The Healthy Back Institute / promotional material missed critical information

United States Review updated:

I read a promotional article on the Internet issued by The Healthy Back Institute regarding an Inversion Table that was supposed to remedy back problems. It came with a 30 day money back guarantee. I ordered the Table and paid $30.00 to have it shipped to me. When it arrived, I noticed it had a clear statement that one must have someone else in attendance when a person is using the table. This key information was not in any promotional material I received and if it was I would not have ordered it because I do not have anyone who could stand by me every time I wanted to use it. I shipped it back and received a refund of the cost of the table. It cost me $70 to ship it back and with the $30.00 I paid them to ship it to me I am out of pocket $100.00. They advertized another Inversion Table that was totally different from the original one I received and would not require someone to be at my side when I used it. I asked them to deduct the $100.00 I paid for shipping and I would buy the second product. They informed me they would not do that. I would not buy another product from The Healthy Back Institute because they should stand behind what they are selling and if they omitted key information that should have been included in their promotional material then they should absorb the cost.

Mr
Apr 09, 2013

Comments

Oct 01, 2012
    The Healthy Back Institute - They charging me every month
    The Healthy Back Institute

I ordered a trail tub of tablets, and a tube of cream. Payment came out of my credit card account on 13th November. Then an other unordered tub of tablets came the next month. Payment was taken on 13th December.This order I will return. My fear is that more payments will be taken on the 13th of each month.

• Ev
      Apr 18, 2013

Hi there,
    We are currently not aware of any statements that are included when our Inversion Tables ship from the manufacturer that one must have someone else in attendance when a person is using the table. However we are contacting our manufacturer in regards to this matter and we appreciate your feedback on this! We will refund you for the Free Trial charge of $19.95 (US dollars that was charged when order was placed) and also $70 that was ship charge back to us. Please contact our Customer Service to let us know what address you would like the refund check to be mailed to. Thanks again for your feedback!
    Regards,