Talent Hunter / Refsues to cancel subsription

1 Sherman Oaks, CA, United States Review updated:

THIS COMPANY REFUSEs to comply with any complaints or investigations including the BBB. They kept charging my card although every month I canceled the subscription. When I charged back the charges they TRIED to fine me $100

I finally have filed complaints with the BBB, my states Attorney General Office, the California Attorney General, and also the US Attorney General for wire fraud. My bank said they were unable to recover my money since the account the charges were paid to has been closed.

I am trying to have their VISA/Master Card authorizations revoked, but I fear the money has gone overseas, and will never be seen again.

BE SMART AND AVOID THESE FOOLS.
I had to cancel my card and block all future authroizations from their merchant account number

Comments

• Sm
      2nd of Dec, 2008

they are a scam.

• Lu
      3rd of Dec, 2008

This company is the biggest scam there is. I've been billed monthly even though I canceled my subscription months ago. They refuse to refund me and conveniently for them their 24 hours a day 7 days a week customer service line is never "available" and they request they we don't leave a voice-mail. Stay away from this company as much as you can. As, furthermore, if you dispute the payment on your debit card . . . they even fine you! What a fraud!

• Lu
      3rd of Dec, 2008

You are right. This company is an outright fraud. They billed me for a year of service and when I tried to cancel suddenly became unavailable. So I went online to try to cancel, and they used that as proof to the credit card company that I am using the service! Beware!

• Se
      4th of Dec, 2008

I recently signed up with TH. I have a basic membership still cause I was kinda shocked when I found out that in order to find out about becoming a movie extra, YOU have to pay THEM to give the info to you. Well, I didn't want to bother, but I didnt cancel my profile. I never gave them any money at all. Well, all of a sudden I get this "ugent" message in my TalentHunter email from a so called casting agent. she said she was interested in having me become an extra and that her co. was looking for extras in my city (garden city Michigan). Well, seems that in order for me to write to her, I would HAVE to purchase a membership. I had a bad feeling about this so called "talent agent". I think what Talen hunter does, is finds all the people that havent yet subscribed to their service and sends them a fake email telling the person that they are wanted in a movie, just so you go ahead and pony up the dough. then only to find out that there really was no talent agent, it was a lie, and they keep your cash...STAY AWAY FROM TALENT HUNTER!

• Or
      7th of Feb, 2009

I agree 100.500.00.00% x PI.

ANY agency that asks for $$ up front is @#$%& scam and they know it and they should all get kicked in the ### and sent out of the country!!! The sad thing is most of them are like that now and people either are too naive or too weak-or both-to do anything about that.
    I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country, I'm only speaking about my experiences here on the East Coast. (I have however done some script work and such out on the Left Coast, but anyway...)
    I would walk into an agency, they star talking fees and I say "Why would I wanna give YOU money? I wanna make money. That's why I'm here." You start talkin' like that they don't wanna see you.
    I'd come in with my own headshots and resumes too in some cases, right away they start with "Oh these are no good, we'll set you up with quality product..."
    They're talkin' to me like some bush leaguer meanwhile I'm at it since '91. I hadn't even finished high school yet.
    Well after years of this, I eventually wound up homeless because my ability to make a living was effectively destroyed by these wastes of sperm.
    I swear, it's a sad day in America when a person can't make a living in their chosen profession. What the hell's goin' on here?!

12th of Feb, 2009

I would like to comment on Talent Hunter. I have never given out my credit card information to them and never will. I recently have received emails from them claiming that I was perfect for an audition in Lompoc, California and they were doing a Sprite commerical. Well, before you can respond to them you have to give out your credit card number. No way! I did that with Explore Talent and they took all my money plus my bank closed my account because of them and put me through Chex Systems. Don't give our your account information!

• Me
      19th of Feb, 2009

I had two roommates who got sucked into different versions of this scam--there are probably half a dozen of these so-called "audition" sites. Sometimes they have physical offices where you show up and they tell you to get a tan and lose 10 pounds, but, of course, you have to pay them for this advice. NEVER give your credit card or bank account information to a "talent scout" or job referral system up front. A legit. manager or agent wouldn't want money up front, so certainly some web site with casting call information has NO reason to need your money before they perform any service for you. You're better off building a resume the old fashioned, heart breaking, soul-sucking way.

• Mi
      25th of Feb, 2009

I had a basic membership, sent me some email from a "casting agent" who viewed me profile and thought I was perfect for the part in a commercial.. I was skeptical of course.. but figure i would try and signed up the the 3day trial and cancel before the $39.99 subscription starts..
    So I signed up for the gold membership and replied back to their casting director email.. I didnt hear anything from them ..most of the booking notices they match you with arent always in your locations although its listed.
    They also make it hard to find the cancel email address...(no telephone number) I filled out the cancellation form and Ive been waiting for hours for them to send me a confirmation emails...Luckily I used my paypal account to sign up for this so I was able cancel through them.. Would Not Recommend

• Di
      1st of Mar, 2009

I totally agree with everybody who has written their complants below this complaint. I was home alone, and so I decided, since I really want to get into the show biz industry that I would sign up for something that would give me just that. First thing I saw and signed up for was Talent Hunter. I have got a e-mail from them saying that I could be a movie extra in Twilight, and so I freaked out! I believed them! I got so excited and told all of my friends and forwarded the e-mail to E.V.E.R.Y.B.O.D.Y. practiclly gloating. Well, I wanted to reply, but I couldn't. I wanted to ask them information about where I would go to be the movie extra. You know, NEEDED stuff like that. There was nothing on that subject. I then got a little sence and got more hesitant on this site. That all faded when I got a e-mail from this one girl, Kristina C or something like that, saying I would be perfect for a comercial. Well, then I started getting all excited again. Grr. I wish I hadn't. I sent her back an e-mail, asking for needed stuff and saying my dad needs to know that who you are is who you say you are. When I pressed send, it didn't work. I had to pay money. NO WAY!!! I then started looking through stuff about TALENT HUNTER, and figured out it was a froud. So since then, I went back on and looked EVERYWHERE for the un-subscribe button. No where in site. My moral, STAY AWAY FROM TALENT HUNTER!!!

P.S. If you know where the un-subscribe button is, please reply back. Thanks.
    P.S.S. Thanks for reading my story, even though it was really long - kinda...

~Peace~

• Be
      5th of Mar, 2009

diddoz, yeah they purposely made it difficult to unsubscribe. you have to send an email to cancellations@talenthunter.com. then you will get an auto response with a link to fill out some form to cancel it, and then when you click it they will say, oh we're sorry you're not happy, we will give you 30 days free! dont do it. once you submit the cancellation form they send you another email saying they are processing your cancellation. hopefully after that they will leave you alone.

that website really is crappy. i almost fell for it too but i had a bad feeling about it and refused to pay any money to them until i searched google a bit to see if it was a scam. turns out my gut instinct was correct.

• Ni
      5th of Mar, 2009

OH MY!!! I received the same emails.. lol from the same girl (Kristina C) WOW!! I also got excited about the Sprite commercials and movie roles that I "was a perfect match for" and was going to join the 3-day subscription but because I ALWAYS check companies out before giving my money or bank information I came across all this & saved myself a tremendous headache as well as some jail time. LOL because I would have gone Postal. I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who posted their complaints so that others, especially myself, wouldn't suffer the same bad outcome. I hope everything works out for those who weren't so lucky. I also suggest that if you haven't already, pay a visit to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and make your complaint formal. The BBB does an investigation and the results follow the company.

Nique

• Ki
      7th of Mar, 2009

Oh My God. I can't believe this. I thought that Talent Hunter would be a great way to jump start my career, im only 14, but by reading some of these comments. I'm NEVER going back to Talent Hunter again. You see, I made a basic -free- profile there like about a month ago and started getting messages from.. guess who.. Kristina C. Well I told my mom that I wanted to get the gold deal or whatever the hell it was so I could send a message to the so called Kristina C. and tell her that I was interested in the commercial because you have to pay to send messages. Just 15 minutes ago I was practically begging my mom to let me join, these people aren't cheap. They charge you 40 bucks for just one month. Well I guess that my computer doesn't likes Talent Hunter because whenever I went to upload my picture, it never let me. So, I go on google to see if anyone else has had this problem and I end up finding this website, basically telling me that TH is a fraud and to not give it my money. I should have known better, I went to John Casablanca -a modeling school- and they tell you that any company that asks you for money upfront is probably a fraud. Thanks to this site, I'm saving alot of money. Thanks guys, you don't know how much I appreciate it.

Oh and P.S: If any of you get messages from Kristina C., It's probably fake because I've noticed that lots of people have been getting messages from her saying the same thing.

P.S.S: Thanks for reading, I know it's kinda long. -Kimberly R.

• Me
      16th of Mar, 2009

Well I fell for it. Bought the 12 month subscription and all the offers (same as the above!! So funny) evaporated magically. I'm a professional but I needed an 'in' to the Los Angeles market because the casting agency I had been working through had closed their doors there. I really should have called their other offices for a referal. Thankfully I needed the tax write-off.
    I have gotten some good information as far as casting agency addresses and I Google them for submission instructions (the way Talent Hunter has you submit your headshot / resume is a guarantee round file deposit before being opened). I have yet to land any work through TH but I have made phone contact with several producers and am going to be submitting my info to more in the future. I will NOT renew and I'm really mad about the bait and switch tactic. Those agents who saw our 'free' profiles and wanted us for their commercials were complete fakes. I do feel stupid about it.
    Most of my current work has been through Craigslist but again, beware. If they ask for money to audition, they're in the business of auditioning, not casting projects. I should have known * I should have known * I DID KNOW but I ignored my inner screamer * I should have known!!!
    I'm happy to say that the free networking sites I've joined have gotten me work in a film, TV commercials, and as a staff writer for a TV show...so I guess I chalk this one up to experience and I'm so glad I found these sites...just wish I'd done my homework before paying.

• Ne
      19th of Mar, 2009

TALENT HUNTER IS A SCAMMMM PLEASE DO NOT JOIN IF U KNO LIKE I KNO U WILL STAY AWAY FROM THAT SITE AND PLEASE DONT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!!!

• Na
      23rd of Mar, 2009

wow i almost signed up for talent hunter too but as soon as i did they made me PAY for a "gold" membership and i got all excited well NEVER do it it is a total waste of time and if you pay money!!! i think they make up all the post on their website because everywhere you look there is only good post on how they jump started their "careers" UGH never do it it is a total lie !!!

• Ta
      23rd of Mar, 2009

same here!! I got an email from a lady in L.A to be an extra in a movie. I got so excited. 200 dollars is quite a bit of money for a kid. Anyways. Does anyone know any good sites you can use?

•   10th of Apr, 2009

hi my name is #$% any one who want to make it on big screen with these f up want to act like there ur friend and there say anything to get u in and its all a lie ive done it one time and they swere to u the hole world and take ur money these peolpe are from jail and scam artis they know how to get the money if not there sent people to you house and do a random on u everyone needs to be veryveryveryvery care full with this scam want your money want to hurt u P.S go to school and learn school of film and acting .com take care your real friend #$%

• Na
      15th of Apr, 2009

well i was about to join right this minitue, thanks everyone for your story's and stuff.
    so yea thanks!! any more sites that arent scamms?

• El
      28th of Apr, 2009

This company is the biggest lie they are professionals in FRAUD!, please dont let them laugh at us good and hard working people. They need to be stop!, i tell you what happened to me on January this year 1/12/2009. I subscribed to TH to receive information about different agencies on what they offer, for my cousin as a gift for her, because she is intrested in modeling, i choose to pay $12. monthly instead of ayear subscription, but they charge me $149.99 amount that I didn't authorized. I try to cancel, no luck, I try to called them, no answer I send emails, a ghost email respond, oh you need to fill out an cancelation application. I call my bank told them what happend they find out the company is a fraud and return my money i was happy they didn't got my money, But surprisely now in April i see in my bank account a deduction of $149.99, the bank paid themaffecting my account on other transactions my bank charge me 6 times $35.00 on different pending transactions i called and complaint with the bank and they said that that THIS DELINQUENT COMPANY GAVE THEM VALID DOCUMENTAION FOR THIS TRANSACTION TODAY 4/28/09 MY ACCOUNT IS --$171. is very unfair that the bank paid them and am the one AFFECTED BECAUSE OF THIS SCAMM COMPANY, I will fight to get my money back from the bank dont let this happen to anyone else. Elaine,

• Ig
      7th of May, 2009

omg i wish i found this sooner! i just gave them my card and i cant get out of it god that is just my luck... i got scamed dont use talent hunter