Whitehall Jewelers / Terrible customer service!

1 701 Russell Ave.Gaithersburg, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 301-947-8009

Since 03/21/2008 I have tried to communicate by phone at the store, by phone at the toll free customer service line, and by email regarding a purchase made 12/26/2007. I was left on hold, transferred a couple of times, outsourced to India, based on the accent of the young lady who could not articulate intelligible English, even though I'm sure she meant well. She was also poorly trained and did not even make sense. The customer service line spiked the first call and left me on hold forever the second time I called. I called the local store again and couldn't speak to the manager. WHY! What's her/his shift? Take a message! Then I emailed from the website and not only do I not get a response, but I think I've been taken off their mailing list... no loss. MEANWHILE - I've received as a cherished anniversary/christmas gift from my husband a beautiful blue topaz ring with 1 out of 6 stones now missing. A pretty big one. I think since it occurred before 90 days after purchase it should be replaced. I love the ring. I would pay to replace the stone. I just want my ring fixed and the business that sold it to me has BLOWN ME OFF. I have a lot of nice jewelry and this has never happened. It was the first time I shopped at Whitehall. If they don't take care of my concern, it'll be my last.

Ca

Comments

• Al
      5th of Mar, 2009

I completely agree I have a 3 year plan with them that states that they will clean and re-size the ring. now they shutdown the store around my area and i have not been able to get any contact with their customer service.

• Co
      5th of May, 2009

This comment is to Albert,

If you have a Three Year JSP. You will have to contact NEW, that is the name of the comapny that holds your plan.

I understand your and feel for your concern. The Whaitehall Co. has closed all stores nation wide and many customers like you are not informed about what they can do if they hold a JSP(Jewelry Service Plan).

You will need a copy of your Three Year JSP or the contract number also listed on your purcahse receipt. If you do not have this I an sure NEW will be ablt to assist you with any questions you may have.

The Phone number for NEW is 1-877-338-7826