Wildblue / Beware of the Trap!

United States Review updated:
Two weeks after having our Wildblue system installed it went out completely an was unable to be revived.
A few days later I received notice from Wildblue I was approaching FAP limits. Whaa? The next day they informed me I'd hit it and was being penalized. (Uh,, the service was OFF!)
Two weeks later I received the same notices and again I was penalized. (Still OFF here!)
Three weeks after it went out it was professionally repaired. (I'm snarling as I write this part)
Finally up and running, immediately the spam came pouring in. Mid way through the spam-a-cide I was again notified and penalized for overuse. No way to get anything now at penalty speeds. (10K or less. Yes, I said 10!)
When I was again released and speeds resumed, the cycle started all over.
Speed
Spam
No Speed
Speed
Spam
No Speed
This has been going on now for several months without pause.
After explaning FAP is claculation daily. Uh huh, daily. Wildblue's friendly customer service people suggested, (excuse me I must strike the wall now) that I get DIALUP service and use THAT instead!!! Thus never having to deal with Wildblue FAP limits again. (This is where I would write something if I wasn't at a loss for words)
I've been in business for over 30 years. If I say something is "unlimited" or I make claims of performance and I fail at any reasonal level, my butt would be sued. Period. People hold their local tradesman to higher standards of performance, and he usually delivers. Wildblue delivers 1/10th of what I'm paying for and they advertised. Where is the FTC when you need them?
The fact that FAP accrues during system outages is a clear indication the FAP calculation process is flawed. This little trick is probably netting Wildblue millions.
( I feel sick)
How does one begin a class action lawsuit?

Comments

Ja
  30th of Nov, 2008
I have used Wildblue for almost a year and it has been pure agony. Extremely slow. All of a sudden I also received email about the FAP usage though nothing changed in my usage. I do not download music or large files or videos ever. Now I am penalized as well. I would like to opt out of this contract but have no clue how - without the penalty of breaking the contract. Seems I will have to pay, pay, pay...