Universal Technical Services / Huge delay in getting service (have not yet received)
Summary: Huge delay in getting service (have not yet received), rude customer service. They take you money for the warranty but don't want to follow through on providing the service. Rating should not be "Please Improve" because I feel no need to be civil with this company after the treatment I have received.
I got a Nordic Track Treadmill from Sears and bought an Extended Service Warranty, which is serviced by UTS. This has been the most annoying and unhelpful company ever in getting service on a warranty.
I called over a month ago, and had the hassle of not being recognized in their system even though I was looking at the receipt with my warranty information on it. After that was figured out no thanks to them, I scheduled service. They wanted me to give them the details of what was wrong and then diagnose it over the phone without ever having seen it. Then, they would ship out the parts, which were on back order and took half a month to get to my house. AFTER that, I was expected to call the local sub-contractor to get service. The local sub-contractor came in the beginning of October and realized they had diagnosed the wrong thing and ordered more parts from UTS. That was in the beginning of the month. It is now almost the end of the month and I have yet to receive three parts that are needed. This is over a month since I first reported the problem
I have been very persistent in following up, and have received rude or flaky customer "service" every time. They would tell me parts shipped that day when in fact they had not. They would give me no ETA for when they could ship those parts. In fact, one woman would not hand me over to her supervisor after I told her I wanted to speak with them about the fact that it was over a month. She had the gall to tell me I should cancel my plan.
Is this what UTS wants? They take your money and run. Nordic Track and Sears, both of whom I used to respect, should be ashamed of handing its warranty plan over to such an irresponsible corporation.
Sorry for the lengthy note, but I hope this convinces customers to change their treadmill buying habits. Do not get a Nordic Track because it will have problems in a year, and you will not get any service on it even if you pay for a service plan.
More Universal Technical Services Complaints & Reviews
- Universal Technical Service - Do not buy extended warranty from Sears 
- Universal Technical Services / Nordic Track Treadmill - worst customer service that I have ever had the misfortune to experience 
- Universal Technical Services / Nordic Track Treadmill - what a complete rip off 
- Universal Technical Services / Nordic Track Treadmill - I have actually cried in frustration at this company
- Universal Technical Services - Bad customer service
- Universal Technical Services - Simply awful
- Universal Technical Services / ICON Health & Fitness - Waste of money and this warranty was unavailing
- Universal Technical Services - Don't purchase
- Universal Technical Services / Treadmill - Piece of junk
- Universal Technical Services - Stay clear of these guys if you value your investment in time and money