Sunnyvale Travels / Pathetic and disgusting service

This is to report the pathetic experience I have had with Sunnyvale travels. A couple of weeks ago I needed to book a ticket to India. At the time of booking, I was advised to fly via Cathay Pacific as it was supposed to be cheaper and have the same level of experience as Singapore Airlines. Also it was informed that the flight could easily be rescheduled. However, later on when I actually needed to reschedule the flight, I was told that it cannot be done on all days as the airlines only flies on 3 days of the week and not every day. What is surprising is that they did not consider it necessary to inform their passengers of the complete flight restrictions and try to do a hard sell of Cathay. On top of it, the agent involved retorted back suggesting that she had suggested Singapore Airlines. As I did net-surfing , I came across a similar complaint filed by somebody earlier and I thought I should highlight the poor/rude behavior of Sunnyvale Travel agents.

Thanks,
Proneet.

Pr

More Sunnyvale Travels Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ra
      17th of Nov, 2007

I totally agree on the rude behavior and the poor service of the representatives. They obviously have no knowledge of how to talk to customers and appear disinterested in doing any business since they hardly respond to your calls mails.To share my experience and not mentioning any names I'll even mention who the rude representative is - she is a family member of the owner of this travel agency as they go by the same last name. Once when I had the person create an itinerary for me and I had to change the return date she responded with a tone that suggested annoyance that she had to go through the trouble of changing it and on the same call made a dig at my last name (which didn't seem funny to me). From that day onwards, whenever I am asked by my friends and relatives for a travel agency i make sure to advise them against approaching this agency. I also found it funny that the owner of the agency once posted a mail to a similar complaint site asking them to remove the complaint as it was 'hurting' their business. I'm glad that's happening.

p.s - In total contrast to Sunnyvale, Baba Travels (also in CA, USA) is genuinely responsive and they give you good deals, AND YES, they are polite too..