Tires-easy.com / Bait & Switch

1 Portland, OR, United States

I placed an order for 4 tires on 01/04/09. I pre-authorized my ship-to address with my credit card company to alleviate any problems in that regard.
A week later, a rep from the company called to tell me the tires I ordered (which the website said was at a stock of >40) were out of stock, and did not know when they would be back in. I asked when they would update their site to reflect this, he said their site was up to date.

01/13/09 I looked at the site, said stock was >40 again. I called, happened to speak to the same rep that I canceled my previous order with. I asked if the tires I wanted were in stock, he looked them up and said yes.

I got my quote. It was $80 more than my first order. The price went up roughly $5 per tire & the shipping cost doubled. I asked if I could uncancel my previous order, as they do in fact have the tires in, they said no, that order was canceled.

The rep did not speak/comprehend english that well, which made it frustrating to deal with them. This unethical business practice of selling you an item for one price, realizing you charged too little, saying the product is out of stock, but then list the items for a huge mark up the NEXT DAY is just insane.

Cr