Thrive Learning Institute / scammed out of my money

1 Draper, UT, United States Review updated:

On november 1, 2008 I was contacted by internet auction solutions to start a business online. They kept me on the phone for about two and a half hours and every time I tried to get out of it; the man kept insisting that I could do this. That was a lie. He got 6, 236.00 from me and I was not able to get my business going. The coaches from thrive learning instatitute would keep giving me the run around. Giving me more and more nonsence. I know now that they would do this to wear me down so I would break down and give in and give up. This is an online scam and all they do is give false hope and take your money. Be aware of there tactics.
They are experts at taking your money and if you try to get your money from them, they tell you you signed a contract. There is no way out of it. I just wish the government would get involved and shut them down. Seems like someone could do something? They have hurt to many individuals

Comments

• Aa
      5th of Feb, 2009

The comments made by the guest have been a real help to me. I know now that I was not alone with my money scammed out from me from thrive learning institute. There are many others out there that need to come out and speak up against them. it is a rip off.

• Yo
      6th of Feb, 2009

Dear a.a. patin

I wish I had done my homework or that I had found this site sooner. In June 2008 I was contacted by Internet Auction Solutions after I downloaded a free e-Bay kit from eBay's website. The man's name was Arthur Morton of Utah. He was a fast talker. I also spoke with his secretary or assistants Inez and Christine. I was told that I would receive a 1 year DOBA membership and that I should recover my initial investment in profits in 12 weeks just working 10 hrs. a week. Thank God Chase would not allow me to increse my credit limit. Half of the money came from my savings account and the other from my Chase credit card. DOBA is a drop ship company with nothing that I wanted to sell. I did all of the real work myself and the coach with TafitiConsulting.com didn't tell me too much that I didn't know or could research for free. I worked my but off. This was in addition to my 40 hr. a week job. When the 4 coaching sessions were almost over the young man named Bryce informed me that drop shipping is not the best way to go with e-Bay websites and that I should find something around the house to sell. I set my first auction up properly, but it was a flop because the high bidder was not ligitimate and Pay Pal refused to pay. For weeks I tried getting things cleared up w/ Pay Pal. I shut down operations and I was devestated. I'm just getting to the point where I can deal with this. I can't find an address on these guys or I would write them and ask for my $2, 930.36 back. Did you try and get your money back? I was told by Arthur that this is considered Business Education and is 100% tax deductible. I don't know if that is a lie. Does anyone know? Is it too late to ask for my money back even though I believe I was scammed?
    Y. Sims in Mobile, AL.

• Be
      11th of May, 2009

There is a way out of it. Your contract is probably illegal.

Check out the Utah State site - Division of Consumer Protection. There you will find a PDF of licensed telemarketers in the state.

Your Internet Auctions Solutions isn't listed. Meaning that they probably didn't have permission to sell from Utah. File a complaint with that Division and you should be able to get some help. They are currently overloaded with Thrive Complaints - be persistent.

And you should also file a fraud alert with your credit card company. This will help. Don't forget the FTC and FBI.

• Li
      15th of Jul, 2009

Thrive Learning Institute and Infusion Media have hurt many people with their scamming techniques...literally emptying pockets of many unsuspecting innocent souls like myself.

They sell you a story that sounds so good you couldn't lose a thing by trying to build a work at home internet marketing e-commerce business with their training and coaching program.

I have signed the petition and I encourage anyone else to do so if you have not yet done it. I notice new names added all the time.

If you have a complaint with either of the businesses named about file your complaint immediately with Utah Attorney General's office as they are handling many complaints about these companies now.