US Passport Agency / new passport

1 44132 Mercure CIR , Sterling VA 20166-1190US Department of State passport Service, United States Review updated:

On June 15, 2015 I was at the post office to give in everything I was requested to in order to get my passport within 4 to 6 weeks. Today is now 9/14/2015 and I still have not received my passport to date. I was notified that they needed more information from me back in august. Which I also sent in as soon as I was notified. My trip was set up for early September I couldn't go and the travel agency charge me hundreds of dollars in fees. I am a us citizens, I not a criminal I don't have no felony. I have been working since 14 years old. Previously I have only took road trips, and now that I want to fly to a nice island I can't even go anywhere without a passport .

Re
Sep 14, 2015

Comments

• Ca
      17th of Sep, 2015

I have the same issue.. I apply at the City Hall on July 29, 2015 then start to process my passport on August 3, 2015. I paid extra $60 for expedited and $15 for overnight shipping. Until now September 17, 2015, I still didn't recieve my passport or any kind of contact from the Agency. I've been in contact with the customer service from National Passport services but all they can do is send them a notification every 14 days. I even talked to their supervisor but they can't do anything as well. They suggested that i can write to the Agency myself which I did last week but still no response or anything from the Agency. I'm getting so frustrated and depressed because I really need the passport so I can continue working. I'm currently out of job and I dont even know when or what other steps can I take to get my passport asap. They sent my application in Sterling, Va. eventhough I live in San Francisco.

• Ju
      24th of Sep, 2015

My husband is trying to get his passport for the first time. We were told in Santa Clara, Ca. that we would need a delayed birth record as he was born at home with a midwife (now deceased); father (deceased); mother (deceased); uncle (deceased) so no one to attest that he was born. Got it went before the judge took the oath and recorded the letter. Along with that letter his birth certificate was also sent. They did not accept these records as they were recorded more than one day after birth. Sent Baptismal Record from church (which they say is altered); DD-214 from serving in the military and geneology record (did not accept these either). We now are sending a school record which is the only other item we have as all other records were destroyed in house fire. HE WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO SERVE HIS COUNTRY IN VIETNAM NO QUESTIONS ASKED; BUT CANNOT GET A PASSPORT FROM THE COUNTRY SERVED. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE. They also have a copy of his driver's license. What can he do to get a passport, do we need to contact an attorney; senator; congressman or who to get this processed.