[Resolved] Wadetrade.com / Business opportunity scam

1 Stockport England Greater Manchester, United Kingdom Review updated:

I paid wadetrade.com the sum of £348 on 08/09/16, but I have been scammed or ripped-off by them as they refuse to provide me an advisory service on how to set up in business - and I only paid them the sum of £348 to receive advice from them on how to set up an import/export agency but they are refusing to honour their advisory service contract with me. I am clearly the victim of a scam attempt by wadetrade.com

• Resolution statement

• Updated by JasonMoreno4689234689, Mar 25, 2017

I paid wadetrade.com the sum of £348 on 08/09/16, but I have been scammed or ripped-off by them as they refuse to provide me an advisory service on how to become self-employed or how to set up in business - and I only paid them the sum of £348 to receive advice from them on how to set up an import/export agency but they are refusing to honour their advisory service contract with me. This opportunity appears to be recommended, but only by Wade or people/organisations associated with Wade who probably receive money from him to make such recommendations. Wade's book doesn't contain anything which cannot be easily found elsewhere, a good deal has not been updated to take account of the boom in Internet-based trade and they still refer to European country currencies rather than the Euro. Finally, the Wade forum is a waste of time and, worse, contains a number of scam attempts. I paid him £348 because he said he would provide me with personal mentoring for at least 1 year after I set up my business, but he is refusing to honour this. He is also refusing to issue me a Certificate or a Diploma in International Trade which was supposed to be included in the price of the course. Every time I ring his tel. no., he is just abusive and rude to me and then he terminates the call. The sum of £348 is a lot of money to lose for one book, and I am currently un-employed with no job and no income. I don't know what I can do about this bad situation. I am clearly the victim of a scam attempt by wadetrade.com I can send you evidence by email from 3 other customers of Wade who claim that they have also been scammed by him. They have posted reviews on the internet about him. He also claims to have a money-back guarantee, but he doesn't honour this when you contact him to make a claim under his guarantee. The business is run by someone called Ian Travis and another person called Justin Power.

• Wade World Trade Customer Care's Response, Apr 03, 2017

We are baffled by Jason Moreno's comments. Our client bought the course in September 2016 - it was despatched to him on 8th September. With the course he also received details of the link to the members’ website where various benefits of membership may be accessed.
    Either having received the course, or in anticipation of its receipt, he called us twice - on 12th and 13th September - and we finally managed to return his call on 14th September, when we gave him the advice he was seeking.
    He called again in December, and on 10th December we had a conversation with him lasting nearly 40 minutes, answering his questions and giving him advice on how to proceed in developing his business.
    On 8th March 2017 he emailed to ask about our Global Opportunities newsletter (not published since last October due to the passing of our editor, as is made clear at the members’ website). He also asked a general question about written communication with potential suppliers, which we answered succinctly. If he would like a more developed response to his last question all he needs to do is ask. Indeed, if he wants us to critique his draft correspondence before he sends it we would be more than happy to oblige, as I explained to him in further phone call on 24th March that lasted over 30 minutes.
    In that call I also outlined a course of action for him to develop some enthiusiasm for types of product that might like to get involved with, because we know it's very easy to slip into negativity when scrambling around with a new project. I suggested that even with a day job, with a bit of structure and some realistic targets in need take no more than 4-6 weeks to develop a body of knowledge on a number of product groups that will give him the confidence to press on with contacting manufacturers with view to discussing agnecy proposals with them.
    Given this situation, we think our client's criticism of Wade World Trade is unfounded. We have after all been publishing trade courses for over 70 years, and have had literally thousands of satisfied customers over the decades. we regret he is not currently one of them but we are more than happy to support him - all he needs to do is make use of us.

• Wade World Trade Customer Care's Response, Apr 03, 2017

The terms of our guarantee are follows:
    "We offer a full 'no quibble' 100% money-back guarantee. Order your course and study it for a full 30 days then, if you aren't satisfied, return it and we will refund your money in full, no questions asked."

Ja
Mar 13, 2017

Comments

21st of Oct, 2018

I’ve been trying to phone them for a few months and all ways get a message but can’t leave any message. They give two email addresses but I haven’t received a reply or call back even though I’ve given my email address and phone number. Are they still in business?