U. S. Post Office / Erratic delivery of mail

208 S. 43rd StreetPhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215-222-1893
As of last Friday (Aug. 8), the postal delivery persons have just left the mail for this house lying on an open front porch, where it was visible from the street to any passerby who might wish to pick it up and where it got rained on a couple of days. I do not understand why the delivery people do not use the locked box which post persons have been using for as long as I have lived here (about fifty years).

Yesterday (Wednesday the 13th), no mail was delivered at all in this block.

More U. S. Post Office Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ja
  22nd of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Listen, I am trying to reach the postmaster to file a complaint about one of his supervisors at the Bardin Road post office who went out of her way to be rude to me and hung up on me . I had called to ask the post office to telol the postman at my address to watch where he puts my mail because he had put my mail in other peoples mail box . We should have recieved a couple of bills and they did not arrive and the companies are trying to charge uys late fees . When I call the the Bardin Rd. Post Office the Lady on the phone did nothing but defend the the postman, she called Ramos. She put wordsw in my mouth and jumped down my throat a mile a minute and did not hear me say I am calling to ask you to tell him to be a lot more careful with my mail . She was trying to hang up on me and I tld her wait a minuyte and she said don't yell at me, and I told her I was not yelling She put words in my mouth I did not saty . I told her right before she hung up on me the problem is your black and that is the truth, it is a Black female that condescend to me a white man who they all hate . That is the big problem with the U.S.Post Office . I had no intention of making it a racial problem however that is what it is . If I had been speZking with a white man or woman this would have gone entirely differet . We do have a major white/Black problem in this country and the government is upsidedown with a disproportionate amount of Black employees that get away with insulting the white community on a dqailty basis .
Jo
  30th of Sep, 2008
I hate to say this happened to us in california. The postal workers aren't very helpful in the offices and some are lazy and won't deliver mail, not stop to get mail if there is no delivery of mail. And then they get mad at you for complaining. I too know that we are discriminated against.
Re
  4th of Feb, 2010
Just two days ago the postal carrier for my area left an expensive package at my door @ 2:00 in the afternoon. I live in a high rise building with over 100 units. Wouldn't you know it, someone stole it. Although it was insured. I would think that the carriers would have common sense to just put the pick up notice in the mailbox. From what I was told they can leave it at the door. Would the postal carriers like expensive packages left at their door? This is a policy that should be changed. I wonder if they realize why they are losing so much business.
I've also had problems with them leaving a notices in the mailbox for packages that needed to be picked up. The Oxon Hill Maryland post office personell definately need to be mindful of theft when they place packages in hallways, door, porches or other unsafe places. Again policy or not would they want their packages placed there.
  2nd of Mar, 2011
I recently got a PO Box in my local city Post Office. At the time the post master suggested I submit a change of address form. After submitting a change of address form I have only received one package to that Post office box. All of the other packages for orders of all types have been returned to the sender. I was told that if I submit another change of address form to send mail to my home address they will cancel the PO Box. I thought we could have mail deliveried to both addresses. Are others having similar problems? I asked the post office to explain the problem and they told me to change the zip on delivery mail to the zip of a post in another area. I did that and still my mail excludes package delivery.
Ja
  9th of Apr, 2013
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I, just a fews minutes ago was called an ### by the supposedly black supervisor of the Bardin Road post office in Arlington, Texas...for no reason than I had to do 90 % of his thinking for him, when I called to see if they would re-deliver a registered mail that was delived this past saturday and we were gone at the time. The Black's have taken over the postal system and ruined it just as they have takedn over the presidency of the country and ruined it. Now no one will do anything about this because all the people at the top are these black's which cover for each other just like Obama and Holder cover for one another...this country is dying a horrible death because of the Black population ...I hate it...!!!
Du
  6th of Sep, 2014
Female carrier would not give me mail and walked away with lmportant mail. I have a witness and I will tell my lawyer and I will not rest until justice is done
Mi
  28th of Dec, 2016
I Live on tyler street in norristown, pa.I cant understand why they don't deliver my mail until six, six thirty at night, but when regular mail lady is off we get it at a decent time.She sure does make alot of over time.