US Online America Group / Fraud and scam!

404 W. Broadway Rd. Suite #107Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:
4.8
Phone: 800-237-9354

I received a phone call from USOAG with an opportunity to sell satellite dishes in June 2006. I paid the startup fees and paid for the site link I was required to provide. I also printed out fliers and took them around the area. This was a great expense as well. I set up my own business site to provide a link source. I was told that if I did all these things I would make lots of money. There was a period in which I could get a refund but that period covered the time it took to just get the site up and running.

Then I get the call AFTER the the refund time had lapsed to inform me that unless I put up over a thousand dollars for prompting the site then I won't make money. I told the rep that I was informed that if I did the aforementioned I would see a great profit and was not needing to do anything else. So I was mislead and there was no recourse. I kept my sites going and tried other ways to promote and followed suggestions given. No results...

I did some research and found there were others who were scammed as well. I informed USOAG I was terminating with them. I canceled my CC with them. I kept getting calls from them and then eventually collections. I lost money on this scam and I had made the monthly payments until I found out that this was a stinking rat!
Va

Comments

Jo
  7th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I fully agree with the comments posted above. This USOLAG is indeed a scam. They suck you in with what sounds like a great deal. Then, after you have signed on, they come at you with this charge and that charge etc. etc. I agree with the post above. What I need to know is: Can they really enforce their so-called Associate Buyers Agreement ?

Can they affect your credit rating? So far I have refused to pay another dime and I am being threatened with all sorts of dire consequences. As far as I am concerned they are guilty of non-disclosure, which in Canada is a very severe offence.
Sa
  10th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Thank God, I got to this website in time. I was literally on the phone with one of their so-called representatives while reading your complaint! After I exposed the rep., he became very irrate and verbally abusive. He told me that I want something for nothing, I have nothing, and that I will never have anything. Of course, I didn't take any of this personally. It was actually quite humourous. Please Please Please stay away it's a S-C-A-M in every sense of the word!!
Sh
  12th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I agree that this is a scam. They even ask you to sign in on there website using your social security number as your password. I have tried to cancel with them and was told that their cancellation department was busy with another call. I am not happy. I did the search for this company AFTER I signed on with them. Big mistake!!! Then I found all these websites saying that this company is not on the up and up. Now I am trying to figure out how to get out of this now that they have all of my information. Boy I feel stupid. Thanks for starting this website
log.
Wa
  25th of Mar, 2008
U.S. Online America Group quote
"U.S. Online America Group has made our Internet Website solutions available to anyone or any business that may want an opportunity to make extra money"

YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE MORE MONEY AFTER THIS COMPANY GET THROUGH SCAMING YOU.
also known as=USOLAG, U.S. Online America Group etc
U S Online America Group
404 W Broadway Rd
Tempe AZ 85282-1340
480-237-1900
602-291-0559
this company is one of the biggest SCAMS yet.im 4000.00 down because of their lies.
beware b4 it 2 late.

im just a "little" PO'D
Ea
  12th of Apr, 2008
U.S. Online America Group
I purchased 60, 000 web impressions for $4, 000 Dollars to promote the American Dish & Dish Network Satellite TV and not one sale was generated. The pitch is that you only need in this case 15 orders to break even, that all analog cable connections need to be digital by Feb 2009 (true), and they provide professional advertising. I have proof to back this statement up. I can e-mail proof of purchase and sales statements with dates to anyone who requests (rbarker@rogers.com). My advice don't do it.
Na
  21st of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I signed with these people. I later canceled the agreement. Then a few months later they are calling me over & over again trying to get me to sign up with them again. Every single time one of them calls me I ask them to remove my number from their list. The have continued to call me everyday after I curse at them & tell them i will charge them with Harassment. I'm extremely angry with these teens calling me several time a day every day being rude to me. I told of one of them today I have told you people a million times remove my number from your list, and he replied maybe it will take a billion. They will not make any money from me so why can't they just leave me alone!
En
  1st of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I bought the advertising as well. They make you buy now or never. I did check them out after buying thier ad's. Not Good. Has anyone got money back? How can they get away with this?? Who do I report them to?
Wa
  10th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
LAW SUIT AGAINST U S Online America Group
Me
  14th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I got suckered to. I'm just glad that I'm not alone and all of you sound intelligent (very ), but doesn't this make you feel so stupid.
Di
  19th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I too got scammed to the tune of $4000.00 american and I haven't mada a single cent. How do I get in on the class action lawsuit.

Diane Freeman
Na
  4th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
IS THERE A LAWSUIT COMMING? PLEASE LET ME KNOW..i want in. They have scammed enough people
Pr
  11th of Jun, 2008
i had talked to a representativve on phone and he talked me into this web based business and charged my amex canada card the amount of US$59.98 and when next day i called they talked to me for 1 hr saying i could not even get that refund even though i cancelled to be with them in just 15 minutes time now when i called them they did not answer my phone but the emails i had received from them miraculously disappeared i am scared i dont want to be charged monthly some amount and also need the amount they charged back but with the emails everything has disappeared.
please help
Mi
  12th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I got FUCT out of alot of money to. Chris Geoghegan was the ###er that suckered me into it.
Mi
  12th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
If anyone knows a way to stop this criminals and get our money back please let us know.
An
  13th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I JUST recently signed up with them and as soon as I submitted the form I realized it was a fraud cuz that lady told me that I will not be contacted till 14 days later which is after their refundable period. Does anyone know how can I get the start up fee back???? I am living in Canada by the way. Any lawsuit that can help to stop this criminal?
Ed
  9th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Got a phone callfrom this crew last nite..they wanted me to max. out my credit card to the tune of 900.00 even after i told them i was a senior trying to supplement my income..buyer beware..these guys are heartless scammers.
We
  13th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Now, im not saying that there is the chance that you just aren't uttilizing the tools and help they offer to you. I do know this check out what the BBB (better business buero) has to say about it. Plus you obviously allowed your self to believe the rep. who called you with the upsale of marketing your site you have the one year web sites already locked in and all you need to do is advertise this or provide the link to as many sites as possible and push it localy in the states, no one has ever needed to take the expenssive advertising opt. the company provides. It is expensive to do advertising that way but it is the a sure fire way to produce a large number of hits!
I am sympathetic to each and every one of you but i have no negative experience with said company.
Jo
  18th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I just go t off the phone with them 10 minutes ago.

The deal today is two web sites (one for Dish and one for DirectTV) that they will set up for free...yes...FREE. However, there will be a $19.99 month web hosting fee for both sites. On top of that there is a one time only set up fee of $99.99 to get going.

When I said that I would think about it and get back to them, he said he could give me his number but that the cost would be $49.00 per month for EACH site and the start up fee would go to $499.00. I said that would be fine since I always check into things before I start.

At that stage he got a ugly, saying that he knows I would never call me back. I told him that if the deal is THAT good, I would. He then said that I was in pretty bad shape if I had to think about a $100 investment. He asked if I ever made money after thinking and I responded..."Every time".

At that stage he abruptly said..."I tell you what, you have a good day...Good bye"...and hung up.

The way I see it, I now have SEVERAL hundred dollars in my pocket because I thought about it that otherwise I would not have.

Thanks everyone for the warning. I actually pulled this site up while I was talking to him on the phone.
Sc
  21st of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
these ### got me, can't believe it since I'm in sales and marketing also. I kept asking about their company names and she Pratrcia Marrese kept pushing saying it was direct sattelite she represents. SCAM!! never again will I do any online business unless its my own business.
If
  24th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I got nailed hook, line and sinker. I am off work due to heart surgery and thought this would be a great way to supplement my income. What i didn't realize was that no reputable website will post ads for these satellites because they don't want to ruin there reputation. America Online Group is not recognized as a legitimate company anywhere. Lesson learned the expensive way but i'm not done with them yet.