Werner Ladder / Terrible service!

1 93 Werner RoadGreenville, PA, United States Review updated:

Was using our Werner attic ladder, when it collapsed! Have video of it occurring! We were putting up a camera when the collapse occurred! Seems the model has been redesigned since ours was purchased.

Va

More Werner Ladder Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Mi
  1st of Apr, 2008

I was using my Werner Aluminum (attic) ladder when they snapped, causing me to fall to the concrete floor. I was later found unonscious. I received a shattered wrist that required extensive surgery. The steps were less then 3 years old!

Sa
  15th of Apr, 2008

You didn't mention model number but bet it was the 2208 or 2210 model. My 2210 snapped at the lower hinges and sent me to the floor also... but luckily landed on an empty suitcase. Email to Werner brought no response. Have filed formal complaint with CPSC and would urge you to do the same. Also, if you're interested, number of other consumers with similar problems at counsel.net chat room.

sk/

Da
  7th of Dec, 2009

The hinges on my 4 year old model 2210 just sheared off over the weekend - I fell hurt my elbow. See pictures below. Filed complaint with CSPC - no other complaints have been filed to date yet clearly this is not an isolated occurrence. Contacting Werner for a replacement ladder - don’t have any confidence that the replacement hinges will suffice.

Ll
  2nd of Apr, 2011

My 2208 ladder snapped at the hinge. Contacted Werner for a replacement ladder. It was handled with nothing but SMILES. The customer service person was friendly and helpful. Well today I received my replacement ladder model AL2210. I was told that this was the redesigned model. So far I have a very happy ending!