TAPSCON / Refusal of Refund

1 Clearwater, FL, United States Review updated:

My wife and I also bought tickets for TAPSCON 2009 because we missed the 2008 convention. Both of us were looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good time. We never received a letter or email alerting us that this event was canceled. We were about to purchase airline tickets which would have compounded the issue. Luckily, my wife went to the website to check the speaker list.

I will complain with the Florida Dept of Consumer Protection; however I am afraid the money is lost. If we are not given a refund, we should consider taking legal action as a group.

Pe

More TAPSCON Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Da
      7th of May, 2009

I absolutely agree with you. On his website, he talks about the hotel and their "breach of contract". However, that is EXACTLY what he has done. We had a contract with him to attend an event on specific dates and moving the event to some unknown date in the very distant future is NOT a postponement. I think we should all gather together and file a complaint against HIM for breach of contract.

Any laywers out there who can give us some guidance?

• Mi
      28th of Jun, 2009

TAPSCON 2 Victims need to call our main number at 727-464-6200 and request that a complaint form be mailed to them. Theyll need to fill out the form and return it along with any documentation that they have.If they file the online form, it just delays the process.
    Investigator Rick Adkins
    Pinellas County Government
    Department of Justice & Consumer Services
    15251 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 209
    Clearwater, FL 33760
    Office: 727-464-6459
    radkins@co.pinellas.fl.us
    Fax: 727-464-6129"

I called this investigator on Friday. You need to get the paperwork and proof in to the Department of Justice so we can get Brent Fair and make him pay!

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx (Internet Crimes Bureau...don't forget to put his name BRENT FAIR on there as well as TAPSCON 2009)

(Dateline NBC story ideas. I put a very short explaination on there. Don't use too much emotion right off the bat; many times they just want the facts that you are not getting your money back. That's what I've seen in the past with other stories in print, TV, etc. Also do not forget to use his name BRENT FAIR/TAPSCON2009)

(the story I just found that local news did on this)

Please keep in touch with me about this. I'd like to get this guy. I"m out $614.00 for an Odyssey Hunt that was NEVER planned. He simply made up the webpage and sold the tickets. The Biltmore had no intention of having this Hunt. Apparently, Mr. Fair never even got that far.

The band from last year sued him too, and won because he, and his girlfriend and fellow planner, Nancy Planeta, never showed up to Civil Court in Pinellas County. Search for the Civil Courts of Pinellas County and enter FAIR, BRENT and you will find it.

Mimi