Westgate resorts VACATION / unauthorized money taken from my checking account
I was told that my checking account would only be debited 129.00 for a vacation package. The balance was due on July 7th. As I continued with the hour long conversation with Westgate reps. Julio and Manny additional costs and that fact that I was put on hold for extended periods of time led me to cancel the transaction. The only reason I found out that Westgate Resorts had just debited my account for $563.00 was because I was preparing to pay another bill and I went to check my account and I noticed that my account had less money than I expected. I called Westgate and no one could give me an explanation and I have been given the runaround for the past 2 1/2 hours. I was told that it would take 7-10 days for the money to be placed back into my checking account. At no point during our conversation did Manny or Julio tell me that 563.00 would be taken out of my checking account. I specifically told them that I only could give the down payment in the amount of 129.00. I can't believe that they can get away with lying and taking unauthorized amounts of money out of consumers account and then tell you have to wait 7-10 business days to get your money back. I need this matter resolved immediately.No managers were available and I was given phone numbers that did not work [protected] and told that it was the non owner relations number. I was put on hold several times.
I was told that this resort was excellent. That was not my experience tonight.
More Westgate resorts VACATION Complaints & Reviews
- Westgate Resorts - class action 
- Westgate Resorts - Vacation Package - westgate resorts is duplicitous 
- Westgate Resorts Fraud - fraud sales practices and no fraud dept 
- Westgate Resorts - refund policy 
- Westgate Resorts - tricks up their sleeves! 
- Westgate Resorts - TimeShare
- Westgate Resorts - bed bugs inside my hotel room
- Westgate Resorts - timeshare
- Westgate Resorts - time share purchase and cancelation
- Westgate Resorts Branson Woods - being placed in a substandard unit, twice, which caused physical and emotional distress.