Westwood College / academic programs

1 Torrance, CA, United States Review updated:

I have been attending Westwood college since Aug of '07 and when I signed up for the Visual Communications program. I asked if the classes I took there were able to transfer to other schools. I was told that it is up to the other schools discretion whether or not the classes were transferrable. That should have sent up a red flag.
Then in Jan of '09 I was told that the cirriculm has changed and that they apply to me! 5 classes that i have already taken would no longer apply toward the degree, I was half way done, and now I am not!
This doesn't sit right with me at all I feel like I am getting ripped off, I recieved a copy of my ledger (since the school handles all of your finances) and at 4, 000 a term that is not too far from 10, 000 after term tuition and lab fees and books.
Books is another issue which i am sure that other students have complaints about.
If there is anything that can be done, a class action suit or something of that sort please contact me.

Vm

Comments

• To
      24th of Mar, 2009

Hey have you joined the facebook group "warnings about westwood"? They're bringing a lawsuit against the school.

12th of May, 2009

i am so glad that i decided to research this school before i completed the enrollment process. I requested info. online and got a call not even 5 min. after i submitted. the lady was really nice and i went in to speak with her. she sold me a dream...the next day i even paid the 50 dollar application fee. so 3 days later i do a little reseach an whaddaya know the same thing said by everyone, phony advisors, the trick you into getting loans. Matter of fact i jst emailed the lady and told her i was no longer interested...she said' you should still finish the enrollment process. you dont wanna be put in a bad situation, you.ve been out of school too long" Please lady i am not dumb. during the brief meeting she kept saying i was good and i could defer my payments for up to ten years like she did. she even said that grants would cover most of tuition..80, 000. i thank all who take time out to share their stories on websites like these to warn young ppl like myself about scams like westwood thanks to you i.ve saved 80, 000 . even though i cnt get my 50 buxx back it made me open my eyes and realizze everyone is not here for u...especially westwood admissions reps...