Surepayroll / Would not cancel my account

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I've paid extra $2710 because i've used Surepayroll. Don't use them!!!

I have started using SurePayroll in May 2011, for 2 employees.
It was my first payroll company and my employees were new.
Surepayroll representative told me that they will take care of everything. However, in November 2011, I received a letter from NY state regarding not paying unemployment insurance for fine of 24, 000. I was never told by Surepayroll rep that its required.
I've decided to stop using Surepayroll because of that, however the saga continues.
I've called Surepayroll rep to cancel my services and he advised me to continue till January 2012 as otherwise they wouldn't file the taxes on my behalf.
I have called them in January and asked to stop the service. They have told me that I need to fax them a signed paper.
I've faxed them the signed paper on January 17th or 18th, and I thought that would be it.
But no...they NEVER received my fax. Is it my issue that their fax was broken? I received authorization when I sent the fax.
As of today 5/3/2012 -> they have charged me $210 extra and they don't want to refund it.
Experience with Surepayroll costs me $2710 extra in total (my fee for unemployment insurance was cut down to $2500) ! I would have been so much better going with a more reliable company, such as Paychex.

Comments

• Su
      3rd of May, 2012

I'm sorry to hear this. Please know we are committed to offering the best service and customer care possible. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to help you resolve this as quickly as possible. If you could provide me the company name, your full name, your email address, and a phone number that I may use to contact you, I will get started on resolving your issues right away. Please contact me at [protected]@surepayroll.com.
    Thanks,
    Jamal Aayad
    Director, Customer Care

19th of Nov, 2015

I have not used their service in nearly 2 years, and I just found out that I have been billed every month since, even though their website has it written in plain text that you are only billed as often as payroll runs and the cost is calculated according to how many active employees you have. I have had no active employees in this time period, and I have not run payroll in that same time either. When I called to find out about it, I was told I needed to cancel, so I tried, but ended up not being cancelled and threatened with legal action if I closed out that account and did not keep paying them!