University Square Hotel / university square hotel, fresno, california

This was one of the worst hotel stays our group has every encountered. The common areas of the hotel, including the elevators, are filthy. The front desk is understaffed and totally unappealing. There is no decor and there are memos and notes just tacked to the walls. Very tacky, pun intended. Our rooms were minimally cleaned. One of our members found a towel with a big, black handprint on it. The next day she found a huge ball of human hair on a towel. The breakfast was abysmal and tasteless. While sitting there one morning, several "street people" came in and helped themselves to the food, then walked out. They were never challenged. The beds are the worst hotel beds I have every encountered. My bed sagged where countless guests before me had slept. The bed was so uncomfortable that I hardly slept the first night. Our meeting room, for which we paid a $30.00 service fee, had not been dusted or cleaned in months. There was no water station provided, and it took 2 1/2 hours after our request to get water. This is the first time, in all the years I have booked hotel meeting rooms, that we had to ask for water after occupying the meeting room. The staff tried hard to please, but it is obvious this property is poorly managed and the staff is inadequately trained. Skip this one, folks!

Ka