TVaddicts / Scam and cheating!

I thank everyone who lodged a complaint here, so I didn't make the same mistake, though I do feel bad for you. I'm a big Reboot fan, and when my dad sent me a link to TVAddicts that had all four seasons on DVD, I was elated. But he warned me to look into the company first, and I'm glad I did. I was not impressed by the unprofessional description they had: numerous grammatical and spelling errors, and the DVDs themselves were region-free, which is not a good sign. So I looked into the product: couldn't find anyone else selling it, which indicates it's not legit. Then I looked into the company itself, and I found numerous complaints against it. I would encourage those who are unsatisfied to lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at http://www.bbb.org. As of right now, there's only one complaint against TVAddicts.tv. If enough people complain, the company may be forced to shut down.

A  26th of Aug, 2007 by
I also was doing research to make sure that the TVaddicts was legitimate. They advertised having the full six seasons of "Srubs". However, after I looked around the internet more, I found out that the sixth season will not even be released for another 2 months. There is no way the DVD set could be legitimate copies.
A  28th of Aug, 2007 by
This is the biggest scam I have come across in a long time. Is it because they are based in Canada that we cannot do anything about it. If anyone knows a way we can get revenge at this point I am all for it.
N  23rd of Dec, 2007 by
I ordered the Sisters series dvd through tvaddicts in July 2007, they were very quick to ask for payment and accept it. I then emailed for a confirmation on my order and never heard anything concerning that, they then emailed me and told me it was a very popular series and it was on back order and would be shipped as soon as possible. I keep emailing them since then asking what was happening,eventually they gave me a bogus tracking code for Canadapost which i followed up on and lo and behold Canadapost had no record of it.

I did get hold of them a couple of times via Livechat on their website,with them promising that the dvd is on the way,but all the emails were worded the same time and time again.

Two people have contacted me via emailing concerning this company,telling me that they had the same experience and with advice and this is how i found this site. I have filed a compliant with Canadapost, i stated that i wanted them to know that this company was false using their name, as of yet i haven't received any news back. I also contacted the credit card provider,told them the situation and they said that the time lapse was too long and they couldn't help me.

I have all copies of correspondence with tvaddicts.
A  31st of Jan, 2008 by
Well they may have gotten me when I ordered Hawaii five o and adam-12. I received one set but not the other. I called send e-mails and live chated with out any good. Then I got them I went to my bank and filed a fraud claim. I get my money back and they lose the one set they sent out. More people should file a fraud claim and get there money back and this would put them out of bussiness.
A  22nd of Apr, 2008 by
I too ordered from this company back on 12/4/07 - only the name they were using was DVDMonkey.com. I ordered the television series - 'Party of Five'. My credit card was billed for over $125. After about a month and no merchandise, I started emailing the company. I was given a bogus tracking code for Canada Post. It is now April 2008 - I do not have a refund nor do I have any merchandise.

I finally looked that company up on the Better Business Bureau website and found that I was only one of several hundred people ripped off by this company. They are being investigated by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I wish that I had seen this website before I ordered from them. I will also double check with the BBB before making any purchases from an unknown company.
A  16th of Jul, 2008 by
DONT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!! their contact details are void - i placed an order and they havent sent my goods and i dont think i will be getting them anymore. If anyone knows what i can do to lodge a complaint please help me - im very concerned about my details being released!