The Tax Club / Scam

The tax Club located on the 60th floor in the Empire State Building is a complete scam. If you go on legalzoom or fileinc websites and set up a corporation. At the very end you will find an option which asks if you want to set up a free tax consultation. If you select this, your information will be forwarded to the Tax Club where a guy named Bert Seither will call you. When you think this is for a tax consultation, it is not. Bert Seither will give you some basic idea about a corporate tax structure then will want to charge you $1000 dollars for the tax clubs services. That’s what happened to me. He tries to sell you something you don’t need. Stick to your CPA and Tell Bert at the tax club to shove it up you know where.

Va

Comments

19th of May, 2008

I had some work done for me by a Lawyer's association. A few days after I was through doing businss with them, I received a call from the Tax Club; and they kept on calling until I bit. The withdrew from my personal check account the sum of one thosand dollars ($1000.00). They had told me that they would save me a thousand dollars. They did not. They are not honest. They did a tax return for me in 2006 and sent it in for filing over six months late. When I read the tax return it was full of errors and inconsistencies. I had given them a 1099 which had to be sent to the IRS with the tax return, but they lost it. Then to add insult to injury they started to deduct from my checking account the sum of sixty nine dollars ($69.00) each month for service charges. I sent them an E-mail cancelling the so-called membership in this fraudulent operation. In addition, I had no money to pay the IRS and had to redo the 1040 tax return because of the errors they made. Then, all of a sudden, eveytime I made a deposit to the bank, the amount was quickly eaten up and my account was continuously overdrawn. I don't know to ths day who was responsible for identity theft, but I suspect that it could be the Tax Club or somebody else. I had to close the checking account and reopen it under a new number; new passwords; new everything. I am 83 years of age with many health problems (some are chronic, acute and terminal) and did not deserve this thievery to myself and to the checking account. I will be putting this information on my website so that others can see what thieving bums that are out there. And what hurts even more some of the government agencies are also involved in a round about way. I sent an Email to the Federal Attorney General on this, but I doubt whether they are even interested.

• El
      27th of Aug, 2008

these people are complete scam artists, all they do is steal your money and keep calling for more. they give NOTHING in return! stay away from this company!!!

• Sc
      8th of Oct, 2008

This is a complete rip-off, I signed up with them and had my initial consultation on the phone and he wanted to just charge my card to get that initial fee. Within 4 days I had a "Personal Tax Plan" from them. But from the looks of the plan the only thing personal is the cover page as the rest is just a printed document going over various tax saving ideas for your business or yourself. I called numerous times to get a hold of the person I talked too but he was nowhere to be found and every receptionist I talked to said that they would "email" him to call me back. I asked for his email address so I could email him directly and they wouldn't give that information out, after 2 times of this I felt this whole thing was a scam and called my credit card company to dispute the charge. After a couple weeks apparently they contacted my card company and then my card company reversed the hold on the money. In the meantime I was able to get a hold of the billing department to cancel within the 30 days that makes me eligible for a refund. I've called my card company again and they are going to investigate this charge again. Wish me luck! If nothing comes of the credit card company helping me out I'm having my attorney send a formal letter. I will be spreading the word like crazy on how crappy of a company this is and all they want is the initial "payment" and after that, they treat you like crap. There are too many slimy people out there in this world. Be very careful who you deal with!

Spread the word on this company!

9th of Oct, 2008

These people are something else. DO NOT give them one dime! You get a free consultation on basic corp. taxes, but they are really sneaky. We thought we were talking to LegalZoom (good company), but we were wrong. When we did more digging, we decided to cancel the very SAME day. Well, they had already charged our credit card $1497 (within MINUTES), but it is taking MUCH longer and many more phone calls to get the charge reversed. It's a disaster! The billing department said "there is a process" and it will take a couple of days. Okay, fine. We wait a couple of days and still nothing. Call back and this time there is a form we have to fill out and either e-mail or fax back. So we wait for the e-mail form. Nothing. They are misleading, misrepresenting, and take forever to get your money back. They are probably earning lots of $ in interest on all of us who are still trying to get our funds back. I filled out a complaint at the BBB and suggest everyone else do the same. They are not in good standing with the BBB and they are not even registered with them.
    On a side note, since talking with them, we have received more phone solicitations than ever before. Hmm...

• La
      18th of Oct, 2008

here's the NY State Atty General Compaint form to file a consumer fraud issue:

22nd of Jan, 2009

I was duped into signing up for the Tax Club . I closed my account within 14 days after realizing they added no real value and simply were looking to sell more products to me. It has been 4 months and they refuse to refund my $800 sign up fee claiming the "welcome package" and "tax plan" (which is a standard template printed on cheap paper) that they had mailed to me the day I signed up are considered services rendered amounting to $800. BEWARE- DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE TAX CLUB. Please check out the company or you will end up like me and so many others. I never write complaints but think this is too important and these guys really have a scam going.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could get some or all of my money back?

• Da
      24th of Jan, 2009

I signed up with the Tax Club last week ($1500), cancelled this week, and am in the same boat as all the other posts I have seen going back to 2006. I am quickly getting the feeling that this has to be the dumbest thing I have ever done. I don't even lose money that fast in Vegas. Again, I have only been dealing with the refund part for a few days, but I can relate to all the other Tax Club posts. I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and other sites like this. I am looking for every avenue possible to expose these guys. My bank is making me wait 30 days befre they will file the claim, at which point the Tax Club says I will get nothing, that is if I don't take the $400 they offered as a refund within that time frame. I can only imagine what their actual tax preparers are like working for the $20 per month fee if the worthless "personal tax plan" retials for $595. I am really in shock that this is happening, and I don't see how their employees can go to work everyday and screw people.

• Lu
      25th of Jan, 2009

I have had the tax club for a little over 2 years and I kind of like them. They almost always get us back all the taxes we pay. I think that their web site is useless, but when we email in questions they are answered within a reasonable amount of time (72 hrs) and are quite thorough.

• To
      30th of Apr, 2009

I just got through talking with a guy from The Tax Club and he was one heck of a salesman. I almost agreed to the 1500 dollars, but told him I would have to have a couple of days to think on it. Then ofcourse he says hea not a problem, we can finance it all but 500 dollars and its 90 days same as cash and the rest is 18% for 24 mos. I said, its not the money I just want a couple of days regardless. Asked him 3 times for a number I could reach him at before he gave it to me. All he wanted was a scheduled time in which he could call us. We scheduled for saturday afternoon at 4 pm cst. I am so glad I came up here and read all this about them before going ahead and sending the money to them. I do like the idea of the services they offer, but seeing this many complaints about a company really does scare me. I would rather not send them that much money and just pay 100 dollars a month for a service. Forget the upfront cost. That is rediculous for a person like me who would have to put something else on the cc that I don't have the means to pay off yet. Thanks to everyone who posted this information. Thanks to LucyR as well for giving them a positive vote.
    Tommy P

• Da
      29th of Sep, 2009

My complaint is with the Tax Club and the fact that you sold my name to an untrustworthy, lying company. When they contacted me and wanted to set up my corporation, I specifically asked them if it was the same program as Stores on Line, as to a corporation, full personal and corporate asset protection, and a living Trust. Their answer was yes. I asked them no less that 3-5 times and always got the same answer, yes, so I allowed them to set up my corporation.

Then they contacted me about setting up a bookkeeping service. They informed me that as a corporation, I needed to file reports with the IRS, immediately, or within the first 30 to 60 days of setting it up. After I signed up, I found that all they were going to do for $1, 000.00 for the first year was to allow me to use their online spread sheet, so that I could put my figures in and print out a report for my taxes at the end of the year. I contacted Frank Colletti, the salesman and informed him that he had lied to me and of my dissatisfaction in the way Tax Club does business. I was informed that his supervisor would contact me. In the meantime, I contacted a CPA that informed me that no quarterly reports are ever due by the IRS. She did explain that estimated taxes are the only thing that is due quarterly.

When his supervisor called me, I told her that before she tries to lie to me, I have already contacted a CPA and know the answers. She admitted that there are no quarterly reports due and that she would refund my money.

Then their corporate credit people contacted me, and again proceeded to lie to me and try to hand me a line of BS. Since I have figured this company out, I proceeded to let the guy know he was full of crap, and that I do not due business with liars and thieves.

The problem that has yet to be resolved is the fact that the Tax Club did not nor does it use the same legal program as Stores on Line, as they had told me. My corporate structure is all screwed up and my assets are dangling in the wing. My corporation now needs to be dissolved and I have to start all over again. When I spoke with Anthony Williams the Director of no customer service from Tax Club 1-866-1829 X5345 he kind of acknowledged that they did not do what I had requested, and agreed to draw up the disillusion papers for the corporation and return my money. This is not acceptable since I am out not only the money for their non services but also filing fees, postage, 2 months of income since I cannot open a bank account without the corporate papers, as well as interest on my credit card. What they did is lie to me and screw thing up beyond belief. Had the told me they do not do what I asked for, if i had known this, I would have never done business with them.

What the Tax Club had also done is put PMI, Stores on Line, and themselves in a possible legal mess. I want this matter resolved in a fair and equitable manner, and I want PMI to help in negotiating in resolving this matter since you sold my name to them and they are an affiliate of yours. If this matter cannot be resolved then I will be forced to file a lawsuit in which I will name all 3 companies, and we can then battle it out in a jury trial. I want to be fair about this, but tax Club knowingly screwed me out of not only two months income, but also two months exposure of my site online. I sincerely hope that you can persuade Tax Club to resolve and settle this mess they created so that it can be put to rest.

After reviewing the tapes (all of the calls to Tax Club are taped) Anthony Williams did finally return my call and offer me to dissolve the corporation, return my money, and reimburse me for my filing and postage fees. I told him this was not acceptable since they cost me 2 months income. The first words out of his mouth were it's not our fault. If they did nothing wrong, why are they offering me a refund. Well who the hells fault is it when you are paid to perform a service and you do not know your butt from third base and screw it up. Every word that comes out of the mouths of the people at the Tax Club is a lie and you shouldn't believe a word they say, even if their tongue comes notarized. I hope they do not like what I have to say and want to sue me, because the truth is an absolute defense to slander.

If you do business with these idiots, remember you were warned.

• Kr
      5th of Feb, 2011

I signed up for The Tax Club because it was referred to me by legal zoom. At the time I was told there was an initial fee of $1600 and a monthly fee of $20. This ensures tax preparation every year.

The first 2 years went smoothly. Now they are telling me I need to pay $895 a year for tax prep in addition to the $20 per month. I was never told of this fee and they have no documentation of any such fee.

The original contract says nothing about a tax prep fee. They have apologized to me for forgetting to mention the $895.00 per year fee, however they will not refund any of my money. They also have admitted that there is no documentation anywhere of any such fee.

I have 2 small children to support and a struggling small business. I never would have signed up had I been informed about these fees. If there is ever a class action suit against The Tax Club I want to be involved, please contact me.

I am out a lump sum of $1600.00 along with $20 a month since Aug of 2008 equaling $600. Plus additional fees that have cropped up now and again that I haven't questioned in the past. If I had stayed with my original accountant from before I signed up with The Tax Club I would have paid a total of less than $600.00 for the past 2 years of tax prep.

• Ta
      9th of Mar, 2011

I am 86 years old trying to set up a very small internet business to sell the jewelry I make by hand. The tax club sold me all kinds of services that I did not need. If they are as expert as they claim, they would have known that I did not need such services as payroll ( for a large fee), I am the only employee. 800 phone which would be nice by not required. They told me it was absolutely required. I finally talked the out of that one! forming an s2 corporation which is much to large and complex an operation for my small efforts. I received a notebook, stock certificates, big stamp tool, etc. A smaller LCC organization would be more appropriate, a long tutoring series about establishing credit that I have not been able to work through yet. But the worse thing was the business plan. They charged me a large fee to write the business plan for me. I sent them the data for it last March (2010). A few months later I received an email doc for my approval. It was full of spelling errors, incorrect sentence and paragraph structures and writing on the level of a junior high kid. No business professional would have given the plan even a second look. Four times I made the corrections and sent it back to them. Each time the plan was returned to me with the original errors still present. After nearly 9 months I finally told I would write it and return it to them and they could return my money for a job they did not do. For many reasons it took me several months to finish the plan and return it to them. Many of the reasons had to do with my health and not the plan. The actual writing of the plan consumed about a month. I have returned it to them but still not heard from them. I think I have been scammed!! What can this senior citizen do about it!!! I am not ogoing to let them do my taxes although I paid them several thousand dollars to do the bookkeeping and do the taxes. I am afraid of them. #944400

• Du
      26th of Mar, 2011

Accelerated Mentoring gave these people my phone number and they began calling me to offer business set up and tax services. They talked me into paying them $8000 for setting up an S Corp and lifetime tax services. They failed miserably at these services, but kept up the high pressure sales pitch insinuating that I was too dumb to operate a business without pay them huge sums for their help. This is a SCAM bigtime. AVOID.

• Le
      27th of Apr, 2011

I suggest filing a complaint at www. FTC.gov regarding The Tax Club, plus all of their "doing business as" names such as:
    Manhattan Professional Group
    Business Document Center
    Success Merchant
    My Essential Plans
    All Access Books
    Success Internet
    These are all The Tax Club.
    These companies were not included in the FTC lawsuit against Fortune Learning Systems and I feel they should be. I think they used the same unethical selling ways as did Fortune Learning. They should be punished and shut down and made to pay up literally, and hopefully some the people in charge actually put in jail!

• Go
      30th of Apr, 2011

I agree as I to did business with the Tax Club and MY Essential Plans after signing up with Fortune Learning System. The only thing these companies did was take my money. How they sleep at night is beyond me. I'm sure there laughing and having a good time but, they should remember what goes around-comes around and only the good shall prevail.

• Le
      3rd of May, 2011

Before filing a complaint with the FTC, I did call up The Tax Club to complain and told them I wanted to cancel and wanted a refund. The only thing the person who I initially spoke with could say is "we did nothing wrong" and "no refund". He kept repeating that little mantra over and over! Like a robot. Then Justin Osmosanya, the account exec, called. First he introduces himself. We had actually spoken on the phone before, but he didn't know that. Really, so I called to cancel, and you really think this is the time to call and introduce yourself! He called a few times, and I told him that if his company called me like that all of the time when I first signed up, I might not be wanting to cancel. So, in order to cancel, I had to actually detail all of the things I had a problem with and then they would determine if they would give me a refund!! Like was I worthy?? Their idea of customer service is such a joke. At a really high class company, if you are not satisfied, no questions asked, you get a refund. Even their refund process is a joke. I did run thru the whole list of things that I found extremely disappointing about the company and the lack of service that they did not provide. We'll see if they have any balls and do the right thing and issue me a full refund.
    I think the more of us who complain the more likely they will be shut down so others don't get scammed!

• Ne
      26th of May, 2011

I am in the process of trying to get rid of the TAX CLUB, Do not get sucked into this outfit, unless you want to make big donations to the outfit.

30th of May, 2011

Hi
    I am in Australia. I had similar experience.. They were connected to me through another internet business company...in the name of setting up tax structure and company structure they charged my credit card almost US 2500.00 for the remaining 1400.00 they financed for me @ 18% p.a interest for 18 months. On the other side the they asked me to do some business planning...some coaching session was to be done...long story cut short...my CC expired fortunately...After that they tried to contact me...
    In the meanwhile I was in the job slash situation. took time to recover...Now I have written to them explaining the situation. It is more than a week/ten days.. They have neither called or written to me. But I am concerned if I have to settle the account with them. Can any one give tips/help to resolve this situation?
    ***Sam***

• Su
      19th of Jul, 2011

Re: The Tax Club
    350 Fifth Ave Suite #6015
    New York, New York
    Phone: 8887737161

ALL BEWARE !!!1

I'm right now going through HELL for a simple refund the The Tax Club who are accociated with All Access Books. They had sent me a refund authorization form which I filled out, faxed to them, they received it and now GUESS WHAT ??????????

It's a game in a freekin visious circle !!!

They owe me $6621.50 and I think they'll come out with another excuse to ignore me !!!

For almost one month the so-called billing department countlessly has told me that the "Merchant" will be contacted...well this so-called merchant is SIMPLY AND REPEATIVELY IGNORING ME.

I REALLY AM STRATING TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE THIEVES AND MYSELF BEING CANADIAN...SITTING HELPLESSLY HERE WITH ALTOGETHER KNOWING THAT THE US OF A IS ALMOST IN DEFAULT !!!

Good-luck to you all...DON'T DO IT !!!
    ...signed off sucker in the most Beautiful and Smartest part of North America...Beautiful British Columbia where we do pay back out debts !

21st of Jul, 2011

I have heard a lot people using this company called Scammer Guard to help get back at The Tax Club. A lot of these people are getting their money back. Check them out its www.scammerguard.com. I called them up and they are helping me get my money back from the Tax Club.