Walmart / dishonest business
This is regarding Wal-Mart 5220 at Waters and Dale Mabry in Tampa, Florida. Recently I purchased an air mattress for guests. We got home, filled it with air and found a slit in the seam of the lining. The following day I went to the same Wal-Mart to return the mattress and get my money back. I presented the not-so-lovely cashier with the mattress, my receipt and asked for my money back. She informed me that air mattresses can not be refunded but I could exchange it. What? I have the receipt, this mattress is defective, I want my money back. No, she tells me, there are signs stating you can only return the mattress as an exchange. I asked her where the sign was and she pointed to a sign taped to the register desk.
Hold on. How the heck I would have seen that when I went to a NORMAL register to pay is beyond me. She says there are signs in the department where I got the bed from. I walked back there and found nothing. I found the department clerk and asked her to show me a sign stating air mattresses can not be refunded; she shrugged her shoulders and said there isn't one. She called the assistant manager over and I asked him where the sign was. He too was dumbfounded and told me "Well, we need to get the signs up."
That's fine for the next person but what about right now? You'll have to talk to the store manager, I can't override a return. Okay.
Back the customer service desk I ask to speak to the store manager. The lovely lady calls the manager on the phone and tells her the situation. Unbeknownst to them I can HEAR everything the manager is saying and she told the clerk, "I am too busy to be bothered but customers right now, tell her she can exchange it and that is that."
I ended up exchanging the bed and left, called 1-800-Wal-Mart and after the woman got done apologizing on the phone she promised someone would call me to resolve this situation.
Still waiting for my call...
Why is Wal-Mart holding their customers to a standard they are not holding themselves to?
This store, besides being a nightmare to shop is always filthy, the employees are rude, unhelpful and sometimes just plain mean. I see where they get it from though. If the boss can't lead herself accordingly, the employees won't either.
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations 
- Walmart Stores - huggies size 2 
- Walmart Stores - your website to order on
- Walmart Stores Severn #01875 - store remodel
- Walmart Stores - cnb computers
- Walmart Stores - inoperable and unsafe wheelchair and electric carts