Tel3Advantage / Scam

1 1001 NW 163rd DriveMiami, FL, United States Review updated:

In January 2005, I purchased $25 worth of long distance service from Tel3Advantage (through Tel3Advantage.com), and was given an additional $7.25 as part of a promotional offer. As of the end of 2006, I had only made a few calls and had a balance of approximately $28. In late December 2006, I began getting emails stating that Tel3 Advantage was unsuccessful in recharging my credit card. Since I knew that this service didn't have an expiration date, I called to find out why they were trying to recharge my credit card. I was told that my balance had been used, and that they were showing a lot of calls made from Iowa. I explained that I hadn't been to Iowa, nor do I know anyone there. They said that they would refer the matter to their corporate office as a possible fraud case, and that I should hear something in 10-15 days. When I didn't hear anything during that time, I called back and was told that someone would be contacting me shortly. A few days later, a Turkish woman named Betul left a message on my answering machine (which I still have) stating that I would be receiving a $25 refund within 10-15 days. When I didn't receive a refund, I called Betul on Feb 26, 2007, and she initially told me that my refund would be $20, not $25. Then she had me hold the line for a moment. When she returned, she said that she had just found out that in order for me to receive a refund, I would need to give her another credit card number, which she would use to set up another $25 account and then credit my refund onto that new account. I asked if I could have a copy of the calls that were made on my account "from Iowa", but was told that I couldn't.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      15th of Feb, 2010

Total scam. Got ripped by them. Paid my cell phone company more than $450 for international calls because the acess #'s provided by Tel3 did not work. Stay away from this scam!!!

• Gu
      3rd of Mar, 2011

Stay away from this horrible company. For a luck of a better option, I have used Tel3Advantage to call Poland many times, testing from different phones (both land lines and mobile), and the quality of their connection had always been very bad. Imagine speaking to someone, hearing their voice but not being able to distinguish one word from another. I also had calls dropped many times, and it was almost impssible to call on weekends. So frustrated with their connection quality, I called them today to close my account. There is still $18.36 dollars on my account, and I was told they have a "no return policy", meaning this money will not be returned to me. Is this a joke or a crime? Do yourself a favour and stay away from this horrible company.

• Po
      21st of May, 2011

I have this company and I also have an iPhone before I found out the had an application all I did was follow the directions online and NOT PRESS POUND and I didn't get any charges by AT&T. Then I downloaded the application so now I don't even have to dial any access numbers. I just dial from my speed dials and I have not had any problems. I think you only had a problem because you didn't know what you were doing and didn't follow directions.

• 20
      24th of Jan, 2012

Tel3Advantage is scamming customers in every possible way. Calls to Cuba are at 81.5 cents per minute. Every extra minute is VERY noticeable. If you make 3 minute 20 second call they will charge you for 5 minutes. So far, I made 12 calls, 2 of them did not go thru but Tel3 charged me for those 2 calls at 3 minutes and 2 minutes. The timing of 2 calls were 2 minutes apart so it was impossible to speak for 3 minutes if the next call was connected 2 minutes later. They tell you that their charges are correct despite your explanations. They are scammers. Stay away from them. I am contacting my credit card company to dispute charges and will also contact BBB, consumer affairs and attorney general office. I recomment everyone who was scammed by tel3advantage to do the same.

• Ha
      28th of Feb, 2013

The quality of their connection had always been very bad. I called them today to close my account. There is still $9.16 dollars on my account, and I was told they have a "no return policy", meaning this money will not be returned to me. my name abdelhamid