Vision Prepaid / taking charges that was not authorized

1 Martinsburg, WV, United States Review updated:

Did not authorize the 34.95 that was charged. Web savers obviously got my credit card number and charged me 34.95 four times. It has not been returned to me. I live on a very fixed income so the 34.95 four times could of taken me a long way. I am now a trying to survive with the money I am making and decided that once the money comes back to me it will come back off and I will cancel the card all together. I feel that vision prepaid visa is not worth the time or the money. I also feel that not only has vision has given out my card number they also gave out my wifes email that was given to them so that we can get any alerts on any authorizations were going through that was supicious.

Bo

Comments

28th of May, 2009

Call Vision Card customer service immediately at 1-866-701-9202 and they can start chargeback proceedings. You may also want to contact websavers and tell them you did not authorize the charges and ask for a refund. It sounds like some addon from a free credit report or other free trial site.

I don't really find fault with vision prepaid.

• Db
      8th of Oct, 2009

I have had a Vision prepaid card for about 45 days now and it has just been a nightmare... they hide their fees and don’t charge it until right before you make a transaction. For example I loaded $30 dollars into my card checked online to see how much I have available. The balance as $30.65, not more than a minute after I attempted to charge $30 o my card online to make a purchase and behold it was declined.

I went back online to check my account and see that they have charge a reload fee just seconds before my attempt to make my purchase online. It seems that they make an effort to hide their fees and only charge them when you are making a purchase so that thy can rake-in as much decline fees as possible. I should mention that this happened 3 times in a 30 day period.

Another example of hiding fees is that a few days ago after loading my card I attempted to use my card right after they send me a text of my balance and after checking online to verify the balance... once again my card decline because they have never posted a decline fee 2 weeks prior... my account doesnt even show any transactions of any fees during the day they said it was declined instead they posted the fee on this day that I tried using it... so instead of one decline fee it is now two all because they hide their fees and charge them only when you are making a purchase.

I am new to these prepaid cards and thought it was a good way to protect my regular bank cards from online hackers but seem that vision card is proving that they are as much of a thief with some legal backing.

I do use other prepaid cards and this is so far the worse one and do plan on closing my account after I use all remaining funds. Don’t bother calling them because they will say a supervisor will return the call if he/or she ever returns to work. I sent them numerous messages on their webpage and this is the message they send me over and over:

We do understand your concerns, however in order to assist you best please call customer care.

Thank you for contacting Customer Service. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again.

PreCash Vision
    www.visionprepaid.com
    Toll-Free Account Information Line: 1-800-207-1805
    Customer Service: 1-800-207-1805

... Seems like another ploy to me to charge you more fees of their $1.95 fee to talk to a customer support agent... I guess local stores could follow this kind of practice as another source of revenue.

Vision card... has now one less customer

• Pa
      10th of Oct, 2009

THIS IS THE WORST CARD OUT I PUT 60 DOLLARE ON CARD WENT TO USE IT AND WAS DECLINE YOU CANT TALK TO A LIVE PERSON SO IM OUT OF 60 DOLLARS AND I EVEN SEND EMIL WITH NO REPONSE THIS CARD SUCKS

• Ro
      22nd of Feb, 2010

i dont understand that why i should have to go threw the process of resigning up everytime i have to to login to are accounts okay

• Xi
      24th of Feb, 2010

I think that the fact that you have no ability to talk to a live person is senseless. And now I understand that if you do speak to a live person that you will be billed. A friend of mine recommended I try Account Now I looked them up on the internet and gave them a call sounds to me like that is what I will be switching too. I was just trying to wait and see if someone at Vision would take heed to the negative comments and make some positive changes especially giving their customers an opportunity to speak with a live representative without having to pay a fee. As for the above complaints I did not base my decision on those customers situation cause I realize that there are certainly pieces to their stories that would explain why they experienced those declines(I am not new to banking). As I am writing this comment I am suddenly realizing that I have never spoke to a live person...not that I didnt want to as I badly would like to speak to a live agent now but I never seem able to get anything other than an automated system.

Hey Vision when it comes to money people like the convenience of the automated system but when there are concerns and questions that can not be answered in that form what would you like for us to do?

• Su
      2nd of Apr, 2010

I had loaded $40.00 to my card. I tried to buy something for my lil boy since his birthday's coming up. Don't have a present and I am out 36.00. VISION PREPAID SUCKS BIG ###ING HAIRY DONKEY BALLS.

• Bu
      28th of Oct, 2010

Vision prepaid cards have so many hidden fees, you have to pay to talk to customer service, they really do suck. I ammediatly cancelled my direct deposit after they extorted me out $2.95 twice in one day on a pos decline where I clearly had the money in there to cover it. There customer sevice is the worse and they need to be investigated for fruadlent services. Times are to hard today to be having your hard earned money taking from you by these corporate gangsters.

• Tj
      29th of Dec, 2010

Absolutely horrible! Hung up on 4 times by customer service. $1000 limit because I applied online, do it on the phone and it's 2500. I've been trying to upgrade for 8 days now even they say it only takes 24-48 hours, meanwhile the vacation I am trying to pay for with it only keeps going up every day. Not a bank, not FDIC insured. Put your $ elsewhere.

12th of May, 2011

this card is so bad...an employer deposited 80.00 to my account..next thing I know...the next day I only had 70.00 left..wtf?? they charge a TEN DOLLAR activation fee---what a RIPOFF...i was trying to figure out a way to withdraw money from this nightmare because i feared getting charged ridiculous fees for any little transaction so I waited a week and then they charged another TEN dollar MONTHLY fee--wtf??? i hadnt even used my card and stupid vision prepaid ### stole 20.00 from my card...WTF WHAT A JOKE...Then i went to use the ATM and it was DECLINED and i got charged a 3.00 DECLINE FEE...huh???? if i use it again guess what-- i get charged 2.00 for ATM and 2.00 from VISA for the transaction...this card is about stealing your money apparently...ive never heard of acard this bad...stay away from this thing!!!

• Tr
      12th of Feb, 2012

everyone says there are hidden fees I have this card and you are all ###ed clearly with today's laws all you have to do is read the damn terms and conditions There can't be hidden fees bc it's illegal let me ask you all this did you bother to read terms and conditions I bet not bc you can't sit your ### down take 10 minutes to go over them I am happy with my vision prepaid the major factor to understand the fees on the card.Read the terms and conditions before use please and then complain

• Co
      15th of Jul, 2013

Is this website a joke? Exactly which complaint am I supposed to be directing my "attitude"? A ###ed complaint board for complaints about ###ed companies. It's a ###ed world. Anyhow, ### Vision prepaid. Even worse than greendot. All these complaints are true, except for the guy defendiing them, and the guy who posted the 866 customer service number. That number is an activation number, it's useless for pre-existing accounts.

• Wo
      22nd of Oct, 2013

my card got canceled due to id verifaction . they want a id and ss card, statment from a bill and the best one is my reload receipt which was over a month ago and i dont have . so they tell me to contact green dot to get a copy of receipt but wont tell me what day it was on either . wont give me a statement or refund untill i reopen account. but cant reopen due to no reload receipt. isnt that illegal

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2018

I've been using my Vision Card for over 15 years and never had a problem like these other people have. They must be using it and not remembering it.