Westwood College / unauthorized charges

1 17 State StreetChicago, IL, United States Review updated:

After only one year of westwood college, I went from an intimidated young adult returning to school, to a confident decision maker by removing myself from such an unorganized institution. I was repeatedly reminded of weakness in the organization by the constant change of authority.

Every week, a new member of staff would be replaced, especially in the financial aid department. I was Already swallowing my pride and kicking myself for the Sallie Mae loans I have to repay. After healing from a surgery 1 year after leaving Westwood, I was contacted by a collections recovery, telling me I have a 15000 loan and if I don't pay it back now im going to be in a lot of trouble!!

I have my financial aid packet and I have no record of any such loan. I know I was taken advantage of because I made sure I knew everything I signed. how can this happen to so many students? il make sure everyone hears about just how shady this school is. They take advantage of young eager to learn individuals.

Va

Comments

Re
  7th of May, 2009

I too was cheated by them...I lost many years and money because of them...my email address is enriquez.r@gmail.com. Westwood got sued by 60 students in Texas and the students won. Lets do it again.

Da
  17th of Jun, 2009

If I could ever have a do over in my life it would be in March 2006 when I went to talk to the admissions rep at Westwood College. Lies, lies, lies were all I was told. I complained to any and everyone there at that college about how bad the teachers were and they assured me things would get better. Externship site was a joke and I didn't complete the required time on my externship site, but was told to just make something up by the externship coordinator. Had to wait six months after completing the course to take my certification test so we could take it with the class that just completed the course and was helped with the answers on the parts we never covered. When I finally got a job interview (the only one I got) for a job in the field I had 'studied in' I failed miserably. Their test was 100% harder than the certification test. As I took the test at that job interview, I just kept getting madder and madder at Westwood College for not providing me my money's worth of education and myself for not bailing out.

Da
  2nd of Jul, 2009

I attended Westwood Online for all of 2006. My admissions rep never informed me that the program cost 64k. My loans never got approved and towards the end of the year they finally told me how much in the hole I was. I decided to drop out because there was no way I was going to pay 64k for an online degree. The school recently settled a lawsuit with the Department of Justice. There is also a class action lawsuit that has recently been filed against these crooks.

Ra
  8th of Jul, 2009

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that is in the same boat as I am. I attended Westwood College in SW Houston, TX for a little over a year (2006-2008). I had most of my basics already completed so I was told by the advisor my cost would not be that high; infact, I remember her giving me an estimate of about $15, 000. I figured that was reasonable so I continued with the whole process and bought into their whole lies. I filled out for financial aid and did not receive grant money which wasn't a surprise. Afterwards I was encouraged to fill out the paperwork for loans. I went through the whole loan process. I had no clue how much my classes + books were going to cost and they never told me how much my award amount would be to begin with . They said to leave that spot blank while filling out the loan applications. They knew exactly how much I would need to borrow. YEA SURE. So I go to school and graduate. Let me just go on to mention that I learned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Teachers passed everyone. I even had a teacher that hit on me and email/text perverted things. I was so close to filing charges if he would have touched me that would have been it. Back to the financial situation...I got out of school and realized that I owed about $25, 000 to Sallie Mae and $6, 000 to Westwood for private loans since my loans didn't cover everything (so they say). This isn't even going the full 2 years! I am going to UH now but I have to pay a crazy amount just right now on private loans. I don't even want to imagine what it will be like after I get out of school. This is crazy! Going to school there for a little over a year couldn't possibly cost that much! I didn't even get anything out of it! If someone has had the same experience, please contact me: ratigy24@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Es
  18th of Jan, 2012

I agree with that here is my email tyeshiab1@yahoo.com as well if you'll are going for a law sue I in.