United Cash Loans / harassment

1 3531 P Street NWMiami, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-566-2531

The company called regarding an outstanding debt in December 0f 2007. Prior to the calls from the company, a third-party collections company contacted me in July 2007 regarding the debt. I made arrangements with the third-party collections company and had a zero balance with them. Six months later, United Cash Loans began calling requesting payment for the same debt again. I requested two pieces of information from them, 1: a letter verifying the debt and 2: to contact me in writing only. After speaking to several representatives and supervisors, the calls stopped around April of 2008.

In November of 2008, I began to receive calls from the company again. However, this time, the customer service representatives call me between 7 and 8 am. I inform them each time that they are calling outside the regulated call hours, and they call me a liar and say that if I pay the debt, they will stop calling, and that my refusal to address the debt will result in additional calls.

It is now January 2009, I have spoken to multiple supervisors at the company, and today after frustration (as they called at 7:09 am) I decided to file a complaint with the FTC. I don't know if it will stop the calls, but I figured, I have given them ample opportunities to address both the debt that has already been collected as well as the calls at 7:00 am.

I see there are multiple complaints about this company, but I thought I should add this as well.

Comments

• Mi
      19th of Aug, 2010

Where is the one that gave me my loan? I called them and and it seemed like everything was (for lack of better words) top secret. I just want their physical or mailing address and they will not give it up. what the hell with that? i'm feeling like their being scandlist.

So here I am out here in oregon and they say they are in miami, ok. well a lot of freaking good that does me. why can't they just give me their mailing address? what do they have to hide? it is becoming quite appearant I do not want to do any more business with them.

• Sk
      26th of Oct, 2012

The following is a cease-and-desist letter that I sent on october 9, 2012 to united cash loans. it is the second letter I sent them:

* * *

9 october 2012

United cash loans
    3531 p street nw
    Miami, oklahoma 74354

To whom it may concern:

On 30 july 2012, I sent you a letter demanding that your company immediately cease and desist from making any further collection calls either to my home or cell phone.

In my initial letter, I cited the fact that on at least two occasions, your company made collection calls to my employer without my permission, in clear violation of section 805, subsection (b) of the federal fair debt collection practices act (15 usc 1692c).

To date, your company has refused to comply with my cease-and-desist demand and continues to make collection calls to my home. each call that your company makes is a further violation of the fdcpa.

The fact that your company is a “tribal lending entity wholly owned by the miami tribe of oklahoma, ” as stated on your company's website, does not absolve you from liability under the fdcpa. federal law trumps any state, county, municipal – or tribal – law.

Therefore, pursuant to section 809, subsection (b) of the fdcpa (15 usc 1629g), you are hereby ordered to stop making any further collection calls. because of your company's repeated violations of the fdcpa, you have forfeited any right to collect.

Failure to comply with this order will result in complaints filed against your company with the justice department for illegal harassment under the fdcpa.

In addition, copies of this letter will be sent to my attorneys for possible legal action in the event that your company continues in refusing to comply with this order.

This is your final warning.

Sincerely,

Dion b. lawyer-sanders

* * *
    As of today (october 26) ucl is still making collection calls to me. not only am I filing charges against ucl with the federal trade commission and the new federal consumer financial protection board, I also want to know if there any class-action lawsuits pending in fedderal court against ucl. I want to join as a co-plaintiff.

• Th
      31st of Oct, 2012

Yep that is harassment. Why don't you sue pro se? You can seek guidance on how to proceed at debtorboards dot com

• Th