Walmart / scam and fraud

1 Mesa, AZ, United States Review updated:

I purchased a greendot money card from Walmart and after activation, was told my permanent card would arrive in the mail 7-10 business days. After 21 business days and no permanent card, I called the toll free number on the card, and got (of course) some hispanic that I could not understand and the assurance that it would be in the mail. I had to purchase another one so I would not be carrying cash around with me and I am now in the process of trying to get my money back for having to purchase a new one since the first one I bought is not reloadable. I will never buy another one, I think it is a rip-off!

Comments

• Ep
      25th of Feb, 2009

First, when you called to activate your card did you give them the RIGHT address, the one you get your mail at? If not, then there's your problem. Second, it usually takes 3-4 weeks to receive your card, depending on the situation. I don't understand why the nationality of the customer service person matters, anyway you couldn't understand him and stuff and you decided to get another card (Which I don't understand why you get another one! If the first one never got there.)

Bottom line: This card isn't really a rip-off as many say, the ones who are saying this are people who don't read the terms of service on the back of the card. Also, on the outside of the package, it mentions that the temp. card in inside and that it's not re-loadable.