Titan Tax Relief / Dishonest, crooked, they will get you into MORE &trouble&

Titan Tax Relief led me to believe that for 5+ months they had been in contact with the IRS helping me to get my interested and penalties lowered. I paid them upwards of $3000. I had a hard time getting them to return my phones calls or emails, and the few times I was able to get in touch with someone, they assured me they were taking care of everything.
Wasn't I surprised when I had a knock at my door and found a man whom had a certified letter from the IRS stating they are going to take action, drain my accounts, come after my home, etc...everyone's worst nightmare. TITAN TAX RELIEF DID NOTHING BUT ROB ME OF $3000 AND GET ME INTO MORE TROUBLE AND DEBT THAN I WAS ALREADY IN. PLEASE DO NOT FALL VICTIM AS I DID.

Comments

• Rm
      25th of Mar, 2010

Exact same thing I am going through currently.

• Ry
      11th of Aug, 2010

Most the people you talk to when you first call these companies are not authorized to handle any tax cases. He is neither an attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent which is required for one to represent someone before the IRS.

Most of these companies are sales based, and not service based companies. When things go wrong - they rely on the service agreement.

When you call Titan Tax Relief, Prefferred Tax Releif, Nationwide Tax Relief, American Tax Relief, Tax Masters, and most the others, your call is directly connected to a salesperson, not someone who is authorized to handle your case, and technically that person is not legally allowed to give you tax advice either.

However, there are a few tax resolution companies which are run correctly.

One is Tax Resolution Professionals, www.taxresolutionprofessionals.com They are owned and operated by attorneys with no salespeople. They are based in Los Angeles as well. When you call them you speak with attorneys the entire time on your case. I have had two friends use them and they were extremely happy with the result. They have an extremely good reputation in the industry.

The key is, when you call a tax resolution company, ASK who you are talking to! Most likely it is NOT an Attorney, EA, or CPA, but just another unqualified salesperson!