The Tax ClubScam

1 Review updated:

The tax Club located on the 60th floor in the Empire State Building is a complete scam. If you go on legalzoom or fileinc websites and set up a corporation. At the very end you will find an option which asks if you want to set up a free tax consultation. If you select this, your information will be forwarded to the Tax Club where a guy named Bert Seither will call you. When you think this is for a tax consultation, it is not. Bert Seither will give you some basic idea about a corporate tax structure then will want to charge you $1000 dollars for the tax clubs services. That’s what happened to me. He tries to sell you something you don’t need. Stick to your CPA and Tell Bert at the tax club to shove it up you know where.

Comments

May 19, 2008

I had some work done for me by a Lawyer's association. A few days after I was through doing businss with them, I received a call from the Tax Club; and they kept on calling until I bit. The withdrew from my personal check account the sum of one thosand dollars ($1000.00). They had told me that they would save me a thousand dollars. They did not. They are not honest. They did a tax return for me in 2006 and sent it in for filing over six months late. When I read the tax return it was full of errors and inconsistencies. I had given them a 1099 which had to be sent to the IRS with the tax return, but they lost it. Then to add insult to injury they started to deduct from my checking account the sum of sixty nine dollars ($69.00) each month for service charges. I sent them an E-mail cancelling the so-called membership in this fraudulent operation. In addition, I had no money to pay the IRS and had to redo the 1040 tax return because of the errors they made. Then, all of a sudden, eveytime I made a deposit to the bank, the amount was quickly eaten up and my account was continuously overdrawn. I don't know to ths day who was responsible for identity theft, but I suspect that it could be the Tax Club or somebody else. I had to close the checking account and reopen it under a new number; new passwords; new everything. I am 83 years of age with many health problems (some are chronic, acute and terminal) and did not deserve this thievery to myself and to the checking account. I will be putting this information on my website so that others can see what thieving bums that are out there. And what hurts even more some of the government agencies are also involved in a round about way. I sent an Email to the Federal Attorney General on this, but I doubt whether they are even interested.

• El
      Aug 27, 2008

these people are complete scam artists, all they do is steal your money and keep calling for more. they give NOTHING in return! stay away from this company!!!

• Sc
      Oct 08, 2008

This is a complete rip-off, I signed up with them and had my initial consultation on the phone and he wanted to just charge my card to get that initial fee. Within 4 days I had a "Personal Tax Plan" from them. But from the looks of the plan the only thing personal is the cover page as the rest is just a printed document going over various tax saving ideas for your business or yourself. I called numerous times to get a hold of the person I talked too but he was nowhere to be found and every receptionist I talked to said that they would "email" him to call me back. I asked for his email address so I could email him directly and they wouldn't give that information out, after 2 times of this I felt this whole thing was a scam and called my credit card company to dispute the charge. After a couple weeks apparently they contacted my card company and then my card company reversed the hold on the money. In the meantime I was able to get a hold of the billing department to cancel within the 30 days that makes me eligible for a refund. I've called my card company again and they are going to investigate this charge again. Wish me luck! If nothing comes of the credit card company helping me out I'm having my attorney send a formal letter. I will be spreading the word like crazy on how crappy of a company this is and all they want is the initial "payment" and after that, they treat you like crap. There are too many slimy people out there in this world. Be very careful who you deal with!

Spread the word on this company!

Oct 09, 2008

These people are something else. DO NOT give them one dime! You get a free consultation on basic corp. taxes, but they are really sneaky. We thought we were talking to LegalZoom (good company), but we were wrong. When we did more digging, we decided to cancel the very SAME day. Well, they had already charged our credit card $1497 (within MINUTES), but it is taking MUCH longer and many more phone calls to get the charge reversed. It's a disaster! The billing department said "there is a process" and it will take a couple of days. Okay, fine. We wait a couple of days and still nothing. Call back and this time there is a form we have to fill out and either e-mail or fax back. So we wait for the e-mail form. Nothing. They are misleading, misrepresenting, and take forever to get your money back. They are probably earning lots of $ in interest on all of us who are still trying to get our funds back. I filled out a complaint at the BBB and suggest everyone else do the same. They are not in good standing with the BBB and they are not even registered with them.
    On a side note, since talking with them, we have received more phone solicitations than ever before. Hmm...

• La
      Oct 18, 2008

here's the NY State Atty General Compaint form to file a consumer fraud issue:

Jan 22, 2009

I was duped into signing up for the Tax Club . I closed my account within 14 days after realizing they added no real value and simply were looking to sell more products to me. It has been 4 months and they refuse to refund my $800 sign up fee claiming the "welcome package" and "tax plan" (which is a standard template printed on cheap paper) that they had mailed to me the day I signed up are considered services rendered amounting to $800. BEWARE- DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE TAX CLUB. Please check out the company or you will end up like me and so many others. I never write complaints but think this is too important and these guys really have a scam going.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could get some or all of my money back?

• Da
      Jan 24, 2009

I signed up with the Tax Club last week ($1500), cancelled this week, and am in the same boat as all the other posts I have seen going back to 2006. I am quickly getting the feeling that this has to be the dumbest thing I have ever done. I don't even lose money that fast in Vegas. Again, I have only been dealing with the refund part for a few days, but I can relate to all the other Tax Club posts. I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and other sites like this. I am looking for every avenue possible to expose these guys. My bank is making me wait 30 days befre they will file the claim, at which point the Tax Club says I will get nothing, that is if I don't take the $400 they offered as a refund within that time frame. I can only imagine what their actual tax preparers are like working for the $20 per month fee if the worthless "personal tax plan" retials for $595. I am really in shock that this is happening, and I don't see how their employees can go to work everyday and screw people.

• Lu
      Jan 25, 2009

I have had the tax club for a little over 2 years and I kind of like them. They almost always get us back all the taxes we pay. I think that their web site is useless, but when we email in questions they are answered within a reasonable amount of time (72 hrs) and are quite thorough.

• To
      Apr 30, 2009

I just got through talking with a guy from The Tax Club and he was one heck of a salesman. I almost agreed to the 1500 dollars, but told him I would have to have a couple of days to think on it. Then ofcourse he says hea not a problem, we can finance it all but 500 dollars and its 90 days same as cash and the rest is 18% for 24 mos. I said, its not the money I just want a couple of days regardless. Asked him 3 times for a number I could reach him at before he gave it to me. All he wanted was a scheduled time in which he could call us. We scheduled for saturday afternoon at 4 pm cst. I am so glad I came up here and read all this about them before going ahead and sending the money to them. I do like the idea of the services they offer, but seeing this many complaints about a company really does scare me. I would rather not send them that much money and just pay 100 dollars a month for a service. Forget the upfront cost. That is rediculous for a person like me who would have to put something else on the cc that I don't have the means to pay off yet. Thanks to everyone who posted this information. Thanks to LucyR as well for giving them a positive vote.
    Tommy P

• Da
      Sep 29, 2009

My complaint is with the Tax Club and the fact that you sold my name to an untrustworthy, lying company. When they contacted me and wanted to set up my corporation, I specifically asked them if it was the same program as Stores on Line, as to a corporation, full personal and corporate asset protection, and a living Trust. Their answer was yes. I asked them no less that 3-5 times and always got the same answer, yes, so I allowed them to set up my corporation.

Then they contacted me about setting up a bookkeeping service. They informed me that as a corporation, I needed to file reports with the IRS, immediately, or within the first 30 to 60 days of setting it up. After I signed up, I found that all they were going to do for $1, 000.00 for the first year was to allow me to use their online spread sheet, so that I could put my figures in and print out a report for my taxes at the end of the year. I contacted Frank Colletti, the salesman and informed him that he had lied to me and of my dissatisfaction in the way Tax Club does business. I was informed that his supervisor would contact me. In the meantime, I contacted a CPA that informed me that no quarterly reports are ever due by the IRS. She did explain that estimated taxes are the only thing that is due quarterly.

When his supervisor called me, I told her that before she tries to lie to me, I have already contacted a CPA and know the answers. She admitted that there are no quarterly reports due and that she would refund my money.

Then their corporate credit people contacted me, and again proceeded to lie to me and try to hand me a line of BS. Since I have figured this company out, I proceeded to let the guy know he was full of crap, and that I do not due business with liars and thieves.

The problem that has yet to be resolved is the fact that the Tax Club did not nor does it use the same legal program as Stores on Line, as they had told me. My corporate structure is all screwed up and my assets are dangling in the wing. My corporation now needs to be dissolved and I have to start all over again. When I spoke with Anthony Williams the Director of no customer service from Tax Club [protected] X5345 he kind of acknowledged that they did not do what I had requested, and agreed to draw up the disillusion papers for the corporation and return my money. This is not acceptable since I am out not only the money for their non services but also filing fees, postage, 2 months of income since I cannot open a bank account without the corporate papers, as well as interest on my credit card. What they did is lie to me and screw thing up beyond belief. Had the told me they do not do what I asked for, if i had known this, I would have never done business with them.

What the Tax Club had also done is put PMI, Stores on Line, and themselves in a possible legal mess. I want this matter resolved in a fair and equitable manner, and I want PMI to help in negotiating in resolving this matter since you sold my name to them and they are an affiliate of yours. If this matter cannot be resolved then I will be forced to file a lawsuit in which I will name all 3 companies, and we can then battle it out in a jury trial. I want to be fair about this, but tax Club knowingly screwed me out of not only two months income, but also two months exposure of my site online. I sincerely hope that you can persuade Tax Club to resolve and settle this mess they created so that it can be put to rest.

After reviewing the tapes (all of the calls to Tax Club are taped) Anthony Williams did finally return my call and offer me to dissolve the corporation, return my money, and reimburse me for my filing and postage fees. I told him this was not acceptable since they cost me 2 months income. The first words out of his mouth were it's not our fault. If they did nothing wrong, why are they offering me a refund. Well who the hells fault is it when you are paid to perform a service and you do not know your butt from third base and screw it up. Every word that comes out of the mouths of the people at the Tax Club is a lie and you shouldn't believe a word they say, even if their tongue comes notarized. I hope they do not like what I have to say and want to sue me, because the truth is an absolute defense to slander.

If you do business with these idiots, remember you were warned.

• Kr
      Feb 05, 2011

I signed up for The Tax Club because it was referred to me by legal zoom. At the time I was told there was an initial fee of $1600 and a monthly fee of $20. This ensures tax preparation every year.

The first 2 years went smoothly. Now they are telling me I need to pay $895 a year for tax prep in addition to the $20 per month. I was never told of this fee and they have no documentation of any such fee.

The original contract says nothing about a tax prep fee. They have apologized to me for forgetting to mention the $895.00 per year fee, however they will not refund any of my money. They also have admitted that there is no documentation anywhere of any such fee.

I have 2 small children to support and a struggling small business. I never would have signed up had I been informed about these fees. If there is ever a class action suit against The Tax Club I want to be involved, please contact me.

I am out a lump sum of $1600.00 along with $20 a month since Aug of 2008 equaling $600. Plus additional fees that have cropped up now and again that I haven't questioned in the past. If I had stayed with my original accountant from before I signed up with The Tax Club I would have paid a total of less than $600.00 for the past 2 years of tax prep.

• Ta
      Mar 09, 2011

I am 86 years old trying to set up a very small internet business to sell the jewelry I make by hand. The tax club sold me all kinds of services that I did not need. If they are as expert as they claim, they would have known that I did not need such services as payroll ( for a large fee), I am the only employee. 800 phone which would be nice by not required. They told me it was absolutely required. I finally talked the out of that one! forming an s2 corporation which is much to large and complex an operation for my small efforts. I received a notebook, stock certificates, big stamp tool, etc. A smaller LCC organization would be more appropriate, a long tutoring series about establishing credit that I have not been able to work through yet. But the worse thing was the business plan. They charged me a large fee to write the business plan for me. I sent them the data for it last March (2010). A few months later I received an email doc for my approval. It was full of spelling errors, incorrect sentence and paragraph structures and writing on the level of a junior high kid. No business professional would have given the plan even a second look. Four times I made the corrections and sent it back to them. Each time the plan was returned to me with the original errors still present. After nearly 9 months I finally told I would write it and return it to them and they could return my money for a job they did not do. For many reasons it took me several months to finish the plan and return it to them. Many of the reasons had to do with my health and not the plan. The actual writing of the plan consumed about a month. I have returned it to them but still not heard from them. I think I have been scammed!! What can this senior citizen do about it!!! I am not ogoing to let them do my taxes although I paid them several thousand dollars to do the bookkeeping and do the taxes. I am afraid of them. #944400

• Du
      Mar 26, 2011

Accelerated Mentoring gave these people my phone number and they began calling me to offer business set up and tax services. They talked me into paying them $8000 for setting up an S Corp and lifetime tax services. They failed miserably at these services, but kept up the high pressure sales pitch insinuating that I was too dumb to operate a business without pay them huge sums for their help. This is a SCAM bigtime. AVOID.

• Le
      Apr 27, 2011

I suggest filing a complaint at www. FTC.gov regarding The Tax Club, plus all of their "doing business as" names such as:
    Manhattan Professional Group
    Business Document Center
    Success Merchant
    My Essential Plans
    All Access Books
    Success Internet
    These are all The Tax Club.
    These companies were not included in the FTC lawsuit against Fortune Learning Systems and I feel they should be. I think they used the same unethical selling ways as did Fortune Learning. They should be punished and shut down and made to pay up literally, and hopefully some the people in charge actually put in jail!

Apr 30, 2011

I agree as I to did business with the Tax Club and MY Essential Plans after signing up with Fortune Learning System. The only thing these companies did was take my money. How they sleep at night is beyond me. I'm sure there laughing and having a good time but, they should remember what goes around-comes around and only the good shall prevail.

• Le
      May 03, 2011

Before filing a complaint with the FTC, I did call up The Tax Club to complain and told them I wanted to cancel and wanted a refund. The only thing the person who I initially spoke with could say is "we did nothing wrong" and "no refund". He kept repeating that little mantra over and over! Like a robot. Then Justin Osmosanya, the account exec, called. First he introduces himself. We had actually spoken on the phone before, but he didn't know that. Really, so I called to cancel, and you really think this is the time to call and introduce yourself! He called a few times, and I told him that if his company called me like that all of the time when I first signed up, I might not be wanting to cancel. So, in order to cancel, I had to actually detail all of the things I had a problem with and then they would determine if they would give me a refund!! Like was I worthy?? Their idea of customer service is such a joke. At a really high class company, if you are not satisfied, no questions asked, you get a refund. Even their refund process is a joke. I did run thru the whole list of things that I found extremely disappointing about the company and the lack of service that they did not provide. We'll see if they have any balls and do the right thing and issue me a full refund.
    I think the more of us who complain the more likely they will be shut down so others don't get scammed!

• Ne
      May 26, 2011

I am in the process of trying to get rid of the TAX CLUB, Do not get sucked into this outfit, unless you want to make big donations to the outfit.

May 30, 2011

Hi
    I am in Australia. I had similar experience.. They were connected to me through another internet business company...in the name of setting up tax structure and company structure they charged my credit card almost US 2500.00 for the remaining 1400.00 they financed for me @ 18% p.a interest for 18 months. On the other side the they asked me to do some business planning...some coaching session was to be done...long story cut short...my CC expired fortunately...After that they tried to contact me...
    In the meanwhile I was in the job slash situation. took time to recover...Now I have written to them explaining the situation. It is more than a week/ten days.. They have neither called or written to me. But I am concerned if I have to settle the account with them. Can any one give tips/help to resolve this situation?
    ***Sam***

• Su
      Jul 19, 2011

Re: The Tax Club
    350 Fifth Ave Suite #6015
    New York, New York
    Phone: [protected]

ALL BEWARE !!!1

I'm right now going through HELL for a simple refund the The Tax Club who are accociated with All Access Books. They had sent me a refund authorization form which I filled out, faxed to them, they received it and now GUESS WHAT ??????????

It's a game in a freekin visious circle !!!

They owe me $6621.50 and I think they'll come out with another excuse to ignore me !!!

For almost one month the so-called billing department countlessly has told me that the "Merchant" will be contacted...well this so-called merchant is SIMPLY AND REPEATIVELY IGNORING ME.

I REALLY AM STRATING TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE THIEVES AND MYSELF BEING CANADIAN...SITTING HELPLESSLY HERE WITH ALTOGETHER KNOWING THAT THE US OF A IS ALMOST IN DEFAULT !!!

Good-luck to you all...DON'T DO IT !!!
    ...signed off sucker in the most Beautiful and Smartest part of North America...Beautiful British Columbia where we do pay back out debts !

Jul 21, 2011

I have heard a lot people using this company called Scammer Guard to help get back at The Tax Club. A lot of these people are getting their money back. Check them out its www.scammerguard.com. I called them up and they are helping me get my money back from the Tax Club.

Jul 21, 2011

• Cr
      Aug 26, 2011

Hi

I am in New Zealand. For about four months between April and August 2011, I was a client of Elite World Systems in Arizona, who are part of the Online Hosting Network. They were setting me up with a website that I would put my own content and content supplied by affiliates of them as a New Zealand based client.
    Although EWS kept many of their promises, they were delibrately vague about specific questions. They also wanted me to sign up on the spot for some major expenses, and for whatever reason my sixth sense that there is something wrong, didn't kick in. In April and May I parted with about NZ$3500 and4500 $ Subsequently I am now about NZ$8000 down after having my NZ-issued credit card maxed and thoroughly bummed that I don't have that good a chance of getting even some of it back. At the start of June, my credit card statement came in. I knew it would be close to the maximum, but shocked when I found that I had clear $600 just to start using it again. More disturbingly though was a transaction from Nethostassn. Hang on a minute! How did they get my details?
    The Tax Company must have got my details from Elite World Systems (who I have been doing business with until recently)or from Nethostassn (who Elite World Systems illegally gave my credit card details to), as Anthony Woods(?) rang at morning tea time a couple of weeks ago to set up an appointment time for Friday 12 August. This was the first I had heard of the Tax Company. Anthony was polite, but he did not muck around trying to convince me about the necessity of an American credit card, LLC registration and telling him what the credit limit on my NZ-issued card is. I managed to get him to hold off until 19 August, explaining that I needed to go to the bank and renew my credit card which had been cancelled because of a separate issue, and would not be likely to get that done for a few days. He reluctantly agreed, though not before asking for my credit limit about another three times. The business about maxing my credit card again was a flashing red light that I could not ignore. When he ring again on 19 August, he was dismissive of my situation and actually laughed when I said I had been made redundant by an earthquake in my home town earlier in the year and came to the conclusion that I did not want to continue in any form.
    Gary Minor from Elite World Systems rang the following day, 20 August. He was more accepting, and after a ten minute polite conversation, agreed to stop the website while I "get my life back in order". Two others rang as well, but aside from pointing out I would probably lose the money, made no effort to challenge what I told them.

I do not know if the Tax Company is linked to the Online Hosting Network like Nethostassn and Elite World Systems are, but be very suspicious if you have never heard of them before and suddenly you find yourself talking on the phone to them.

• Sc
      Feb 13, 2012

Get a refund from the Tax Club by... The person to call reguarding all Tax Club scam situations is their lawyer Joseph Sanscrainte. He orchestrates the entire scheme to let the Tax Club get away with robbing the public consumers. His phone number is [protected]. He will consider your options for refund. If he does not cooperate with you reguarding a refund, I suggest you may call:

Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Department
    61 Broadway, 2nd Floor
    New York, NY 10006
    [protected]

• Im
      Apr 29, 2012
    The Tax Club - Delinquent Accounting - Want a Refund

The Tax Club scammed me for approx 6-10K. They promised bookkeeping services for my LLC... Well, due to delinquent accounting the LLC was closed down. The Tax Club are trying to say that they have fulfilled their obligations and will not refund. Maybe I am daft but an LLC being closed down for delinquent accounting (by a bookkeeping company) would seem to be a.. SCAM! Not happy at all. Don't use.

•   May 15, 2012

If you have not received a refund yet and would like FIAD Services to force a full refund through our Dispute Resolution Services, please contact us at [protected] to discuss your case. We have NO UPFRONT FEE’S and work on a contingency basis. We work on a No Win, No Fee basis. We only need you to answer a few questions to confirm we can help.

We have done a background report on Accelerated Mentoring and other known accomplices (see below link) PLEASE LET US KNOW IF WE NEED TO ADD OR UPDATE ANYTHING! Please note report consists of previous client feedback that had previously done business with Accelerated Mentoring.

BACKGROUND REPORT – Accelerated Mentoring - http://fiadservices.com/company-list/reported-large-scale-scam-list/accelerated-mentoring/

Reported accomplices so far for Accelerated Mentoring;

Success Merchant
    My Essential Plans
    All Access Books
    Success Internet

You should immediately file a report with the NY Attorney General's office. If enough people file complaints, the attorney general's office will investigate, and ultimately shut them down and try to recoup funds for victims. Here is a link to the complaint form: http://www.oag.state.ny.us/complaint-forms

The company that I work for is FIAD Services (please visit our website, http://www.fiadservices.com/our-team/our-services/dispute-resolution-services/ )

Luke Daniels

Fax: [protected]
    Email: [protected]@fiadservices.com
    Website: www.fiadservices.com

Oct 22, 2012

I signed up with The Tax Club over 6 months ago and I have YET to see them make good on anything they said they were going to do!! In our phone consultation, I was told that all I had to do was pay the initial fee of ($4500) and I would be able to get my business off the ground. MOMENTS after my phone consultation, the money was taken right off my credit card. They just couldn’t wait to start ripping me off!!
    I started receiving calls from them nonstop, always asking for more money. I’m a single mother and with this economy, that initial fee was hard to come by. Now they need more money for bookkeeping, payroll and lots more. I didn’t need many of these services as it’s just me but they told me that my business was doomed to fail if I didn’t get them. So I did. Each time I received a charge from them, it showed up as something totally different. The first charge was Manhattan Professional Group then it was All Access Books and Business Document Center and after the last call it was Vital Payroll, Inc. Why did they charge me under different names? A legitimate company, one that provides the services that it claims to, charges under the same name. For all I know Billy Joe Bob in Tumbleweed, Arkansas is getting my money.
    I’ve called them on numerous occasions and every time getting a different answer. I have been told that a supervisor would contact me and I have yet to hear from him. I’m starting to think this person doesn’t even exist. Who does business like this?
    ($17, 400) later, I am now on food stamps, facing a potential bankruptcy and God knows what else all because I trusted these people and they didn’t hold true to their word. The Tax Club (Manhattan Professional Group, All Access Books and Business Document Center or Vital Payroll, Inc. whatever they want to call themselves) hasn’t done anything but take food from my children’s mouths. I can’t feed them with empty promises! The worst business decision I have ever made was to get into bed with these crooks. I was struggling then and now I’m worse!! I’ve had to change my number several times because creditors keep calling for money and thanks to The Tax Club, I CANT PAY THEM! I thought the feeling of being ripped off from The Tax Club was bad. Try having to send your children to school with clothes too small because you didn’t have the money to buy them new school clothes. Or the pressure of making the little bit of money I get from food stamps stretch all month so my kids don’t go hungry. This is no way to live.
    I contacted my attorney on the steps that I needed to take in order to get my money reimbursed and he referred me to another law firm that better deals with companies like The Tax Club, whose sole purpose seems to be to bankrupt unsuspecting people like myself. I spoke with Richard at [protected]. He was really helpful and considerate of my situation, which is a lot more than I received from the “consultants” at The Tax Club. I did not have to pay anything upfront like The Tax Club, which gave me peace of mind. I couldn’t afford to get ripped off again. I was required to follow up with him a lot more than I had hoped for but all and all, it has been a success. I got my money and I’m just going to do the steps of opening my business the BEST way…and that’s WITHOUT The Tax Club.

Oct 22, 2012

So, to sum up everything...
    Savings…GONE Business…FAILED Bankruptcy…ALMOST Government Assistance…YUP Feeling like you can’t provide for your children…CHECK
    All thanks to the one and only The Tax Club, I mean Vital Payroll, Inc. Whoops! The Manhattan Professional Group. Oh, I’m sorry they have so many names :/
    But after speaking with Richard….
    Getting my money back and sticking it to The Tax Club ….PRICELESS!

• Ac
      Oct 25, 2012

GoGoGale is FULL OF CRAP!! http://www.scambook.com/report/view/171458/Anthony-Morrison-Complaint-171458-for-$17, 400.00

THIS PERSON HAS BEEN POSTING ON DIFFERENT COMPANIES WITH THE SAME POST. ITS A LIE! DO NOT BELIEVE IT AND THE [censored] IS PROBABLY ON FOODSTAMPS!

SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT!!! NICE TRY RICHARD! LIAR!

Anthony Morrison
    Complaint 171458 DetailsThumbs up0 Thumbs down Flag
    Date Occurred:04/07/2012Reported Damages:$17, 400.00
    I signed up with Anthony Morrison’s seminar “Secrets of a Self-Made Internet Millionaire” or PMI over 6 months ago and I have YET to see them make good on anything they said they were going to do!! I was told that all I had to do was pay the initial fee of ($4500) for a “workshop” and I would be able to get my business off the ground. Boy was I wrong!!!
    I started receiving calls from them nonstop, always asking for more money. I’m a single mother and with this economy, that initial fee was hard to come by. Now they need more money for website development and lots more. I didn’t need many of these services as it’s just me but they told me that my business was doomed to fail if I didn’t get them. So I did. Why did they charge me under different names? A legitimate company, one that provides the services that it claims to, charges under the same name. For all I know Billy Joe Bob in Tumbleweed, Arkansas is getting my money.
    I’ve called them on numerous occasions and every time getting a different answer. I have been told that Anthony Morrison or Adrian Morrison would contact me and I have yet to hear from him. I’m starting to think they don’t even exist. Who does business like this?
    ($17, 400) later, I am now on food stamps, facing a potential bankruptcy and God knows what else all because I trusted these people and they didn’t hold true to their word. Online Strategies, whatever they want to call themselves, hasn’t done anything but take food from my children’s mouths. I can’t feed them with empty promises! The worst business decision I have ever made was to get into bed with these crooks. I was struggling then and now I’m worse!! I’ve had to change my number several times because creditors keep calling for money and thanks to PMI, I CANT PAY THEM! I thought the feeling of being ripped off from Anthony Morrison was bad. Try having to send your children to school with clothes too small because you didn’t have the money to buy them new school clothes. Or the pressure of making the little bit of money I get from food stamps stretch all month so my kids don’t go hungry. This is no way to live. I mean I wanted to start a business so I wouldn’t have the worries and stressors of making ends meet.
    I contacted my attorney on the steps that I needed to take in order to get my money reimbursed and he referred me to another law firm that better deals with companies like PMI, whose sole purpose seems to be to bankrupt unsuspecting people like myself. I spoke with Richard at [protected]. He was really helpful and considerate of my situation, which is a lot more than I received from the “consultants” at PMI. I did not have to pay anything upfront like PMI or Online Strategies, which gave me peace of mind. I couldn’t afford to get ripped off again. I was required to follow up with him a lot more than I had hoped for but all and all, it has been a success. I got my money and I’m just going to do the steps of opening my business the BEST way…and that’s WITHOUT Anthony Morrison’s help or the help of PMI…WHOOPS! Online Strategies. Whatever THEY want to call themselves, I’m just going to stick to calling them SCAM ARTISTS!!!

So, to sum up everything...
    Savings…GONE
    Business…FAILED
    Bankruptcy…ALMOST
    Government Assistance…YUP
    Feeling like you can’t provide for your children…CHECK
    All thanks to the one and only Anthony Morrison and this outfit that he’s running.

After speaking to Richard, I got something a lot more valuable than I thought I would…Satisfaction!!
    Getting my money back and sticking it to Anthony Morrison ….PRICELESS!

GoGoGale SBID #2d77e2a916
    Posted 10/25/2012

• Ki
      Dec 10, 2012

Richard doesnt answer his phone EVER! Message says you have reached the legal department, please leave a message. Sounds like another scam to me. Probably the tax club.

Jan 25, 2013

First of all, when I did more research Anthony Morrison and The Tax Club ARE the same company so the only [censored] here is YOU!!! The Tax Club has their hands in a lot of other scams so if I have to post my story everywhere that The Tax Club is mentioned then I will do it because they are nothing but a scam!!! Anything to make others aware of these people.

Kittykatlover, I'm not sure why you haven't been able to reach him. Did you try leaving a message for him to contact you back? I had to leave a message the first time I called but was able to get through every other time I called so that's very weird hearing that. I'm sorry.

• Li
      Dec 03, 2013

My late husband got ripped off from The Tax Club. I want the money back. The account went to collection. I ended up paying 550 dollars. What a complete ripoff. My phone # is [protected]. My email is [protected]@live.com. Please help!