Thrifty Car Sales / Bad people

1 Clearwater, FL, United States Review updated:

Thrifty car sales off us 19 in clearwater, florida is the worst dealership in the area. Thrifty sells vehicles under limited warranty that is not honored by the snakes operating the business. For example, my vehicle started experiencing electrical difficulties two weeks after purchase. Thrifty told me that i had to wait about 3 weeks to bring it in due to their shop being booked full. When i brought the vehicle in, thrifty managers were rude, told me they will look at it when they can, and give me a call with the results. I called four times to, i believe i spoke to dan and some guy named bo, and finally after 3 days, thrifty told me that i had done something to the electrical sensor and they could fix it for a little over $600 dollars.
I asked about the warranty. Bo or dan told me that the vehicles warranty had expired and they will call the police if i keep insisting they fix it.
People... Please avoid this place and i hope the police come for the snake managers at thrifty. You crooks steal money from desperate people and then laugh at us for wanting what is right. I really hope everyone avoids your dealership and you go out of business. You are people that have no morals and take money from customers who you are dishonest to. You are really bad people.

An

Comments

• Ro
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I agree.
    The car lot offers only lies and more lies. The trouble is...people continue to purchase even after reading the bad reviews.
    Do Not Buy From Thrifty !!!

Thrifty will sell their mother a lemon to make a dollar.

2nd of Jun, 2009

I have purchased 3 cars from Thrifty over the past 5 years and every car I bought was fixed if covered by warranty, and I have never had a problem with the dealership what-so-ever. I also know of several other people that have purchased many vehicles from them as well and have always been satisfied enough to refer more people. This is one dealership I will always go to for a car, and this is one dealership I will always refer everyone I know to. Thrifty is a great dealership and they are the only dealership in town I am sure that would approve any of you that are complaining about every little thing you possibly can. Dan and Bo are not your average car salesman, they will not pressure you, they will not trick you into anything like all the other car salesman on the planet. More than likely the people posting above were turned down because they have never paid anyone in their life and have a credit score worse than a millionaire gone broke in a year. If you were so concerned about your car getting fixed you should have bought the extended warranty so you could have taken your car anywhere to get it fixed. Censors go bad on cars, electrical issues happen with anything and everything that has power running to it, although you did forget to mention what year car you purchased and how many miles it had on it. The fact of the matter is if you are that desperate for money, more than likely you purchased a car with A LOT of miles on it and several years old because again your credit is probably beyond scary. And the other idiot that repeated himself over and over is one of those people that clearly has a lot of issues in life besides horrible credit cause his teachers taught him how to write on the chalkboard over and over "I will not" "I will not", maybe they should have taught you "I will pay my bills" "I will pay my bills" "I will pay my bills" and you would have been approved for a car loan. All you people that can not take responsibility for yourself and your own actions really need to focus more of your energy on fixing your own life and obviously credit issues before you start trying to make trouble for others when it is clearly not true. Look up the dealership on the state DMV reports and you will see for yourself that they are in the top 5 selling privately owned dealerships in the state. ###S. Thrifty Car Sales is the only dealership I will ever trust enough to purchase a car from. Pay your bills and then go back and apply for a loan, once you can get approved you will change your tune. THRIFTY CAR SALES IS THE BEST DEALERSHIP IN TOWN.

• Ti
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I think it's funny that the managers at Thrifty write comments to pretend some person actually thinks they are good. Please try to keep the story as a consumer and not as the pathetic Thrifty car manager to fool us all.

If someone bought three cars from Thrifty in Clearwater, I agree, they must be one complete idiot with a scary credit history. By the way...Nice comment Bo or Dan or what do you call yourself these days. "THRIFTY CAR SALES IS THE BEST DEALERSHIP IN TOWN." says one of the managers despite the 100 consumer complaints across the board. You scam artists make me laugh. Wait, look, here comes another sucker...GO GET EM.

6th of Jun, 2009

You people are pathetic! I am not a Thrifty Manager, I am not Bo or Dan, my name is actually Brynn if you must know. The only pathetic people on here are you guys who clearly have such bad credit that you can't buy a car from Thrifty or anywhere else, so you are going to sit here and bash on a dealership that doesn't want to risk anything with you anymore than any other company. If you had paid a bill in your whole life maybe you could have bought a car. I have bought 3 cars from them because the service I get at Thrifty is better than any other dealership I have ever been to, and because I have actually been to the auction and been able to hand pick my car myself, so obviously my credit can't be too bad huh Timothy? You people need to worry more about trying to avoid the repo man, pay your bills, and stop trying to bash a dealership just cause you can't buy anything. So all of you that are on here acting like children with nothing better to do than try to hurt the people that didn;t trust you enough to help you enjoy your buy-here pay-here car and get on with life. If Thrifty was so bad, they would not be the only ones still standing. And this one s just for you TIMOTHY, EVERY SINGLE BUSINESS IN THE WORLD HAS COMPLAINTS FROM ###S LIKE YOU AND THE OTHERS. There is no way to avoid it, stupid people are everywhere.

• Ti
      6th of Jun, 2009

Oh Bo or Dan and today you are Brynn.
    If you read the above messages ...All have purchased from Thrifty and have been ripped off by Thrifty. Your company gives credit to everyone and does not honor the warranty. If you were not so defensive in your company Bo, Dan, or Brynn, you would read that everyone purchased a vehicle and did not get refused. There were no repo or credit instances brought up. I forgot, since you are Bo or Dan that you know us so you can look at our past credit history from our contact and see we may have been late on a car payment, bankrupt, or since you bought three cars from this dealer, what was your problem with credit ? Anybody with good credit would not purchase from Thrifty. ( Now reply that your credit is great Bo, Dan, or Brynn ).
    I'm tired of the lies, tired of your dealership, and tired of you. Normal people are not allowed to attend auctions for dealerships...you know that BO, Dan or Brynn. And yes you purchased three cars from the auction to sell to suckers as myself without any guilt. The majority of your cars are from auctions. ( Now Dan or Bo or Brynn reply that many are from consumers trading them in )
    I traded the lemon in after 6 months of trouble and received $1200 dollars on a $6200 vehicle. The other dealership laughed out loud when I told them where I purchased the vehicle and even stated one of many to come our way. So keep replying and keep trying to convince us that you do not work at Thrifty and we will all believe you.
    Thrifty is a horrible place as you can read from the managers posting as normal consumers. Google Consumer complaint on Thrifty Car Sales in Clearwater and see if I'm the only one complaining.
    Smile yourself to sleep as you write another comment and wait for another innocent person to make their way into your coils and fork mouths BRYNN ( or Dan or Bo ).

6th of Jun, 2009

Normal people are allowed to attend auctions as long as they are accompanied by the person from the dealership with the card to get the bidder patch. See the thing is you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, nor do you know anything about the car sales process or auctions. The majority of the cars are purchased at the auction, if you read the webpage for the dealership they do not resell trade-ins. (Again you have no clue what you are talking about). I do not work for Trifty, I have never worked for Thrifty, I however collect referal fee after referal fee from Thrifty for all of the people that I do send there, so I guess in a way, I do collect a paycheck from them but I am not on the payroll. Thrifty does not sell to everyone and not all credit is excepted and if you actually knew what you were talking about or read the complaints that are online, you would see that the majority of the people are complaining about going there and not being approved, so again your statements make no sense. And of course any other dealership is going to rag on another, just like Wendy's says their food is better than Mc Donalds. Come on, that is common sense. Nothing of what you are saying makes any sense, has any relevence, and can be proven wrong repeatedly. Do you know how easy it is for a so called "regular" person to get a bidders badge for the auction? So again tell me I can not go there and bid on a car. And yes the first time I purchased a car from them my credit was bad, but I got a 2005 jeep Liberty with 12k miles on it and had it financed through Citi financial, so it was a real deal, it was with a real company, and it was a great rate for the credit I had at the time. Now that I have has 3 car loans, (paid on time) in the past 5 years my credit is great. And YES people with good credit do buy cars from Thrifty, I refer them, I know they have good credit. Just because maybe you had a bad attitude, or you wanted every little dent on 5 year old car fixed, or maybe you yourself are just not easy to work with, that does not mean everyone will have a bad experience. Almost every complaint online is from someone that could not buy, so that does not say anything bad about the dealership, that is all about the people being vendictive for their own reasons due to their own mistakes. So you can be tired of all the so-called lies, none of them are lies, it is all about you not knowing what the heck you are talking about and debating a subject you clearly have no knowledge to debate.

• Th
      6th of Jun, 2009

>>FOR EXAMPLE, MY VEHICLE STARTED EXPERIENCING ELECTRICAL DIFFICULTIES TWO WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE. THRIFTY TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 3 WEEKS TO BRING IT IN DUE TO THEIR SHOP BEING BOOKED FULL.

Isn't that convenient.. for Thrifty!

They tricked you into keeping the broken car away from them until after your 30 day warranty expired.

How absolutely rotten.

6th of Jun, 2009

I can vouch for the service always being full, I have a hard time getting my car in there too. You should have asked them if there was somewhere else you could have taken your car, they always allow me to do that and cover it. Your complaints are all frivilous and stupid. Obviously getting the new cars from the auction in and looked over is more profitable for business than rushing yours to the front of the line. I have been in there in enough to see people with the same issues you have had and the cars have always been taken care of. Most of their business is based on referals, so they do a very good job of taking care of their customers. How old is your car, and how many miles?

• Mi
      7th of Jun, 2009

FLgirl, for someone that has nothing to do with Thrifty besides referrals, sure spends a lot of time defending people she has nothing to do with! If you read, there are many that have had issues with Thrifty promising them a great vehicle and service and getting anything but! If you do refer your friends there, you are just as bad as Thrifty. So go ahead and keep defending people that you say you have nothing to do with and I am sure more people will come foward with more complaints. Bottom line is there are many more complaints on different web pages, I guess you will be pretty busy defending them all. Hope they pay you welll!

• Pa
      7th of Jun, 2009

This dealership has a horrible name around the military base.
    There are numerous articles on the base to avoid this place at all cost.
    Look at the warnings from the comments of all the people. My first Sergeant even brought this up at a base assembly warning the newbies of the antics of the dealership.
    Thank you for the posts and warnings.

• En
      9th of Jun, 2009

My sister too has had a bad experience with Thrifty and it has nothing to do with her credit.
    Thrifty promised her upon purchase that they would fix her electrical problem that was blowing her fuses to the horn and turn signal area.
    She took the vehicle to them four times ( two with me ) and they would keep the car for one day and then return the vehicle to her. They would replace the fuses and do nothing else. One day after every visit, the horn and turn signals would stop working again.
    On the fifth visit one of the managers told her that she will need to bring the car to the manufacturers dealer as Thrifty is not responsible anymore. What kind of car lot throws customers to another without a second glance? Answer ...Thrifty.
    All but one person comments are on service and lies except one ( and someone suggested that they work for Thrifty, and it sure sounds like it by the comments ) so take my word of caution and take your business elsewhere. Thrifty took advantage of an 18 year old buying her first car and thinking she was getting a deal. Rotten people.

9th of Jun, 2009

The referal fee actually is pretty good, but that is not the only reason I do it. I believe in Thrifty, they have always been great to me and every person I have sent there. I have heard of people making up stories and getting their friends to do the same just to bash a company they don't like. It's kinda of the same concept as people creating multiple emails to be able to post the exact same ad on craigslist over and over. Everyone seems to have the same story or agree with someone else, and all the others just say "they know someone". You people can say what you want, the truth is in the numbers, and Thrifty's numbers far outweight what you people say. If I can pay my bills every month with the amount of referals I send there, they must be doing something right.

10th of Jun, 2009

The referral fee should be good flgirl.
    The money isn't used for fixing anyones vehicles by the postings read.
    Warranties not validated and a lot of out of pocket expenses for the customer.
    I would not brag about receiving money from anothers misfortune.
    My opinion after reading the comments is not to do business at Thrifty.

12th of Jun, 2009

It is not the misfortune of anyone I know or have referred there. Everyone I know is 100% happy with their cars and refer their friends as well. The warranty is 30 days and the majority of the people don't come back with problems before then. If you are so concerned with a warranty on a used car, buy the after market warranty. A dealership can not be responsible for everything that happens, you are buying a USED car, not brand new. If you look at other sites you will see there are more people happy with Thrifty than angry, so you have to think that most of these people complaining are over exaggerating just a bit. Maybe they went in after their 30 day warranty expired. If you were to buy a home and something happened 2 months after are you going to blame the agent that sold you the house because a problem arose after the fact? No, I think not. Why should a dealership be responsible for a car months down the line after you have put a few thousand miles on the car, and drive like idiots. You all can defend the people that complain all day, but until you know the business and the majority of the people that they deal with, you can not judge. People come in to get repairs 2 and 3 years later wanting them for free. All of you that are complaining, gibe me your real names and I will request all the info I can of when you bought the car, how many miles it had, when you actually came in to get repairs, if your warranty was still good, and how many miles you had put on it from when you bough it and when you brought it back. This way we can prove who is really wrong here. If you refuse to do that, then we all will know your complaints aren't valid. Your warranty is only 30 days or 1000 miles, so lets prove to everyone who is in the wrong. Give the info and I will work with Dan to get the info so I can post it here and show everyone you are just being vindictive because you didn't get your way. PROVE IT TO EVERYONE.

• Da
      12th of Jun, 2009

I am Dan Rasoi General Manager of Thrifty Car Sales I was doing a bit of googling and noticed I am a little popular... Any of you that can prove to me that what you are saying is true I will gladly reimburse you whatever it cost for you to get your vehicles repaired. The 30 day warranty does not cover electrical issues. It is a powertrain engine and transmission.

I am very familiar with Florida girl, she does not work but I should hire her for defending us.

I am not your typical car salesmen all though I am sure all of you cannot wait to say otherwise. I am not a 30-80 year old man behind a desk over weigh and over indulgent in his own disgust but I am disgusted by your comments none the less.

I am 25 Years Old I am about 185 Pounds (shut up Florida girl LOL I know what you’re saying about 199)
    I really try to make everyone happy but I cannot always fix every little thing. There comes a time where I have to say no because if not I will be married to fixing your vehicle whenever anything happens.
    I have really tried to take a different approach, First thing is we have no sales people yeap not one, second no one will run outside to your car when you pull up, no high pressure BS, you buy you buy you don't you don't. How many of you one here picked up the phone and said Dan we have a problem here? Considering the fact I lost my mind reading ability I really apologize to all of you for not knowing what I had done wrong until now.

If anyone here would have come talk to me face to face and tell me their problems I am sure we could have come to a reasonable understanding...

For all the people that want us to close down keep in mind we employee 14 families, we buy parts from your local parts department, we spend money advertising, we pay huge amounts of sales tax, we support local youth groups, church groups and try to give back whenever we can to our community. We are not a huge company but we try to do what we can when we can.

When was the last time any of you gave anything back but grief to every person you have met. It is always someone else’s fault for everything in your lives. Look in the mirror and you will see the real enemy.

Good Luck and God Bless
    Dan Rasoi
    General Manager
    Thrifty Car Sales
    727-726-6112

• Ri

Dan,
    The majority of the complaints are the way you have handled the situations which you are so concerned about in the above comments.
    You sound sincere, but look what you have done to your customers.
    There would not be any issues if you handled the situations like you say. But read...You Do Not.

The people have asked numerous times and visited your dealership on almost every comment and it has turned ugly despite your comments and defense. You should take heart on your last comment,
    "Look in the mirror and you will see the real enemy."

I have not purchased a vehicle from you and would notvisit your dealership due to the way people view your trust and integrity.
    I hope you turn your reputation around.

Rick Houston Jr.

13th of Jun, 2009

In Georgia, everyone can attend and bid at an auto auction with or without a bidder's "patch".. I often do and my brother does all the time.
    In Florida, where I used to live, unless the auction is closed to the public, anyone can attend and bid. We used to have auctions at the repossessor's car lot! lol Auction cars financed by buy here, pay here lots, like Thrifty seems to be.

13th of Jun, 2009

As for Florida Girl, she might be dating the manager who is only 25, so she would be double dipping as they say.

I'll bet you all had to finance your cars through his finance company! Beware the repo man.. one misstep and he sends him after you.

Been there, done that! (but no repo man, because I paid for the junk)

• Da
      13th of Jun, 2009

Rick I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my comments, considering the fact that whatever you read is considered a fact to you maybe you should have an opinion on actual facts and personal experience. I have sold over 5, 000 cars if I have 10 unhappy people I would say that is not a bad percentage that is a .002 percent of people that are unhappy. I would like that number to be 0 but .002 is a manageable percentage.

Dan Rasoi

• Ri
      14th of Jun, 2009

Dan,
    I really don't care the percentage of your 5000 cars you have sold.
    Fact or Fiction... People only care about the car you sold them, and how you take care of them within their warranty period.
    Read the comments...
    Look at the other websites...
    You have really caused a perception of a horrible place to do business.
    The damage is done by your past and not by your comments.
    If you would have treated your customers with respect, integrity, and value, they would not have written so many comments about your business. People do not just go on a website to bash something if they were treated fair and not lied to. If that is how you think, I know why you are in this situation.
    That is a fact.