Sun Communities Sheffield Estates Michigan / sheffield estates prison or mobile home park?

Lo Review updated:

If you want to feel like you are living in a prison sheffield estates is the place for you! Giving out wrongful violations and write ups for on street parking! They never enforced the on street parking until the latest manager started and sheffield has had many since sun communities took over. Managers who have lived in the park are guilty of the no parking in street rule themselves! And the maintenance man should be wearing a prison warden's uniform! It's gotten to be not very enjoyable to live here with the newest manager and maintenance man aka prison warden.

Comments

• Br
      Jan 31, 2012

Hello, my name is Bryan Hamburger and I am the Regional Vice President over Sheffield Estates. Please feel free to give me a call at 248-208-2575 or e-mail [protected]@suncommunities.com and we can address your concerns further.

• Lo
      Mar 08, 2012
    Sheffield Estates Sun Communities Auburn Hills Mi - mobile home park
    Michigan

The Sheffield Estates Prison Warden is at it again!

• Al
      Mar 17, 2012

I had an interview a few years ago for a local community they owned nearby for an $8/hr office job. They had me drive all the way to their headquarters in Southfield, because they were trying to be shady about hiring someone to replace a current employee before they canned her. Real nice folks. With gas sitting at $4/gal, it was great to have to drive 60 miles in one day - and I didn't get hired, even though I had the same job before with another management firm, made more money, and had better benefits but the company closed up shop.

They are all scam artists at Sun because they bought out another community near me and are being fined by the township over issues with not maintaining the septic system.

• Lo
      May 10, 2012

Now they are giving free garden items and flowers. Technically it's not really free since they raise the rent EVERY year for unknown and proven reasons. So the residents are indirectly paying for them.

• Di
      May 01, 2013

To put it bluntly if I had somewhere to go I'd leave in a heart beat. I've lived in Sheffield estates for approx 20 years now. Until sun communities took over approx 8-10 years ago the park was great. Sure it had its issues but nothing compared to how it is now. At least the previous owners seemed to care. Since sun took over, the park has gone downhill fast. To start the lot rent (keep in mind this is only for a piece of dirt and grass I own the home)is at an all time high and keeps climbing i pay over 600 a month for the lot alone and I know there are others who pay more. I've contacted sun management both corporate and in park to no avail as to an answer for these hikes. On top of that theres illegitimate tickets, stray cats gallor, constant management turnover. Recently I learned a possible reason for the rent hikes was forcing old residents out to make room for more single wides that go to low income people and well fare cases at 99 a month. WTF If that's true we as a community need to band together and straighten these F-ers out! I can't stand what's happening to my neighbor hood. In the last 2 months kids have started fires and fights, and there's been gang activity in here for the first time in my knowledge. If your looking for a place to live stay away from here. Its just not worth it.

• Pr
      Jun 10, 2013

I strongly agree with you. I too have lived here about as long and it used to be a lot better. This latest manager is the worst we've had. The rent goes up every year but we are not given specific reasons why. Now there are at least two others besides the maintenance man working around. Maybe that's why the rent is raised to pay the maintenance man's sidekicks. My neighbor just got a rule reminder and they said were given two days to correct it. That's crazy! Never were given just two days before why now? I could go on and on.

• Un
      Jun 16, 2013

Now Sun Communities Sheffield Estates has the maintenance man sidekick working on Sundays too! No one has ever worked on a Sunday here before. The only ones would be someone at the pool or someone to come for emergency. That's why they raise the rent every year-- to hire more people to ride around in the cart all day. The way they run things now with yet another new manager its becoming more like a prison than a pleasant place to live. (Referring to someone else's comment) And they are probably getting paid overtime for it too

Feb 21, 2017

These complaints are older, but I can completely agree. I have lived here for 2 years, been thru 3 managers, and it has been a nightmare. They will not fix anything in the units, the manager will not help, and if you call corporate they give you the run around and do not respond to calls or emails. We have been lied to and deceived since the day we moved in. To top it all off, they decided to not renew my lease and gave my family (with 3 small children) 2 1/2 weeks to find a new place and move out. Which is pretty much impossible since we had no time to prepare for this, we may not have a place to live for a while because of their lack of consideration.