Timeshare / Bankruptcy Scare

1 PO Box 15708, Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 100-953-8506

I am a timeshare owner with Monarch Grand Vacations. Recently I was informed
that this company had filed bankruptcy, yet continue to receive notices of past
due fees. What are my options? Am I still able to use this timeshare? Should
I sell?

Comments

• Fr
      20th of Mar, 2012

Vacation Ownership Group -

Depending on your current standings with them
    Will determine whether or not you can or can't use it. Although regardless of the companies legal status your financial obligations remain the same and you are responsible for the dues and mortgage payment if there is one.

Selling, is not an option that has much success. Last year the percent of sold time share listed for sale was .01% and the sold time shares listed with a mortgage balance was .001% the statistics are startling.

If you would like more helpful information and a possible exit strategy if you qualify contact us vacationownershipgroup.com or 800-381-9469.

Frank A LaPalomento
    Sr. Consultant
    800-381-9469 ext 142

• Pa
      8th of Sep, 2012

I was one of the consumer that was caught in the sales pitch. I want out, when i purchased the additional points, they have never disclosed the addition $$$$ for the maintenance fee. Isn't that illegal???? Shouldn't they disclose all additional costs???

• Ow
      30th of Apr, 2013

I haven't found the solution yet, but I'm working on a documentary about this very thing. I have a Monarch Grand Vacations contract and when they switched to Diamond because of the bankruptcy I had all sorts of problems. I tried getting out of the contract, but they continually evaded or disregarded.

My documentary is trying to get to the bottom of these two businesses and figure out exactly what is going on. Hopefully I will be able to find a way for all of the owners with unwanted contracts to get out of them.

If you would like to help or be involved, I would love to talk to you. My email is [protected]@gmail.com - Thanks!