Vivitek / lamp/color wheel

1 Elma, United States Review updated:

Same as the other guy! Bought a tv off shopnbc, 56" vivitek with the one year warranty. Wouldn't you know one month after the warranty expired the color wheel burned out. I found this website because I'm online trying to find a replacement lamp now and found this complaint website! let me tell you I don't know if I'm relieved or pissed off to find out someone else has had the same frustration as me at this very moment AGAIN. I would definately not recommend buying anything Vivitek. If you'd like poor reading material the Vivitek manual is a fine read - it is the poorest written book I've ever seen. And customer service? It took along the lines of 2 months to finally get the part and then more time to get someone out here to put it in. Had I known I was going to have to replace lamps every year I would never had bought this TV.

Ga

Comments

• Je
      20th of May, 2008

Same thing happened to us. We bought with HSN and about 1month after the 1 year warrenty ran out the lamp died too. We had a nightmare trying to get the part and when we finally did, we ended up installing it ourselves because we couldn't get anyone out here to do it. It has been exactly 1 more year and all of the sudden last night, while watching a program with my son the tv suddenly died. We called HSN because we were furious that the televison that we paid over $2, 000 for just suddenly died. Of course they toke no resposability for selling and item and touting it as "the best televsion", "This one will last for years and years to come", blah, blah, blah. So...Congrats to us, we are now the proud owners of a $2, 000, 51 inch box. I couldn't be happier. So now my husband is dialing and redialing Vivitek to try and find out what they are going to do about this mess that we are in... and I don't have the heart to tell him that we are just going to have to live with this dead box because we can't afford another $2, 000 to shell out for a family television, the Greatest place ever for our son to play his video games, The coolest way for us to watch movies without having to fork over a small fortune for tickets, popcorn and drinks, not to mention the potential lice and health hazzard to could pick up by putting your head on a chair that someone else was just sitting in. So Thank you Vivitek, I just wanted to let you know that due to your shotty products you will bring our family closer ; We will be heading back to the dining room table to play Uno until we can save up to buy another televison. And it won't in any way, shape, or form come from a tv shopping channel or your company. Partly because WE DON'T HAVE A BIG SCREEN TV THAT WORKS ANYMORE!

• Va
      2nd of Sep, 2008
    Vivitek - Life of the projection bulb
    Vivitek
    vivitek.us

It is very frustrating to spend the kind of money we spent on the 56 inch DLP TV and then have to replace the bulb at $150 every 12-18 months. That's crazy. We've owned a lot of television and this is the first one we've had to put that kind of money into on a regular basis. I was not informed of this issue when I purchased the television. In addition to the expense they are a very hard company to locate and reach. Then the first time I had to replace the bulb the amount of paperwork to complete was crazy. Now I need to reorder again, and am having trouble finding the site again.

• Ro
      27th of Sep, 2008

Same with me, this will be the third one, I don't think the last one even lasted the 12-18 months

• Ca
      21st of Nov, 2008

Well I just had the same thing happen to me i have the 56" and not even 2 years old..the lamp blew out but i had perchased the 2 yr extended plan ..ps does not cover bulbs and many other things just the sevice call and they told me 357.00 plus tax i had taped shop nbc show when i bought it and they said the bulb should last at least 44, 000 hrs what bull...this is not what i thought i purchased..

12th of Apr, 2009

i to have gemstar 56" box replace lamp 2yrs ago last week the box went pop no power try reset no power look at lamp its ok THANKS NBC JIM PETERSONS i have a new box

• Ro
      15th of Jun, 2009

I received my 56" DLP in 11/11/06 and it went down this past week
    06/12/09.I was sure I heard them say on the HSN that the Lamp bulb
    would last around 44000 hrs.They said that's like running your tv 11 to 12 yrs 7/24.We usually only turn our tv on to watch the news at
    night and we have never rented a movie.We thought this tv would last 10 to 12 yrs without any problems, WRONG.I don't think I'm going to even start buying Lamps for this and I sure I will never buy anything from HSN again.If anyone knows of a recourse for this problem or a solution for the lamp bulbs, let me know.I'm not even sure which bulb I need to order if I wanted to.I can't find a phone # to talk to anyone.Any help will be appreciated.

• Ri
      17th of Jul, 2009

we been buying a new buld about every 6 to 8 month now, and there no way to contack vivitek, and shop nbc has nothing to do with it after the sale. we calling attoney genaral makinf form complant about shop nbc and vivitek hope you all do the same Rich

• Ak
      30th of Jun, 2010

We had the loud buzzing right away and had added the $250.00 extended warranty when we bought the tv. When we called to diagnose the problem with a technician, he told us that the lamp needed to be replaced at the tune of $187.00. We said to him what about the warranty? And he replied that it didn't cover the lamp. Well it wasn't the lamp because we continued to view tv for another 2 years and just put up with the noise by turning up the volume on the speakers. We just replaced the lamp about 6 months ago and then the tv just quit one night. Not sure if it is the color wheel or the fan. Have been reading all of the complaints on line about this tv. Somebody made a ton of money from this faulty product.

• Do
      22nd of Apr, 2011

I also purchase a Vivitek 52in tv...I have had nothing but problem with it...Replace the lamp 3...times. also very noise the first day we received it from HSN...Call repair company to have them check they would not come out...I found the noise coming from the color wheel. try to locate part...no luck no longer made...very upset..VIVITEK ..I will never buy a VIVITEK AGAIN, , , JUNK, ...Junk.