Travelocity / booked the wrong date

1 3150 Sabre DrSouthlake TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888.872.8356

I had called in a while back to book a flght to New York, for April 23rd, 2009, and confirmed with the agent I had spoken to. Excited for my trip, I was busy working at the hospital to make spending cash for New York. I had not checked my email, thinking I had 2 months to my trip, and nothing to worry about. It was not till last week, that Travelocity called me and asked me why I had not showed to my flight and checked into my hotel on March 23rd. Confused and anrgy, the company told me that this was my mistake because I had not checked my email for confirmation. I was completely furious, and felt I had been scamed out of my trip. The supervisor I had spoken to told me there was nothing I could possibly do, and I could not get refunded my money, or get any sort of compensation. I have faxed a complaint as well ordered them to listen back to the recording of the conversation of the booking. Not only have I lost 1200 on my trip, but I have been shut out completely by this company. They say they care about their customers, but won't even hear me out on their own mistake. Not only will I not stop trying to get my money back, but I will make sure no one else falls prey to their scams. Overall, travelocity is a complete money stealing company that cares about no one else but themselves!

Renia Nissan

Re

Comments

• Ct
      20th of Apr, 2010

Similar situation happened to me. I was booking a flight in April (23 - 26th). When I reviewed the flight information to confirm the times with my family I saw that my return date was May 24th - a month later than it should have been. When I called and rebooked the flight I found out that everything - flight times, flight information, everything - was exactly the same. It cost me $180 to change the flight. This amount, beyond being ridiculous, is more than the emails stated (they said $150 on the emails and website) and each person kept saying "up to $180 for this change". When I asked if it was ever less than $180 (as their verbatim implies), I was told it is really at least $180.
    I'll NEVER use them again.