The Epoxy Resin Store / epoxy bait and switch

1 Pomona, CA, United States Review updated:

Received shipment from: The Epoxy Resin Store - Tammie Duffield
360 SE End Street, Pomona, CA 91766 US
Phone: [protected]

Received Shipment today March 2, 2018 but not what I ordered. Shipping date is February 26, 2018.
I ordered 12 pounds of resin and hardener combined weight, of "Marine Guard 8000". What I received is a "no brand" likely cheaper version. This is the first time I've ever had this happen with an online purchase and obviously I don't like it.

Jo
Mar 2, 2018

More The Epoxy Resin Store Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Th
      23rd of Mar, 2018

Ordered liquid diamonds it turned out to be a bad batch and they promised to send a replacement after a month of calling now they don’t answer or return my calls. This stuff was junk and I have dealt with resin for over 30 years. The hollow promises of this company to make things right is ridiculous.

6th of Jun, 2018

I've ordered Clearcast 7000 and Clearcast 7050 from this company several times with good service. Suddenly it's gone to *** I was assured by Mike on the phone that if I ordered "expedited shipping" on May 25th I'd receive my order by June 1st.

No resin. After several emails and phone messages I have heard nothing back, none of their extensions are being answered, and yesterday I finally got an email that my order is "on the way." When I click the tracking info the screen says the order is still in "Pre-shipment." Are they going out of business?

Should I tell American Express? Can anyone recommend a good substitute for Clearcast 7050 from a company that actually delivers and communicates?

I see that other complaints started happening in March 2018. As they now answer the phone "Superior Plastics, " I wonder if The Epoxy Resin Store has been taken over by trolls.

25th of Sep, 2018

Follow up: I finally received my (fairly large quantity) of resin and the catalyst (Part B) had already turned very yellow. This is an indication that it's past its shelf life, and castings made with it will most likely continue to turn more yellow in time. As I make clear castings, this was unusable. They ignored my attempts to contact them until I disputed the charge with my credit card company - then they wanted to send me more Part B. I was already past my deadline and couldn't be sure it would be good product, so I asked for my money back. They did NOT give it back, but the credit card company did. This used to be a good company, but clearly something has gone wrong.