Vacation Depot / Timeshare Rental

United States, New York Review updated:
Vacation Depot
I was contacted by Vacation Depot. The woman explained how easy it was to rent my timeshare weeks at the Marrio Grande Vista Resort in Florida. When I showed interest she put her supervisor, John Hamilton, on the phone. After speaking with John I paid the one time fee of $848.00. The day after I tried to reach him with no luck. After several messages I realized that I was speaking with a message center. They give out no information about the company. They are hired only to take messages. Right now I am working with American Express to dispute the charges so that I can get my money back. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Beware of their scam.

N  14th of May, 2009 by

Vacation Depot - Scammers Big time
Vacation Depot
2235 South Woodland Blvd., Suite #206
Phone: 18885170003

I was contacted by 18885170003 from Vacation Depot. They gave me the same story as they told that they had a pre-approved buyer for my timeshare. When I asked for a contract with the purchaser's signature and agreement to purchase, they gave me the name of a person and said he would call me. When the person called me, he gave me a different name and quickly corrected it when I said I must not be the same person.

They called me back and when I told him the person gave me a different name, he became angry and said too bad - already charged your credit card. He had previously told me he would not charge the card until I was satisfied as to the identity of the purchaser.

I absolutely believe these people are NOT LEGIT - it's another SCAM - BEWARE!

A  1st of Jul, 2009 by
My husband and I had exactly the same experience... A call came to our home one evening from Vacation Depot asking whether we'd like to rent or sell our Grande Vista Timeshare in Florida. We said, sure, let's hear. We were told it was worth a minimum of $22, 000 to a max of $26, 000. My husband then asked to speak with someone "higher" up for details. The agent told us to go to the website and then call back. We did go to the website and did call back and left a message... No one ever returned our calls. We never paid money and it all sounded too good to be true. It is curious how they got our number, in fact, because we did advise Marriott to see about selling our property for us since we bought a new one just recently. Pretty scary stuff.
A  21st of Jul, 2009 by
Similar experience when contacted by Sara Mendes at Vacation Depot. She offered to promote the Marriott unit at Ocean Pointe for rent or sale at ridiculously high prices. She made is sound as if they had been engaged to purchase the units on behalf of a buyer that specializes in conventions. She then pushed to get an $848 fee for "title work". I offered to pay the fees upon closing with a bonus if she was able to get hte unit sold in 60-90 days as advertised. I asked her to send me a non contingent sales contract and I will pay the fee. Instead I received a marketing contract with a bunch of disclaimers.
A  11th of Feb, 2010 by
BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND THEIR NEW NAME "SKY BLUE SOLUTIONS". This company has had to change their name 3 times in the past 2 years because of all the complaints that potential buyers could look up online.

A man by the name of "Steven Douglas" called my parents tonight Feb 11, 2010, with the entire script that everyone else posted about...the convention with cooperations willing to pay $9K over the purchase price, etc etc.

So glad we researched this company before we gave them the upfront fee, which has since increased to $950.

A  12th of Aug, 2010 by
The owner, Tim Gaffney, is a real piece of work, hires folks to come out and clean rental properties and then stifss them on the bill claiming they did a bad job, He has done this to a total of 11 cleaning services IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS, these folks are scammer all the way!!! STAY CLEAR OF THESE PEOPLE!!!
A  12th of Aug, 2010 by
N  11th of Jan, 2011 by
If you are a Vacation Depot customer or have been contacted by this company call our toll free hotline to get your hard earn money back and also sell your timeshare as well. This company was formed only a couple years ago and used to resemble a legitimate company that told and lied to timeshare owners that they could sell their timeshares fror them. We are a company with a proven track record and integrity please call us at 866-964-8881.