TCF Bank / Fees and Scams

1 IL, United States Review updated:

This bank is terrible. I set up a simple student checking account back when I go my first job. They convienently leave out all of their ridiculous charges and fees when you sign up. They told me that if I set up direct deposit that I wouldn't be charged any fees and yet every month I am charged at least two fees. They also will save transactions and then when you are getting low on the money you are keeping with them, a three week old transaction appears out of nowhere, saying it just went through. Today is Dec. 11 and I have been trying to close out my account for three weeks now bc I put my money in a Chase account (great bank so far) and a transaction from Nov 26 just went through and I have numerous 2 week old transactions still pending. It's a scam to try to get you to overdraft. This bank is terrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Stay away from the stress and scams of TCF bank.

Comments

• Ni
      30th of Dec, 2011

[censored] tcf bank. My girlfriend banks with tcf bank and they pretty much screwed her the [censored] over. Okay she had five dollars in her account and because of a recent non-tcf atm withdrawal she was charged 2.50 at the atm (of course that is expected) but then they charged an extra atm fee through the bank itself which put her negative by a few bucks and every single day she was negative which happend to be 3 days they charged her 28 dollars every single day that she was negative on her account.

You know what okay charge the extra atm fee but there has to be some legalities here they are [censored]in treading on because how can the bank itself make you go negative and then impose extra fees because they made you went negative. I had a furious conversation with them on the phone and mind you i had to hold back just a bit but the guy on the phone could only remove 14 dollars of 3 overdraft fees.

Tcf bank will burn in hell and as i type my girlfriend is getting ready to goto the bank and take all her money to go to a different bank ( wells fargo :) )

This bank feeds on the poor and is making a wealthy living off of it. Please people do not bank with this bank!