Toyota / bad quality of toyota's product

19001 South Western Ave.Torrance CA 90501, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-331-4331

Many people think that Toyota is a good car model. But, I had a bad experience. As a owner of new 2006 Toyota Highlander (hyb_LTD), I had 5 times of incidences of the front windshield dents or crakes caused by flying stones within 3 months. I had contacted Toyota customer service and did not get an appropriate response. Subsequently, I experienced 3 more similar incidences within the past 8 months, which all caused more severe damages on the front windshield. Some cracks extended automatically to more than 8 to 12 inches after single attack by a small flying stone. I, then, again contacted Toyota Customer Experience Center, requesting investigation and resolution. After repeatedly inquiring, the staff member created a case number and agreed to have an inspection. However, the field inspector never came, instead, without an inspection; he simply told me by phone that all damages on windshield were not product-quality related, so he would not come. I kept trying to contact Toyota Customer Experience Center, but there was no chance that I could directly speak with the assigned case manager over the phone for the past more than 4 months.
For my safety, I changed the front windshield without any Toyota’s help. Although I continue driving the same way as usual, and had several flying stone incidences, I have never had any dent or crake, suggesting the quality of these two pieces of windshield seems different. I am very dissatisfactory about the way that Toyota treats customers and the quality of its original windshield.

Comments

To
  9th of Aug, 2013
Toyota customer service is trash i totally feel you. They dont care about you as the consumer at all, nor will they help you or take responsibility for there cars. Im sorry you had to go through this im going through a lemon law case with Toyota as well. They allowed there dealership to be little me call me a liar in the middle of the show room and even ask me to leave because they wouldnt process my request. and they didnt even apoligze on the dealerships behalf. good luck to you.

Toyota Motor Corporation Logo Toyota Motor Corporation