The Cattle ExchangeHORRIBLE COMPANY..BEWARE

1 Review updated:

I was harrassed by 2 of their salesmen regarding their meat products. They were going to sell me a box of beef and then gave 2 chicken boxes free. The total was $459 and I got no receipts and the salesman immediately asked where my bank and what was the closest one. They gave me no return or warranty information. He said he was going to give me a receipt but then he forgot he didn't have his receipt book. After they left, I did a little research and found their website adn realized that they had charged me TRIPLE what the prices were on their website. I was angry. We also discovered that the meats are no where near the weights they guarentee and it is old meat. I called the number listed for them on the website and a child answered the phone. I then found a different number and the woman that answered the phone assured me that I could return the products. I was very leary of these people at this time after reading the numerous complaints for the same thing so I made sure my husband was home when they said they would pick it back up. At this time, a different salesman came to our door and said he was in the neighborhood and he was contacted for a return. He took all the products in the same packages and box but he didn't have our check or a refund for us. Luckily I called my bank immediatley and they check had not been presented so I did an immediate stop pay so I would not be out $450 and have nothing. During the next month a very rude lady, Linda, called repeatedly about the check and she wanted the money. I left a total of 17 messages on variuos phone numbers listed on their website and emailed the address listed but I never heard from anyone regarding this. Only they would leave messages at the strangest times of the day and when I would call back it was just to a voice mail. Although I am not out any money, I would like others to be aware since I still see their vehicles driving through our neighborhoods.

Un

Comments

• Ve
      Jun 24, 2009

i have to disagree with the comment by unhappy, i made a purchase on last week from this company in the amount of $712.00 and later found i had made an emergency and could not keep the product. i followed the instructions on the pamplet that was left with me and mailed it in, i received a call from Linda at corporate office she was very nice and told me she would arrange to have the meat picked up and my money refunded, . with Linda help i received my refund today. unhappy since you stop payment on the check maybe the compay was just trying to get thier money. if that is the case maybe that is why you considered her rude, i can only say nice things about her and the company.

• Sh
      Apr 02, 2010

I have used this company several times and am total satisfiied with them. Yesterday was my first delivery in the last 18 months. I had totally run out of everything. B oth my monther and i use them and am very satisfied with them.
    Asheville, NC