Vacaciones Wide Plus / Fraud business practices!

1 Spain Review updated:

Vwp conned us on 13th april 07 we paid £950 deposit thinking we were getting a good deal with £7500 to pay when we got home and emailed them dozen of times we knew we had been conned all they offered us was lies. We sent a cancel letter recorded to them stating this response was you cant cancel email us and we can come to a compromise no waqy so we emailed again with all the lies they told us 5 days later we got cancel letter from them offering £700 refund within 21 days of them receiving our cancel letter 21 days came we emailed again 2 days later we got the cheque for £700. They still conned us out of £250. If your in mallorca or anywhere abroad and stopped by touts in the street with scratch cards and the wife or girlfriend wins a free holiday guys win wine kids win free t shirts then you know its a conn if you do go for it and get your free taxi to a 80 min presentation which last about 4 hours DON'T SIGN OR HAND OVER ANY CREDIT DEBIT CARDS there is no cooling off period any holiday club that are genuine would let you take all the info away and think about it with VWP. No way you have to sign while your at presentation. What they offered i could do myself on the internet.

Comments

• Al
      18th of Apr, 2008

Hi can you give us any advise on how to cancel, get money back etc. Can you let us know how you managed it.

Any help would be useful

Thanks

alison

• Ca
      13th of Jun, 2008

I wish I'd read this before I went to Palmanova on 10.06.08. I can't believe I fell for the scam of winning a holiday but I did. The 80 minute "presentation" lasted 3 hours but only because I eventually said I was bored with it and my answer was NO. The price quoted to me was £2950 for life membership which could then be passed on to my kids!!! The manager - a Mr Robinson was particularly vile - Every so often a man would put his head into the room and announce another (mug) person had joined up and everyone had to clap, it was sickening. I didn't even get my promised trip into Palma as I was hustled off like something nasty smelling as soon as I said no. Please please make this info more accessible to those people who are intending to visit the Balearics. I would like also love to know how they(VWP) got an advert in the BA and Easyjet inflight magazines though. If their practices were made known to the airlines I'm sure they would be withdrawn.

• Ra
      16th of Jan, 2009

can anyone tell me how to get my money back from this as i was promised a cruse and when i tried to claim it there was no help .