Tax Defense Network / Fraud, Scam, Watch Out

FL, United States Review updated:

I recently decided to confront my looming IRS problems, which I was very hesitant/embarrassed about doing. I chose Tax Defense Network because they had a good Better Business Bureau rating, although the representative was very rude on the phone-I should have ran away then!! He told me I would be facing jail time if I didn't work out my issues-which I found out later was a lie. Once I hired them, they gave themselves power of attorney to sign documents on my behalf which I never approved. This resulted in the filing of papers that essentially make it impossible for you to make any payments or do anything tax wise for what can be years! It was a tactic used in order to prolong the process rather than reduce what I owed. It doesn't matter how much time passes-I will never be able to afford what the IRS says I owe. On top of these worries, I now have years and years looming over my head knowing I'll still owe the IRS just as much when all of this is over. When I called to tell Tax Defense Network about my disappointment they were extremely rude and refused to refund my money. They did not deliver on any of the promises they made and I am an extremely upset customer.

Li

Comments

• Td
      6th of Apr, 2012

LilyS your experience is not the how Tax Defense Network conducts its business, as we like to give our clients an ideal experience. We encourage you to give our Gold Star Customer Care department a call at 1-877-856-5118 or email at [protected]@taxdefensenetwork.com so we can resolve this issue immediately.

• Po
      17th of Apr, 2012

LilyS, have you called the Gold Star Customer Care department to resolve the issue? If so, what was the response and were you satisfied. From the amount of negative complaints I've seen across the internet I'm assuming something is up with TDN; however, this is the first post I've seen where TDN actually responded and offered to help. It would be nice to know if this is a legit offer on their behalf. I have some IRS tax issues and was thinking about hiring them, but want to know everything about them before doing so. Thanks!

• 12
      6th of Jul, 2012

Lucy,
    If you have complaints about Tax Defense Network, please read this article: http://www.jgtaxgroup.com/[redacted]s/tax-defense-network. Also, contact the Attorney Generals Office here: http://myfloridalegal.com/contact, and the Better Business Bureau here: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

• Ib
      24th of Dec, 2015

I agree with this; I recently had the same issue they told me they could removed or reduce my debt to the IRS they did neither. I was paying $150 a month for a tax settlement after paying Tax defense Network $2500 to handle my case I now have to pay the IRS $308.00 a month, there was no reduction of anything. When I told the representative (Stacy Kurtz EA) I could not afford they $308 a month. She was not concerned...

• Ib
      4th of Jan, 2016

After posting my complaint! Tax defense network contacted me to resolve my issue, they waived the remaining fees to them so that I could use the money towards the outstanding tax debt. I am satisfied with the resolution.