United Cash Loans / scam billing
I took a loan out in May 2008 for 200.00. I agreed to the payments and followed through with them as scheduled. In August 2008 I was informed they were illegal lenders in Maine an had a cease and desist order in effect from 2007.
I contacted the state and they told me I legally only had to repay the 200.00 I borrowed. When I went through mystatments I saw I had repaid and then some. The online contract was void because Maine law has presidense over contracts signed by Maine consumers who actually live in Maine.
I sent a cease and desist order and revoked my ACH approval, and placed an ACH block on my account and the next week they took out a paper check for 320.00, the amount they claimed I owed still.
I reported them again to the state and they told me to ignore them. The loan is illegal in Maine and even if they tried to sue, it would be thrown out since in Maine they have to be a licensed lender and they are not. The state has sent them several letters on my behalf with the law and telling to pay me back what they owe but the letters are refused by the company and returned.
This company is not licensed to lend in most states.
More United Cash Loans Complaints & Reviews
- United Cash Loans - scam - unfair 
- United Cash Loans - fraud and scam 
- United Cash Loans - harassment 
- United Cash Loans - fraud!!! 
- United Cash Loans - fraud #2 
- United Cash Loans - Fraud/Rip Offs 
- United Cash Loans - cross selling
- United Cash Loans - calls non stop
- United Cash Loans - Never applied, but yet they are calling and threatening me 
- United Cash Loans - changed payment way high without letting me know until after they had done it