[Resolved] Waypoint Homes / Rent

5 Lancaster, CA, United States

My lease on 45572 Robinson Dr Lancaster Ca 93535 was due to be up on 4/17/17. Due to unforeseen family situations, I began to inquire on terminating the lease 2 weeks early (4/1/17). I first began my attempt to contact someone in this company in December. I left multiple voice mails and emails. Occasionally I received a response back only to say I have reached the wrong person and to try another person. I have over 50 calls and 20 emails logged in an attempt to resolve this issue to no avail. I began my move out process and finally received response that I would still be liable for the lease up until 4/17/17 for a total of $906.61. While I understand that I am contracted for this date and am liable for this payment, I tried for 4 months to ask to leave just 2 weeks early and was out of the home on 4/1/17. The keys were sent to them via fed ex per their request and were received on 4/5 which I have delivery confirmation for. I left the home in move in condition and cannot see why they would not be willing to assist.

• Resolution statement

• Waypoint Homes Customer Care's Response, Apr 12, 2017

We do not have any record of Ms. Slade attempting to contact our team regarding her wish to terminate early. If Ms. Slade has a Lease Termination agreement, please send it to us. We offer early termination, which is a fee equivalent to two month’s rent but does not apply to any rent owed and requires a 30-day notice. This information can be found on page 30 of the rental agreement under the Lease Buy-Out Addendum. The only email we have on file for her is from February 2017, providing her notice to vacate without mention of wanting to terminate her lease early. Again, leases are binding to the dates signed for. In this email, she stated she would be moving out on April 17, 2017.

Ta