The North FaceSelling Fake merchandise

Company sold me a fake North Face Jacket. Will not return my phone calls or emails. When I reach them by phone, they are hateful and hang up on me. I have tried to go through the process of refund/return, but they purposely wait until after the 14 day return period and then will not give you an RMA# that you have to have in order to return the item. They have had several complaints with the Better Business Bureau (one of them being mine) and they have never responded to them. Isn't there something we can do to put this company out of business?

Comments

• El
      Nov 23, 2011

Which company sold you the fake?

Nov 23, 2011

I did not realize that people actually made fakes to take people's money. I'm from TN where we do not treat people this way and we sure aren't rude to people--like you! Are you the owner of denim basement?

Nov 23, 2011

Denim Basement-but from what I am finding out is that they have different names. Another name is Crawford Sales, who actually is one of the entities they have that ship out.

Nov 23, 2011

Upset, how is that either of us are rude? I asked you what company because the actual company The North Face wouldn't make counterfeits of their own product. Your complaint was titled the north face but your complaint is really with the Denim Basement or Crawford Sales. You inadvertently slandered The North Face.

Many times you will find an item sold through a reputable third party. Like Sephora sells Christian Dior. Or UGG boots can be ordered from Neiman Marcus. But when you order a name brand through an unknown third party, especially if is a lower price than market, you most likely are buying a fake. That is why there is the expression "let the buyer beware". You get what you paid for. New York is notorious for Canal Street and their bargain fakes. Louis Vuitton, Rolex, almost any name brand that is in demand. It is even joked about on TV. There is a big market for fakes and some people are ok with buying fakes because it looks close to real and it is a price they can afford. You have never heard of this? Did you get a good deal on the item ( and not wonder why)?

Nov 23, 2011

As far as your refund: if they don't make good, file a claim with your bank or credit card company.

Nov 23, 2011

I do have to make one additional comment: not everyone in Tennessee is polite and treat people right- just like all New Yorkers are considered rude but are not.

Nov 28, 2011

I was talking to "squibs". And yes I have heard of people being satisfied with fakes. But the bottom line is this company sold me merchandise as authentic and it wasn't. I'm sure North Face would understand regarding your slander comment. You are very quick to anger even though you were not the only one who commented on my complaint and did not know who I was talking to. But all the same, I appreciate you trying to educate me on life. My Bachelor's degree must have been fake too.

Nov 28, 2011

Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I am not easily angered and you did not have that affect on me. Was that your intention? Along with your degree, you should have gotten an education. English and grammar are a prerequisite, not an elective. Your comment was not written with direct reference to Squibs. You went on the defensive about your lack of awareness (fakes) yet you just commented you were aware of them. You were dealing with a business that not affiliated with The North Face; is there a reason that you used this company- not order from The North Face directly or another well known company affiliated with them? No red flags like 'special' pricing? Also, Sqibs was not rude to you, so why would one ASSume that it was written to Squibs? And, you seemed to be angered by Squibs' simple, blunt, and honest assessment that you accused Squibs of being the owner; like anyone who might dispute your opinion would just HAVE TO BE the owner, not other consumers.

Seems to me, SOME people from Tennessee Arude...

Nov 28, 2011

Oops, meant for it to say " are rude" . It was a typo. After all, I can't have bad writing skills; I have a bachelors degree too. FYI: I have had my degree for over 20 years and it has no significance to this conversation any more than your mention of your degree. Only recent graduates think it elevates themselves to a higher status in life experience. Which you are obviously lacking; because as wrong as this company is for selling counterfeits, so is your justified ignorance. Do yourself a favor and just file a claim with your bank and chalk this up as a life lesson. "If it is too good to be true, it is too good to be true" and "Let the buyer beware".

Exactly, Iron Muffin!

Nov 29, 2011

No, my intention was not to make anyone mad, but to just state my case to those that are looking into buying from this company. There is no sense in going into all that you said. That is not what this website is about. And when someone makes a reference regarding my education or knowledge, I do get defensive, just like you did. I'm glad you have had your degree for over 20 yrs, but what is the point of this website if the only thing a reader is worried about is someone else's grammer. Again, my intention was to state my case and try to keep someone from making the same mistake I did. End of discussion.

Nov 29, 2011

The 'discussion' was ended as soon as you made your first rude comment back to your replies. The rest was simply a lesson you were most definitely in need of.