Westinghouse Digital / Repair of DVD player in 40& LCD

1 3331 Allison WayLouisville, KY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 502-479-7788

I purchased a 40" HDTV in February 2008. The first unit I purchased I returned the same day to the Sam's Club where I purchased it since it work NOT work at all. They replaced the unit with another one. Now the intergrated DVD player in the TV will not accept disks. I called the Westinghouse Customer Service who tried to troubleshoot the issue over the phone. It was determined that it would haave to be serviced. Since they did not have my registration information on file I had to fax the proof of purchase t them before they would advise me on how to proceed. I provided them with the required information only to find out they want me to ship the unit to California from Kentucky at my expense for warranty work. They state that it can not be returned to the Sam's Club for a repalcement since it's out of that 30 day window. They did provide me with the nearest service center which is in Nashville, TN, a 2 hour one way drive. I'm sure shipping cost for a 40" LCD TV to California would be in the hundreds of dollars. What is a consumer to do to get satisfaction?

Comments

• Gm
      13th of Jun, 2009

i am right there on their service...here is my story
    I bought a westinghouse lcm 22 inch monitor model lcm22w2 in on april 2, 2009 on june 10, 2009 it would not power up..called westinghouse digital repair, after a long wait got a BS answer regarding my unit, next day called back, faxed info requesting rma etc...then 2 days after this all started called 4 times on hold 10 minutes each then went to voice mail "this mail box is full" and disconnect. found blog on line about someone who worked for the original call center and westinghouse supposedly owes $250, 000 new center set up may 21 and apparently we are all wall jobs...taking my monitor to local repair service to see if i can save it...DON'T BUY WESTINGHOUSE DIGITAL ANYTHING...product does not hold up and they do not honor their written warranty, they do not have local service centers in my entire state (KY) but they do in montana..sheep must be big westinghouse users.

• Wh
      6th of Dec, 2009

Same issue with a White Westinghouse 26" LCD w/ integrated DVD player. Will accept DVDs but gives a "loading" message and then says no disc but if you hit eject it will eject it. Know it is not the DVD, as we even tried those that used to work on it. The unit is garbage but what do you expect for the price point? Something that worked more than a dozen times? It is all Chinese crap. Shoddy engineering, shoddy supplier base, shoddy assembly...

Oh yeah, forgot that when I went to mount it, one of the mounting lugs simply snapped off with little force.