Ultimate Warranty / Non payment and reduction

1 IL, United States Review updated:

I had warranty done on my truck in March. Ultimate warranty said that because the hourly shop rate went up since the last visit they would not cover the increased rate. They also would not cover the diagnostic cost even though it was related to the issue they were to cover. The total bill was $780, they would only cover $590. Then because the company was going through some "restructuring" I would have to pay upfront costs and they would reimburse me. That was four months ago and when I call them I can not get any answers out of them. No letter, nothing but an "I don't Know" Not to comforting, I think I got robbed. Probably because some upper tier of management was paying themselves way to much money for doing next to nothing. The best thing I heard came from this site when someone posted that in 2-4 months Ultimate Warranty customers might see reimbursement checks.

Ch

Comments

• La
      17th of Dec, 2008

I purchased my warrenty in 2005 with my 05 Honda Civic. Thinking this was something I needed. Boy was I wrong. Well, in Oct of 2008 I traded my Honda in for the new 2009 Dodge Challanger Rt and didn't need the warrenty anymore. I called to cancel it on Oct 23, 2008 and had to fax in odometer reading it was like 40, 000. and my new purchase agreement. So I was going to get a substancial refund back. Hopefully before Christmas. I did everything I was suppose to. Well Today 12/17/08 I called 18006491856 (Dealers Services) to see the status of my refund and I then found out I may not get one because of this Receivership crap. I had no idea about any of this. Somebody could have told me when I called to cancel this policy in Oct. I have been waiting 2 months for my refund and I then find this out. So Im still not understanding completely, will I not get my money back? Do I have to take this to court? I spent 2500 on my policy that I never used. Im extremely upset about all of this. So much for trying to protect your car right. I don't know what to do now. I have been reading all the information on the uwc21.com web and it sounds like it will be a long time before I get my money back, What can I do? Please help!