Toonstorm / Fraud and cheating!

Toonstorm is a complete scam, 4 days after I purchased an account they initiated a password retrieval process which got the account banned. I'm on an imac, with 2 anti-virus programs and my other account wasn't hacked so I know I wasn't the victim of a coincidental keylogger. I'm disputing the charge with my CC company, and ever since the account was banned, toonstorm's live chat is conveniently busy for the next 60-90 mins, although I've had a window open for 10 hours with no response.

Be warned, any positive review you read about Toonstorm is from one of their own staff on damage control.

Comments

• To
      5th of Feb, 2008

Reply from the ToonStorm Team

Dear W. Rodgers,

We always take care of ALL of our customers and have our live chat open from 7 am to midnight PST daily. Almost all waitings are between 0 and 30 minutes, and rarely ever goes up to the 60 to 90 minute range. It is IMPOSSIBLE for you to be waiting up to 10 hours (with the EXCEPTION of February 3rd-4th 2008 where we clearly stated issues with the Live Chat software Liveperson - which have been resolved as of February 5th).

In the case of rare issues, we are ALWAYS HONORING OUR 100% SECURITY GUARANTEE and EVERY customer is always taken care of with the choice of refunds or compensation with bonus. We have the best customer service out in the accounts industry and are proud to maintain our reputation as such. Please come to our live chat and we will take care of you. Thank you,

Matt
    ToonStorm CS Manager

• Wr
      5th of Feb, 2008

Well it appears I have secured a full refund from toonstorm, but it wasn't easy. When i finally did get through on live chat I was told to resubmit an email I already sent and they would get in touch with me in 12 hours. Not willing to jump through hoops again, I insisted on a refund, only to be told there was nobody there to authorize it.

Then I requested to speak to a supervisor there, and for the third time, copy and pasted my transaction ID and Blizzard's email about the new account being banned. The second person i spoke too was unable to help me as well, but assuring me in due time I would receive either a refund or credit.

I explained that the only offer I was interested in was a total refund in American dollars, and then finally I was transferred to Matthew, who apparently had the authority to issue me a refund, despite being told just 10 mins earlier that only Jason could issue refunds, and he wouldn't be back for 12 hours.

So Matthew did issue me a refund, well it's on my pay-pal account, but my CC company hasn't received it yet, so they have advised me to proceed with the dispute process until that charge has been received by them. Hopefully all goes well...

But the moral to this long winded story is, when dealing with online purchases that go awry, immediately dispute them with pay-pal through your CC company, instead of seeking a resolution with the merchant. If a merchant gets too many complaints or disputes through pay-pal, pay-pal will stop representing the company and their ability to do business online will be severely hampered.

This is the only leverage a consumer has, if I didn't keep reminding them that I am disputing the charge, and pay-pal will side with me in light of the numerous complaints already existing against toonstorm, I would have gotten the run around that a lot of people here have complained about.

Anyways, Toonstorm has appeared to do the honorable thing in the end, I'll post here again when my CC actually processes my refund.

6th of Feb, 2008

There's like no way; I've bought 3 accounts from toonstorm; one for me; my sister who lives with me and her kid. We had one problem with one account, i feel silly because it ended up just needing more gametime so it wasn't even their fault (hehe), but i went to the live help and found out what the problem was within like 15 minutes.

Great company, if i had more family i'd get them hooked on wow and get them an account from toonstorm.com too!

• Wr
      6th of Feb, 2008

Well looks like my refund did go through in a timely fashion after all. Hats off to you guys at Toonstorm, it took a little persuasion but I'm glad to see you guys live up to your guarantee.

Buying accounts is risky business, but there's considerably less risk with Toonstorm, GG guys!

14th of Feb, 2008

We had a terrible experience with this company. My wife and I typically play Alliance and each have 2 lvl 70 raiders, we ran a progressive raiding guild, so basically we aren't newbs who would get banned under suspicion. We wanted to play Horde with some real life friends so we bought accounts from Toon Storm.

My wife got a piddly $300 account that was lvl 63, the ugliest thing you've ever seen with gear from her 40's. I purchased a $1400 account and my access relinquished within 24hours of purchase. I have emailed Jason, as he requested on my paypal dispute claim and got no response. The live chat was conveniently busy and I sat in que for over 90 minutes on several occasions. Since noting that in my PayPal claim they have changed their chat message and it now reads: "Your wait may be 30-60 minutes". They offered a credit of $1700 for a replacement product (via the paypal dispute site), but guess what ~ they don't have an equivalent character for that priced and after my dealings with them I want a refund.

They offer no phone number or mailing address, they don't answer emails and live chat is your only source of communication. IF you are able to get a representative in live chat they are not authorized to solve such issues. Contact and response with/from this company is a disaster.

I got into live chat this morning to ask about there legal user agreement, but had to use a different email address to get service. This company has no legal user agreement or any certifiable information on there website other than a registered trademark name. When I ask about it, the representative took over 15 minutes only to tell me they don't have any legal information!!! I filed with Paypal, my credit card company and Monday I am going to the legal office on base. Thank goodness I am military and can get free legal services.

It's false advertising asthey CAN NOT offer 100% secure guarantee. They may have 24hour live chat, but good luck getting service if you are trying to resolve an issue like this. They have no legal information about the company available and when ask for it the rep affirmed they don't have a user agreement, but she did verify that they are an American company. Meaning they have to adhear to US laws and should have a business license that can be revoked.

They offer a replacement product that they can not provide. When requesting a refund via email I received no response. Unless you are buying a cheap character that is not worth stealing back, DON"T TRUST THIS COMPANY. For anyone out there who has had similar dealings with this company I suggest you file a fraudulent complaint with PayPal and your Credit Card Company. Unless you have free legal service or can afford to hire an attorney this is the only way to address such fraudulent activity. If enough people complain maybe they will start resolving issues instead of avoiding them.

Petty Officer Lucas - US NAVY.

14th of Feb, 2008

We had a similar experience unfortunately. My wife and I typically play Alliance and each have 2 lvl 70 raiders, we ran a progressive raiding guild, so basically we aren't newbs who would get banned under suspision. We wanted to play Horde with some real life friends so we bought accounts from Toon Storm. My wife got a piddly $300 account that was lvl 63, the ugliest thing you've ever seen with gear from her 40's. I purchased a $1400 account and my access relenquished within 24hours of purchase. I have emailed Jason, as he requested on my paypal dispute claim and got no response. Like you, the live chat was conveniently busy and I sat in que for over 90 minutes on several occasions. They offered a credit of $1700 for a replacement product (via the paypal dispute site), but guess what ~ they dont have an equvelent character for that priced and after my dealings with them I want a refund.

I got into live chat this morning, but had to use a different email address to get service. This company has no legal user agreement or any certifiable information on there website. When I ask about it, the representative took over 15 monutes only to tell me they don't have any legal information!!! I filed with Paypal, my credit card company and Monday I am going to the legal office on base. Thank goodness I am military and can get free legal services.

It's false advertising, they can not offer 100% secure guarantee.

They have no legal information about the company availible and when ask for it the rep affirmed they dont have a user agreement

They offer a replacement product that they can not provide

When requesting a refund via email I recieved no response

Unless you are buying a cheap character that is not worth stealing back, DON"T TRUST THIS COMPANY. For anyone out there who has had similar dealings with this company I suggest you file a fraudulent complaint with PayPal and your Credit Card Company. Unless you have free legal service or can afford to hire an attorney this is the only way to address such fraudelent activity.

• Po
      17th of Feb, 2008

You're a Petty Officer in the Navy purchasing 1400 accounts for a game that isn't that hard to level and grind anyways ? Seeing as you gladly put that you're in the military and are willing to break copyright policy wonder what in the military you have also cheated on.

12th of Mar, 2008

In response to the negative comment above: In the military I regularly deploy and am gone at least 6 months out of the year serving our country. You are correct that is not difficult to level a character. However with so much of my time consumed with deployments and also having family obligations it is not feasible for me to dedicate that amount of time to leveling a character. As far as "cheating" there is nothing to cheat in my line of work. it is cut and dry; everything we do is following a standardized procedure. This is not burger king and I put extra cheese on a friends burger or handed out free soda to my family.

On a much brighter note: Since posting my original comments about toonstorm, they have changed many things. Now when you log into live chat, if there is an extended wait time it is announced immediately and customers know how long the average wait time will be. They have also updated the purchase and transfer transactions to that they are more secure than before. In addition to these improvements they have updated the 100% security information so that it now clearly written and accurate. Although many representatives had a difficult time assisting me, they were able to promptly transfer me to a supervisor that could handle my concerns. Despite my previous frustration with this company I am please to see they have taken action to improve customer service and consumer information.

• Br
      11th of Apr, 2008

Toonstorm rocks, I just sold my account to them and the only semi drawback was it did take a few hours but was totally worth it, great site that I'd recommend. I'm not some toonstorm employee just a satisfied person.

16th of Apr, 2008

Warcraftloot has still failed to deliver my account, the account purchase was just under 400, they perceived to tell me it could take 48 hrs to get the character, then 48 hrs goes by and nothing. So I try to get back on their live chat, it doesn't let me through.

I emailed their customer service email bounces about 8 times on different occassions. I have yet to receive account and have disputed purchase with the credit card company and have screenshot all my conversations within the live chat.

Anyways, the 400 or less dollars doesn't mean much, but I would hate for this to happen to some kid who saved up to purchase a character and have similar incident. It seems they are intelinked with gamepal in some manner.

My first purchase with Toonstorm went well, I was debating on another purchase with them but today the livechat is down. So nervous since the recent Warcraftloot incident.

Chris

15th of Jun, 2008

I purchased a toon from Toonstorm.com this morning. After an hour and a half of trying to activate the account per the instructions I received in live chat with 'John', and after requesting step-by-step instructions (and not receiving them), and after asking to speak with someone else, 'John' told me to come back later with an adult to help me and got quite fussy. When I told him that I was uncomfortable leaving without the toon I had paid for, he became quite rude. I asked to talk to a supervisor, he told me that my money had been refunded and he logged.

SO, I logged back into live chat to speak with 'Dylan'. He said that there was nothing that he could do, that my money had been refunded. I asked to speak with a supervisor, was transferred to 'Alex', and live chat ceased to function.

So, I went to my email and saw that the money had really been refunded. I then went to toonstorm.com and purchased the same toon again (This is a Father's Day present.). I am still unable to access live chat (the box comes up empty), I have sent two emails requesting assistance to activate the toon, and over 3 hours trying to give my husband a nice Father's Day present.

What is wrong with these people? This should be a simple thing to do. I will be very surprised if I really end up with the toon that I purchased. And the customer service stinks.

Thank you for listening. :)

2nd of Jul, 2008

hi my acc. got stolden yesterday i was hopeing you could help the paypal id#is 76x25918vw002912c the the original acc was Zyborg pet63#HUM i changed it to Zyborg paul616161i got the acc from you on april 9 2008 thank you

• Du
      24th of Jul, 2008

Toonstorm is a good company, considering that their service is technically against the rules blizzard laid down in the first place. I bought an account from them and was playing it within an hour after the purchase. i've had no issues since then and it's been well over a few months since my purchase. Maybe the directions they gave weren't followed to the "T"... If i didn't already have two accounts I would probably purchase another account from them so i could raid on Alliance side.

• Ro
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Well, so far so good. I sold my account and bought an account the other day and although the process was a little time consuming, it went well. The people seemed proffesional and they spell out the steps for you while your on live chat with one of thier reps. I have had no problem with my new account, knock on wood, thus far and recommend this site.

16th of Sep, 2008

Yes, this company is fraud. DO NOT BUY! I was also banned. They are from china and cannot even speak proper english.

16th of Sep, 2008

TOONSTORM IS FRAUD! THEY BANNED MY ACCOUNT AND WONT GIVE ME A REFUND!###

17th of Sep, 2008

I bought an account from toonstorm.com, the account was only suppose to be $400 they took over $1000 dollars and i didnt even get the account. So now im stuck, can i get my money back or what now...

17th of Sep, 2008

accountol.com is selling stolen trojan virus accounts, hacked accounts. There is a big [redacted] I wrote about them, please read as I warned before you buy...

17th of Sep, 2008

Toonstorm.com is selling stolen trojan virus accounts, hacked accounts. There is a big [redacted] I wrote about them, please read as I warned before you buy...

17th of Sep, 2008

As if seeing this couldn't be a better time. I was actully going to buy an account. I deleated my old account and made new, and being slow at leveling i just decided why not buy one.
    Why the ### do they do this? as long as they get their money. I have seen sites like toonstorm.com...