UPS / package delivery, poor customer service

1 Attn: Jennifer Spencer, 55 Glenlake Parkway NEAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (404) 828-4900

UPS World Headquarters
Attn: Jennifer Spencer
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328

[protected]

UPS training policies and their management's complete disregard for CUSTOMER SERVICE combined with employees who don't give a damn appears to be the problem with UPS.

A new UPS Driver in Champaign, Illinois has ruined my YEARS of previous excellent satisfaction with UPS services. The regular delivery person for my neighborhood is outstanding. But, the new driver, this week demonstrated a side of UPS that left me unsettled. The new driver rang the doorbell, and I immediately answered, I could see the UPS truck, but the driver had gone next door. I didn't see a package at my door and assumed that he rang my bell by mistake. As the driver is returning to his truck, he says that he threw the package in the bushes. I asked why he would do that, the driver asked if I'd rather have the package stolen. Tough call- package left at the door or thrown into the snow (in a cardboard box)? It's a no brainer. The driver confidently defends his training of placing items in the bushes and snow because the snow was not melting.
Watch the UPS driver defend his actions on YouTube: " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1qUd9na_PQ "

A manager or supervisor (Sarah) from the Urbana, Illinois office somewhat defended this position stating that he should have placed the package in a plastic bag before putting into the snow and bushes.; search for "###ic UPS Driver Leaves Package In Snow." I am highly disappointed that UPS allows this. Electronic items are NOT cheap and it's simply not right to place cardboard boxes containing electronics in the snow. Big Brown let me down, today.

UPS

Comments

• Yo
      1st of Mar, 2017

I just spent a week trying to convince UPS that my address DID exist after a driver decided it was "wrong." Both Amazon and myself personally gave UPS the correct address at least four times, and each time UPS said "OK, we've got it, " but they did NOTHING - they never put the package on the truck to be delivered - three times. Then they put it on a truck to be delivered and told me it had been delivered, but it hadn't, so I contacted UPS and told them it had not been delivered, and in their reply to that email they gave me the address they delivered the package to, probably thinking they were going to show me up - but the address they delivered to was not my address.

I copied UPS CEO David Abney and UPS President of US Operations Myron Gray in on my emails to UPS customer service, and after UPS told me that _I_ could not request an "investigation" (because I was not the shipper of the package) and that UPS would now only deal with Amazon, I got a call from Roger Brown in UPS HQ who understood the stupid circus that I had been subjected too and promised to fix it by sending a driver to the "wrong address" to retrieve the package and then deliver it to me. Roger Brown is at (404) 828-4900. We will see what happens...

• Yo
      1st of Mar, 2017

I am pleased to report that Roger Brown did what he said he would do and my package has been delivered to me!