TomTom GPS / Windscreen mounts are faulty/dangerous & Terrible Customer Service
TomTom have shipped out their out of date, over 1 year old GPS-in car units such as the One XL to off load them before introducing the next model straight after it, (with an improved windscreen suction cap locking clamp!)with the convenience of the purchaser not being able to find out till it's too late that the windscreen suction mounts on their models continuously fall off the windscreen(because TomTOM wanted to save 10 cents a unit by not putting a suction mount locking lever on the mount) and when any of the MANY people complain of such events as it falling and smashing the screen, will not help or admit it is a design fault, which it clearly is(Google it!). People get left with a $500 GPS unit sitting on the floor of their car, or worse under the floor break and normally causing an accident.
Customer Service is a disgrace with them.They do not repair their own units and void your warranty if you get it fixed somewhere else!Yes there is an alternate mount, but why should People have to search for it/pay for it and also it is almost as useless!The Map Guarantee is a con too, they are also very careful not to let you know when the next map is coming out or how old your one is so that you have to spend another $260 on a way expensive map upgrade.
Take your business elsewhere as I am.
NEVER buy a TomTom GPS UNIT!!
More TomTom GPS Complaints & Reviews
- Tom Tom - Repairs for GPS 
- TomTom - Wrong address's 
- TomTom GPS - TomTom refuses to honor latest map guarantee. 
- TomTom - Forbid to sell second hand 
- TomTom - Consumer beware
- TomTom International - will not refund my return items after telling me to return the items
- TomTom - customer service
- TomTom.com - Duplicate orders, TomTom.com needs a link to allow customers to cancel orders beforeign processing
- TomTom - TomTom no replacement on faulty products
- TomTom International - Not honoring warranty