United Benefits Of America / Unauthorized billing

United Benefits will cheat you so beware. I recently signed up for coverage with Health Benefits of America and received a confirmation letter with total up front costs charged way above original agreements made over the phone.

None of the charged amounts even came close to what was agreed upon originally and there were new 'initial payment' costs added in to the health plan paperwork that were never agreed upon but were charged to my bank account that were in the hundreds of dollars.

The next discrepancy that was noted is one of actual coverage available to the insured, which does not live up to the original plan that was discussed over the phone. In fact, they will lead you to believe that you are receiving health insurance benefits when in reality what you are receiving is a discount program which has little to no benefit for those that are currently living with pre-existing illness.

Beware of the coverage for pharmaceuticals as well, because you will be steered wrong. As in my case, the prescriptions that I take I was told would be covered under the health plan that I signed up for, but was later informed that they would not. Here is the kicker...I was then informed of a separate pharmaceutical plan of coverage that would cover my medications, for a separate fee of course, that was also accompanied by a start up fee of a $150 dollars plus a monthly fee of $50.

I later found out through my doctor that I could receive these meds directly through the manufacturer for nearly no cost to me with just a little paperwork. They informed me that they see this quite often and that these companies pray upon the uninsured by miss-leading them through fancy adds and quick talking sales people.

Once I confronted the provider about the issues at hand, they informed me that the start up fees were a one time cost and were non refundable even if I canceled the coverage before it took effect. 'There was nothing I could do about the start up fee's', so they tell me.

I have since filed a dispute through my financial institution and are searching for other options that would assist me in my dispute. At this point all I can say is beware of these health coverage predators.

Mu

Comments

• Pa
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I've been with them for two years with no problem. The prescription plan you spoke of has a $100. enrollment & is $49.95 a month. Don't know what drugs you're taking but all my prescriptions were covered just as it nwas nexplained. Guess you can't please everyone.

• Th
      26th of Feb, 2009

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TRAIN YOU FELL OFF OF BUT I'D LIKE TO KNOW THE PHONE NUMBER YOU ARE USING TO GET THROUGH TO UNITED BENEFITS OF AMERICA, I'VE BEEN ON THE INTERNET LOOKING AND EVERYWHERE ELSE AND I CANNOT GET THROUGH AND NEITHER CAN ANY ONE ELSE. MY GUESS IS YOU PROBABLY WORK FOR THEM AND IF YOU ARE SINCERE THE PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW WHAT THE CONTACT NUMBER IS ???

• De
      15th of Apr, 2009

1-800-608-4471 ext 204 or 205 they are both ready to help anyone. guys they are a new company they mean well, they will assist you in your quest some people fall through the cracks, as one posted something bad on here it has since snowballed. but type in any company here or rip off and read about them.