Vivitar / Vivitar vivicam 5022

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I bought a Vivitar Vivicam 5022 digital camera about a year ago. It didn't work right so I returned it to Walmart--they replaced it. That one broke after a very short time. They replaced it again. Then that one took blurry pictures all the time. Walmart wouldn't take anymore back --so I looked i the manual and it had information on how to return it to the company. It said to go to their website and go from there--no information there. After an intensive on-line search--during which I learned other people were having the same terrible experiences with this company-- I was able to find the parent company--Sakar International--and after an hour conversation with an Indian man I couldn;t understand, and several emails--he told me to return it to the company. I did that and waited a couple of months--nothing. Called again--another hour long conversation. I was assured I would receive a new camera by 9/08. But it is 9/24 and no camera yet. Called again--another hour long conversation with an Indian man. They are supposedly shipping it this week and I will receive it in mid October. But they won;t send it to my current address--(I have moved) --but only to the last address--which was also new at that time. In other words last time they were willing to ship it to an address different from the original address--but not now. Go figure.

I highly recommend not doing business with this company Vivitar or Sakar Intenrational. I see they have been taken to court and there are many other complaints on line about them.

Comments

• Be
      7th of Mar, 2011

wish I'd read this before I bought one for my grandaughter 9/10. I returned to Vivitar 1st week in Jan 2011 and have had so many promises to ship, sooooo many lies about why it hadn't yet shipped. over 20 conversations with this company since it was sent back. Finally got "supervisor" Susan on 3/1 - She was very apologetic and PROMISED that she would expedite and get right out and my granddaughter would receive on Friday March 4 - FOR SURE!!
    Guess what - not recieved. NOW promised to be shipped today to received in 3 days - already processed and ready to go out today.
    WE'LL SEE!!! rather doubt it based on experience last 2+ months!!

23rd of May, 2011

same story as bevhath !!! promises, promises! You will have it this Friday, still no camera 5 weeks later!!!

• Fr
      24th of May, 2015

Customer service manager rudely told me that they never carry that product when I spoke to a headquarters rep and he says they most certainly do she just didn't want to accept the refund.