Waypoint Homes / rental property

1 Canton, GA, United States

We were relocated from another state to GA for my husbands job last June and had to rent via the internet. We did have animals and we gladly and promptly paid all deposits and rent including a $750.00 non refundable pet deposit for our three dogs (all kennel trained and kennel kept when no one was home). When we arrived for the walk through, the yard was a dump site, hadn't been cleaned, three to four foot piles of leaves and debris along with garbage, broken glass, and trash. The realtor took very strategic photos and told us the house was "as is" and could be left in the same condition when we moved out; although we did not leave it that way. We paid a crew $300.00 that day to clean the yard for the safety of our animals. We moved in and quickly realize the garage and basement ceiling were LITTERED with RATS! It took 45 days to remedy that situation but we were expected to pay rent for that time for 1/3 of a house that was unlivable and unusable and OMG, the smell!. Once they finally repaired the 10 ft hole in the garage wall that had been hidden by sheets of paneling when we did the walk through, no clean up was provided and no sanitation. We personally decided to replace all ceiling tiles in the basement room because you could not overcome the smell nor the feces and urine stains in the tiles. We spent over $300 on new ceiling tiles and did not bill Waypoint Homes! When we pulled the old ones down, there were rats nests everywhere, I do have photos! Over the year we lived there we had pretty much monthly maintenance issues and for the most part, things were taken care of although it was always an inconvenience. As I told my husband just before the lease was coming to and end, "they will raise the rent", and of course, I was correct. They tried to raise it from $1295.00 to $1419.00 a month and it wasn't worth the $1295.00 we were paying so we finally purchased a home and recently moved out. Waypoint is now charging/billing us $1073.00 above and beyond our deposits for "damages, clean up and maintenance". We cleaned every room, every floor, every wall, the appliances (minus the stove, as I forgot because we were trying to move into our new house the same week) we had the carpet professionally cleaned as required by Waypoint, we pressure washed the house, the driveway, the deck. We DID NOT paint the interior and in all the years I've rented have never been expected to. That's normal wear and tear which should be expected. I did however clean all walls and rooms corner to corner with bleach. A few of the minor items I do not disagree with but the bulk of the charges are a joke and unfortunately, the tenant has NO RIGHTS! The carpet was the cheapest crappiest carpet that stunk when we moved in and should have been replaced before we moved in but now we are being slapped with that expense. I am SO OVERJOYED to be out of that house. I plead with anyone reading this, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, they are out for the money, they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. I am so overjoyed to be out of the "renting game".

r

y

• Waypoint Homes Customer Care's Response, Jun 22, 2017

Hello Melissa,

We are so sorry for the experience you had with Waypoint. Per company policy, all security deposit disputes must be made in writing to your local office. Their address can be found on our website at: We have also informed your Property Manager of your review. Your reference number is 101675.

Waypoint Homes